Court: Christian school can expel les...

Court: Christian school can expel lesbian students

There are 4077 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Jan 27, 2009, titled Court: Christian school can expel lesbian students. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

A California appeals court has ruled that a Christian high school can expel students because of an alleged lesbian relationship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 204
Next Last
Stuck in Bpt Hell

Portland, CT

#4397 Dec 17, 2010
The world should be cleansed of religion. ALL religion!!! Just look at some of the wacko comments here! These nutsacks are crazier than Osama Bin Laden!!!
lifeisshort

Naugatuck, CT

#4398 Dec 17, 2010
Nex Carmichael wrote:
All religion sucks.
There is no god. Man is a cosmic accident, nothing more, nothing less.
Belief systems are just that, systems that are constructed and changed just as easily. It don't really matter what you believe, whatever is going to happen to you when you die will have nothing at all to do with what you believe. Believe me!
There is some logic in what you say. Throughout history, wars have started over religion, millions have died over religious beliefs and I seriously doubt that it will ever end.
I believe that people should be free to either choose their religion or choose not to have a religion. Wars over it are senseless and accomplish nothing. If someone wants to believe in a God then let them, but don't push your beliefs onto someone else.
I'm not one to pray that I have a healthy and happy life. That's not up to a God, that's up to me. Praying does nothing. It's only a tool that a religion uses to give someone hope. A hope that God is listening and will grant me my wish if I pray enough. Rediculous. Think about it.
Just my opinion

Chambersburg, PA

#4399 Dec 17, 2010
My only question is: If you don't believe in the bible (which says that homosexuality is wrong), why would you want to go to a Christian school anyways? Don't people usually go to Christian schools so they can learn Christian values and have bible study time, etc? I sometimes wonder if people that put themselves in this type of situation that this girl did only do it to cause problems and for the publicity they get.

I've seen several posts where people said that Christians should mind their own business. Maybe if people would leave us alone and allow us to live our beliefs, we would leave you alone as well. That hasn't happened though. Christian employers are being forced in some states to accept homosexuality and provide spousal benefits. Manger scenes are being taken down due to law suits. You can't say Merry Christmas. Is that leaving us alone? No. We should be able to be exempt from these things just like some religions are allowed to be exempt from other things. Christians are expected to give, give, give and when we speak up for our beliefs we are called greedy, stupid, hypocrites, etc. WE just want EQUAL rights too.
Just Commenting

Ridgeland, SC

#4400 Dec 17, 2010
Just my opinion wrote:
My only question is: If you don't believe in the bible (which says that homosexuality is wrong), why would you want to go to a Christian school anyways? Don't people usually go to Christian schools so they can learn Christian values and have bible study time, etc? I sometimes wonder if people that put themselves in this type of situation that this girl did only do it to cause problems and for the publicity they get.
I've seen several posts where people said that Christians should mind their own business. Maybe if people would leave us alone and allow us to live our beliefs, we would leave you alone as well. That hasn't happened though. Christian employers are being forced in some states to accept homosexuality and provide spousal benefits. Manger scenes are being taken down due to law suits. You can't say Merry Christmas. Is that leaving us alone? No. We should be able to be exempt from these things just like some religions are allowed to be exempt from other things. Christians are expected to give, give, give and when we speak up for our beliefs we are called greedy, stupid, hypocrites, etc. WE just want EQUAL rights too.
You want equal rights yet you give them to nobody else...Interesting.. And on your point on publicity, most parents send kids to christain schools because they are supposed to be "Good"
All most christains do is spew hate.
Just my opinion

York, PA

#4401 Dec 17, 2010
Just Commenting wrote:
<quoted text>
You want equal rights yet you give them to nobody else...Interesting.. And on your point on publicity, most parents send kids to christain schools because they are supposed to be "Good"
All most christains do is spew hate.
Did I say that you shouldn't have equal rights? No, I did not. I am not for gay marriage, but that is not my decision. What I am saying though is that I feel a business owner should have the right to not acknowledge that marriage and provide spousal benefits if that goes against their religious beliefs. If the gay couple is in need of spousal benefits, then they can get a job with an atheist who would be more than willing to accept it and provide benefits. Your beliefs (which many Christians feel are immoral) are being shoved down our throats. I just feel that while you should have your rights, we should have ours to say we want no parts of it. While we are to be accepting of others, we are not supposed to make their sins easy. That would be like saying if a person wants to commit suicide, then we should give them a gun.
Just Commenting

Ridgeland, SC

#4402 Dec 17, 2010
I'm not shoving homosexuality down your throat? And comparing homosexuality to suicide is like comparing Christianity to Islam.
A Christian

Bristol, CT

#4403 Mar 23, 2011
Purity wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank GOD!
Thank GOD for America Gentleman Samuel.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#4404 Mar 31, 2011
Just Commenting wrote:
I'm not shoving homosexuality down your throat? And comparing homosexuality to suicide is like comparing Christianity to Islam.
Comparing homosexuality to suicide is like comparing Christianity to Sola Scriptura Fundamentalism.
Jesus Christ - Himself

San Anselmo, CA

#4405 Mar 31, 2011
Iím going to create man and woman with original sin. Then Iím going to impregnate a woman with myself as
her child, so that I can be born. Once alive, I will kill myself as a sacrifice to myself. To save you from the sin I originally condemned you to. Ta Dah !!!
Nexra Blevins

San Anselmo, CA

#4406 Mar 31, 2011
The bible cannot be taken any more seriously than Harry Potter or Romancing The Stone. They were all written by humans. Humans tell stories and fabricate things to make sense of the world around them and to make sure it goes their way, always have.

Jesus wasn't a Christian or a Jew, Buddha wasn't a Buddhist, and Muhammad never did exist.

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#4407 Mar 31, 2011
Nexra Blevins wrote:
The bible cannot be taken any more seriously than Harry Potter or Romancing The Stone. They were all written by humans. Humans tell stories and fabricate things to make sense of the world around them and to make sure it goes their way, always have.
Jesus wasn't a Christian or a Jew, Buddha wasn't a Buddhist, and Muhammad never did exist.
Next You're going to tell Me the big Bunny does'nt exist either.
Nexra Blevins

San Anselmo, CA

#4408 Mar 31, 2011
Oh no I would never do that! The Big Bunny certainly does exist. And his brother the Wascally Wabbit, and his other brother or cousin Roger Rabbit. One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small ... Remember what the dormouse said; "Keep YOUR HEAD ...

“Sam Colt made men equal”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4409 Mar 31, 2011
lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>There is some logic in what you say. Throughout history, wars have started over religion, millions have died over religious beliefs and I seriously doubt that it will ever end.
I believe that people should be free to either choose their religion or choose not to have a religion. Wars over it are senseless and accomplish nothing. If someone wants to believe in a God then let them, but don't push your beliefs onto someone else.
I'm not one to pray that I have a healthy and happy life. That's not up to a God, that's up to me. Praying does nothing. It's only a tool that a religion uses to give someone hope. A hope that God is listening and will grant me my wish if I pray enough. Rediculous. Think about it.
Very well put.
MRS AVA

Wellford, SC

#4411 Mar 31, 2011
This is 2011 let people who are consenting adults alone.
atcs89

Arlington, TX

#4412 Apr 1, 2011
YES! as they should be allowed to....
Taxed Enough Already

San Jose, CA

#4413 Apr 2, 2011
Just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that you shouldn't have equal rights? No, I did not. I am not for gay marriage, but that is not my decision. What I am saying though is that I feel a business owner should have the right to not acknowledge that marriage and provide spousal benefits if that goes against their religious beliefs. If the gay couple is in need of spousal benefits, then they can get a job with an atheist who would be more than willing to accept it and provide benefits. Your beliefs (which many Christians feel are immoral) are being shoved down our throats. I just feel that while you should have your rights, we should have ours to say we want no parts of it. While we are to be accepting of others, we are not supposed to make their sins easy. That would be like saying if a person wants to commit suicide, then we should give them a gun.
The same California courts that find a minor can have an abortion - without knowledge of her parents? Puhleeez.

Your whole argument is self refuting. People should be able to be polygamist, for instance, if they choose. It's religious freedom.

"Jesus spoke highly of polygamy, Solomon was able to determine the difference between justice and providence; and married them both.

"The pillar of society, the salt of the earth was found in the in the monogamy of Lot's Wife.

"We can't be sure whether it was Dueteronomy, Leviticus or Numbers - or whether it Mose's monogamy - that prohibited Moses from entering into the promised land.

"God doesn't condemn gay men, rather, challenges women who don't like men.

"Who chooses not to like women?"

You lead a generation to stumble based on double minded antics. Incredibly ditsy. The world will persecute the righteous, but will persecute the unrighteous as well.

"'If anyone has to bare a cross,' said Jesus,'bare your own, and don't impose it on others.' Said in Hebrew, transcribed in Greek, translated in Latin, deciphered in English, and now in the New American Vernacular Version."

Essentially you and your little religious non profits prevail to be freeload operations against non profit tax laws.

Wha, people get $2 or more from Uncle Sam for every $1 "donated" into your little brainwash scam?

Not a good fit for the progressive little lesbians apparently - maybe they should marry a good man together, with each other.. especially since maybe they're just gay most of the time.

But you presume tax return benefits against the American Constitution, in the name of Jesus, in the name of GOD - while, well, careful who you might offend, then.

God is not your only judge. What's important to Abraham is important to God, and don't you forget it, sister.
Taxed Enough Already

Escalon, CA

#4414 Apr 2, 2011
Just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that you shouldn't have equal rights? No, I did not.
You do, now.
Just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>I am not for gay marriage, but that is not my decision.
Apparently it is.
Just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>What I am saying though is that I feel a business owner should have the right to not acknowledge that marriage and provide spousal benefits if that goes against their religious beliefs.
Even if the business has nothing to do with religion? What are you, the KKK or the Third Reich?

And how does that apply against public employees under the tax base?

Or religious non profits that benefit tax perk benefits enabling them to advance their political preferences, illegally?
Just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
If the gay couple is in need of spousal benefits, then they can get a job with an atheist who would be more than willing to accept it and provide benefits.
You presume an athiest? What about a Jew? Or an agnostic? Or a real, sincerely genuine Christian (unlike you)?
Just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Your beliefs (which many Christians feel are immoral) are being shoved down our throats.

And you shove pork down everybody else's.

So whose shoving what down which throat?
Just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>I just feel that while you should have your rights, we should have ours to say we want no parts of it.
Then stay home and stop interfering with the GNP. Whatever your brand of products and services are, we want no part of. Essentially, your fired, babe.
Just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>While we are to be accepting of others, we are not supposed to make their sins easy.
Ditsy. Duplicitous. Double minded.

Your brand of "acceptance" then is to impose what your opinion is "good for the character?"

You're a sicko twit and any growing, self sustaining enterprise would never hire you. You can hardly think straight and bad for business.

Stay home, be "subserviant" to your man, and shut the hell up, then.
Just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>That would be like saying if a person wants to commit suicide, then we should give them a gun.
Honey, why should we stop you from killing yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 204
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wildomar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pagans Out Of The 'Broom Closet' In Southwest R... (Jan '10) 17 hr indano 240
News Murrieta Police Asking Public's Help in Identif... Aug 24 JMulvihill 1
News One year later, Central American migrants long ... Aug 22 wild child 1
News Political EmpireRIVERSIDE COUNTY: Shellie Milne... Aug 20 Jeff Stone 1
Judy :P (Nov '13) Aug 19 anonymous 7
lake elsinore gang orin Aug 17 elsinore ducumentary 3
News Soccer coach arrested on suspicion of having se... (Nov '08) Jul '15 myself 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wildomar Mortgages