Comments
121 - 140 of 441 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 26
Angel

Lady Lake, FL

#126 Oct 12, 2012
Mishoga volonino wrote:
Hello, my name is Mish. My husband is a retired captain from the NYPD. He's 53 and I am 49. We are looking into a few states for our retirement. Florida,Texas,and Nevada are the states we are considering. My biggest concern is I have an 18 year old son. He'll be older because we are planning to move in two years. We are waiting for our oldest son to be established in his career and on his own.
Back to my younger son, he wants to move with us. He has Crohns Disease and wants to be near us which is fine by us. Does the villages allow that? Second, can anyone tell me if they purchased/built a premier home? Can all home have a private pool?
Thank you so much in advance
Your son can live with you from age19 on...I have met a few people here who have disabled children for example over 19 with them and they find it wonderful here...not only can they care for their child but they can live their life also by enjoying the clubs and squares with free entertainment. Also some have older children living with them due to divorce. Many homes have pools...check with sales person if you have enough room on your property then go ahead. My property cannot have extended lanai for pool but I knew that before I bought. Hope this helps
Steve

Lansdale, PA

#127 Oct 18, 2012
My parents retired to the Villages after raising 8 children. I can honestly say it added many quality years to my parents life. So often we hear about people dying shortly after they retire. My parent had a great life after they retired because of the Villages. My mother never picked up a golf club until she moved to the Villages. We couldn't wait to visit mom and dad which we did often. As a matter of many of us plan to retire to the Villages.
Don't be concerned where you live or how big your house is because you all play in the same sandbox at the Villages!
A Republican

Ocala, FL

#128 Oct 18, 2012
Good if you are a Republican or in the Tea Party. I must admit its not so comfortable if you are a Democratic.

I've heard of Obama supporters being harassed and their gars keyed.

Rent and see if it fits for you. The dirty little secret is many move out after a few years. Its getting too crowded. Lots of accidents and fees keep going up. Hard to get into anything and houses are too close together.
what

Lady Lake, FL

#129 Oct 23, 2012
the people are nasty to the younger generation that works in the Villages. But let them need a nurse or doctor....they also treat children poorly as they don't want to be bothered during their happy hour.
Works in The Villages

Winter Park, FL

#130 Nov 7, 2012
I have worked here for almost 5 years. This is NOT the "friendliest home town"!!! I have lived in numerous cities and states. I have never worked in a city where the majority of the population are white, racist, republicans. Mitt Romney is a boss and a crook. He is NOT president material. And if you believe a boss should run the country then you too are in the dark ages. We have had strides for the future such as labor laws and woman's rights that will NEVER go backwards. Until republicans can "come of age" they will never successfully run this country. Regarding the people here in "the friendliest hometown"; the majority of the people here have been demanding, inpatient, and expect us to do anything and everything for them. I use to like the elderly. I am growing to despise most of them. At least in The Villages. Get your heads out of your asses and understand that we are not here to lift your own damn fingers. I'm sick of the racist jokes. The bitching when they aren't taken back exactly at their appointment time. Would love to say what I really feel about those who arrive early and have the audacity to complain that we didn't bring them back right when they showed up. Screw you! Don't show up over an hour early then you won't get your stinking crusty panties in a bunch! I'm tired of the slow driving and the feeble, medicated, or plain stupid drivers that clog up the roads and cause accidents due to going ridiculously under the speed limit or not paying attention at the roundabouts. FYI people: The person in the RIGHT lane has the RIGHT of way. If you are turning off and your in the left lane STOP EFFIN' honking your horns when YOU are the ones in the wrong. Get a clue or GET OFF THE ROAD! You've had your time on the road. If your too old to pay attention then it's definitely time to STOP DRIVING! Seriously people! I'd say grow up, but you're way past that! Maybe I should say,"Mature, take your own damn initiative, and stop expecting everything handed to you immediately." Life doesn't come that easy. You should already know this as you've been around the block many more times then I have yet you still insist on being douchebags. Not all of you are such jerks, but the number of you who are certainly seems to be growing. Or I am just fed up with this place and the inhabitants. The sheltered WHITE bubble we call The Villages. Sometimes this place seems nothing more than a cult. A cult full of angry, bitter, racist, self righteous jerks...minus the few REAL human beings I've had the pleasure to get to know. The rest of you can have this city 'cause no one else around here wants it. That's for damn sure!
Works in The Villages

Winter Park, FL

#131 Nov 7, 2012
what wrote:
the people are nasty to the younger generation that works in the Villages. But let them need a nurse or doctor....they also treat children poorly as they don't want to be bothered during their happy hour.
I agree completely. I have worked in this city for almost 5 years so I definitely know how people really are here. They ARE nasty to the younger generation and the young workers. As if we personally had something to do with why they are so miserable. It's too crowded and if you're not Republican or racist watch out! Those kind of people run this city.
Works in The Villages

Winter Park, FL

#132 Nov 7, 2012
N Jay wrote:
I live in S Florida and was looking at the villages, I am a gay couple. are we welcome We are thinking of renting before purchasing, can I get some information in regards to rentals. How close to Tampa are you is there buses taking you there? What major interstates are in your area? When renting are there monthly fees I should be concerned about? If I do rent do I have the same priveldges as owners.
Unfortunately you would not be excepted here. This population seems to be brimming with republican old views. There are a number of racist folk here too. If you decide to move here I would keep the fact that you're gay to you and your partner. The gossip here moves like wildfire and most of that talk would be slanderous towards both of you. You're not missing anything. There is a sheltered bubble effect to this city that leaves little to no room for open mindedness. People's cars and have been keyed just for voicing they were Democrat. People have been threatened or outcast just because they WEREN'T racist or because they were gay. There are a few gay couples here. Probably like 5 which is more than the 3 black couples who live here. LOL! Unbelievably old fashioned and racist. I also have to mention that The Villages has also had the highest STD count per capita in Florida. See the New York Post a few years back. I wouldn't bother with this place if I were you. The country is too big to settle on a cult like community such as The Villages. Too expensive and way too crowded as well.
Truth

Blue Ridge, GA

#133 Nov 9, 2012
Good answer.
Run from the Villages!
N Jay

Delray Beach, FL

#134 Nov 13, 2012
OK then what about Orlando and where in Orlando would you recommend for retirement communities I have looked at a few what your view
A Villager

Ocala, FL

#135 Nov 13, 2012
Don't know about Orlando but the Del Webbs are nice and Stonecrest right here next to the Villages.
Works in The Villages

Winter Park, FL

#136 Dec 26, 2012
N Jay wrote:
OK then what about Orlando and where in Orlando would you recommend for retirement communities I have looked at a few what your view
Honestly don't know of many others. There are a few that are right around The Villages, but don't have as many restrictions and added taxes. Restrictions such as landscaping and other personal changes to your house. Depending on the neighborhood you move in there are different sets of rules and amenities. The communities surrounding The Villages, as far as I know, have more freedom to personalize their own living space. They have the convenient location and can enjoy aspects of The Villages without actually living there. Del Web and Spruce Creek. There are others. The Orlando area has retirement communities as well. More integrated with the younger and surrounding communities as opposed to The Villages which is pretty much a swing filled angry cult. If that's what people like then more power to them. If unconventional then I wouldn't recommend The Villages.
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#137 Dec 26, 2012
Anyone that comes to the Villages will LOVE it. Gays and Democrats included.
Judy

Lady Lake, FL

#138 Dec 26, 2012
I live in the Villages. I'm gay and a Democrat. I LOVE it here. We will never move.
I'm a FROG.....here til I croak.
Judy

Lady Lake, FL

#139 Dec 26, 2012
Works in The Villages wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately you would not be excepted here. This population seems to be brimming with republican old views. There are a number of racist folk here too. If you decide to move here I would keep the fact that you're gay to you and your partner. The gossip here moves like wildfire and most of that talk would be slanderous towards both of you. You're not missing anything. There is a sheltered bubble effect to this city that leaves little to no room for open mindedness. People's cars and have been keyed just for voicing they were Democrat. People have been threatened or outcast just because they WEREN'T racist or because they were gay. There are a few gay couples here. Probably like 5 which is more than the 3 black couples who live here. LOL! Unbelievably old fashioned and racist. I also have to mention that The Villages has also had the highest STD count per capita in Florida. See the New York Post a few years back. I wouldn't bother with this place if I were you. The country is too big to settle on a cult like community such as The Villages. Too expensive and way too crowded as well.
The STD story that was written has been PROVED FALSE. Just an idiot from the NY POST trying to create a story. The fact that YOU keep it going proves that you know NOTHING about The Villages.
Gays are totally accepted here. I am one, I know.
Works in the Villages

Winter Park, FL

#140 Dec 28, 2012
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
The STD story that was written has been PROVED FALSE. Just an idiot from the NY POST trying to create a story. The fact that YOU keep it going proves that you know NOTHING about The Villages.
Gays are totally accepted here. I am one, I know.
Wellp. Being here for quite a few years I think I would know something about The Villages. The STD story I read was from the New York Post. A rather reputable newspaper depending on who you're talking to. I have seen a few lesbian couples like one gay male couple. Have heard a couple of them say they like it here, BUT the overall consensus is that they aren't excepted. Gay men seem to be less tolerated. Who's to say when you leave the room they aren't insulting your lifestyle choices? Maybe your circle of friends or the "maintenence men and woman" who service the lonely except you. I would. I have no prejudice towards such things. Overall, in MY experience the majority of people here are old, Republican, and racist. I will never waiver on the idea that this place is an over rated community of inpatient close minded people. Not all, but the majority. At least in MY experience. I can't speak for those who live here. I only see it from the work side. I did live in Lady Lake for years and my neighbors there were still predominantly white racist Republicans. I think I've seen maybe 5 gay couples and 3 black families. I've seen 1000s of people here. So please share your opinion. Maybe not be so rude about it though. I'm just being honest. Moving here is a big thing and cost people money. I think they would be better off hearing both sides of the story. Hearing from opposing views should better assist their decision. PEACE!
Judy

Lady Lake, FL

#141 Dec 28, 2012
The New York Post is definitely NOT a reputable newspaper. I'm from NYC. The STD story was written to sell papers. The POST is well known in NY for it's outrageous headlines. The retractions are numerous but buried inside the paper. So people constantly quote the headlines and miss the fact that the next day the story was retracted. They know the story is untrue but they publish it to make money.
Then everyone repeats the story ad naseum, until people believe that it's true.
Just google STD Villages Florida and you can read all about the nurses that responded to the initial story and how annoyed they were when it ran.
You may have only met a handful of gays(that you know of). We don't gather in public places and discuss our sex lives with strangers, so I don't know how you are counting.
You cannot tell a gay person just by looking at them. We have many ways to meet and socialize amongst ourselves. We love it here and are accepted.
Kat

Lady Lake, FL

#142 Jan 18, 2013
The people in the Villages of there Leader who rips them off Adolf Morris Fools all of them
Pam

Longwood, FL

#143 Jan 26, 2013
Manual LaBore wrote:
<quoted text>It all wears off after you live here for a few years. A lot of sex going on, many widows and golf widows who are having a great time. Not unusual to find married women having affairs with the pool boys and grounds workers when hubby is at play on the course. A lot going on my friend, come join the fun.
Just read the Kindle book, "Cougar in the Villages." It certainly gives some insight into the naughty goings on in The Villages.
Pam

Longwood, FL

#144 Jan 26, 2013
i just read the Kindle book "Cougar in The Villages." It certainly gives some insight into the naughty goings on in The Villages!
Judy

Lady Lake, FL

#145 Jan 26, 2013
Pam wrote:
i just read the Kindle book "Cougar in The Villages." It certainly gives some insight into the naughty goings on in The Villages!
Do you think that just because someone writes it in a book...it must be TRUE ???
Leisureville was written several years ago....by a person who VISITED the Villages but does not LIVE here.
There ws so much MISinformation in that book. Probably the same for this LATEST book. People just trying to make money off those that will believe anything they read.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wildwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 2 hr Liberal forever 2,958
Who else had a bisexual wife? 2 hr Hank 3
How many sexual partners have you had ? 2 hr Mitch 8
moderators 4 hr Visitor 108
What TOTV will not let you talk about 5 hr Dude 278
Talk Of The Villages (TOTV) 6 hr Dude 91
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 13 hr Liberal forever 2,121
•••
•••
Wildwood Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wildwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wildwood People Search