Murder of "Red" Killion

Posted in the Wilburton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chad Norman

Texarkana, AR

#1 Aug 9, 2011
In August of 1997, Billy J. "Red" Killion was shot to death at his home in Latimer county. To date, the case remains unsolved. If anyone has any information regarding this murder, please email me at [email protected]
coon

Sedalia, MO

#2 Aug 12, 2011
I don't have info on the murder but worked with Red back in late seventies right after he was released from prison, no telling who did it Red dealt with some shady characters , dope and dog fighting probably someone that owed him money or he owed them. Red was a good welder though.
Joe

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Dec 21, 2011
Think back to who the sherrif was @ that time. He was gunned down
Chad Norman

Texarkana, AR

#4 Dec 21, 2011
Thank you for the response, Joe. I do believe you're on the right track. I am looking for any information, even hearsay, that might lead to a break in this case. Anything offered up would be anonymous, of course.
No comment

Tulsa, OK

#5 Jan 8, 2012
Its gonna be hearsay of course, but I heard a previous sheriff charged 300 a month for certain "jobs" and red didnt want to pay. A deputy who passed away a few years ago was said to say he saw M.H. and a deputy R.D. leaving the area during the same time and later M.H. was seen with blood on his hands. The weapon used was given to the under sheriff at the time M.W. to be destroyed. I had heard red didnt come out of his house without a piece unless he knew you well. Like I said its not based on anything but hearsay talk.
As if

United States

#6 Jan 11, 2012
I can guarantee u M.W. had nothing to do with that murder or destroying of any evidence. He had just moved here when that happened. It was one of 3 homicides and he spent hours and hours trying to solve that case. He was one of the most honest officers we have had. Besides the deputy that passed a few years back had a personal problem with M.W. so take that story u were told with a grain of salt. That deputy and several others spent a lot of time stabbing their fellow officers in the back cause their buddies got busted. Like one time that deputy that died that u are talking about called some dopers and told them the Sheriffs office was headed out to serve a warrant. Its a wonder a lot of them didn't get killed. He was a snitch for the bad guys.
SMH

United States

#7 Jan 12, 2012
U should really watch posting hear say. Not only can it destroy a persons character this kind of hear say can get someone hurt or killed. Not to mention the unnecessary harassment from the police.
Chad Norman

Texarkana, AR

#8 Jan 12, 2012
I appreciate the replies so far. If for no other reason than reminding people of what has gone on, and what still has left to be settled. "No Comment"; did you mean WM or MW? MW wasnt the Under-Sheriff at that time, WM was. I agree with SMH to a point, some hear say is valid though. I do take anything that RT would have had to say with a grain of salt, he was in tight with that crowd from the beginning. As far as MW working hours and hours trying to solve this murder, that's simply not true. It simply wasn't investigated by either the LCSO or the OSBI. In fact, you could say that the LCSO did more to obstruct any investigation than anything.
SMH

United States

#9 Jan 12, 2012
Well Chad at least you straightened them out on the undersheriff. I know some hours were spent on that case as I said it was 1 of 3 during that time so perhaps I was wrong on the hrs spent on the case. However I still can guarantee that M.W. was not the one involved on destroying evidence. Have a good evening and good luck with the case.
No comment

United States

#10 Jan 13, 2012
I did mean WM not MW, sorry. and Chad I dont know a RT. Hope they reopen the case someday
SMH

United States

#11 Jan 15, 2012
Hey no comment weren't you talking about B.C.?
who cares

United States

#12 Jun 21, 2012
You people really need to get over this , there were more then a few people that wanted that man gone ..... Maybe you should talk to some of the girls he got messed up and were made to have sex with his dogs , this guy was not a good person and he got what he deserved .........
concerned citizen

Tulsa, OK

#13 Jul 16, 2012
It's a shame that crimes are not treated equal in the counties no matter what type of person they were.
well mh is doing30 years

Denver, CO

#14 Jul 24, 2012
his reputation is long since gone ask reds tweaker brother if you wanta to know who killed red.
and over who

we may as well say melven

Denver, CO

#15 Jul 24, 2012
well mh is doing30 years wrote:
his reputation is long since gone ask reds tweaker brother if you wanta to know who killed red.
and over who
Melvin holly doing time on federal racketeering charges and rape, and collusion, attempted or threatened to murder.

that's the reputation your all trying to protect
EX LAW

Muskogee, OK

#16 Jul 26, 2012
There were TWO people involved in Red;s homicide.. At least one knew the layout of his yard well because you couldn't get close to his house without being bitten by his dogs otherwise.. Now, There was a certain path you could take and the dog's couldn't actually reach you BUT, That wasn't well known.. I mention that only because it is an interesting fact.

Sheriff Holly at the time had in his employment a fine very capable investigator by the name of Roger England.. Roger was living in the talahina area and was on his way TO that area traveling south on HY 2. Roger was made aware of the recently discovered Homicide via radio traffuc.. Sheriff Holly was at the scene when Roger ask hin if he wanted him to come to the scene and assist ? He was told no.

Why the sheriff didn't want the services of a very capable, Experienced homicide investigator at a time when Roger's expertise should have been exactly what was needed Is beyond me. Roger was told to go on home, So he did.. I would have wanted Rogers complete assistance processing the Crime Scene.. Upon arrival, They could and should have photographed the crime scene{Before entering and contaminating the scenr}. A pristine crime scene photographed is fabulous, Not only during an investigatiobn , BUT, Especially in court. Fully processing that scene would not have taken very long however BECAUSE, The victim was killed somewhere else and dropped off at that scene by the two murderers. Roger's employment for the county ended a very shot time later. There is more but I'm going to stop here.
George Cueball

Muskogee, OK

#17 Jul 26, 2012
You damn people think I don't know whats going on but my many years in the CIA and FBI with J Edgar and GH Bush { Two very close friends of mine} Sent me to this little quiet cesspool of Crime and information center of the universe. I know it all.
Snitch

Muskogee, OK

#18 Jan 29, 2013
EX LAW is correct.
obvious

United States

#19 Jan 29, 2013
Wow ex law. Thanx for saying somewhat of something fifteen years later. Class act. People are too scared to speak up. Because even law enforcement is envolved. You guys are all screwed.
EX LAW

Muskogee, OK

#20 Jan 29, 2013
Obvios, I said it many years ago to people who typed it up and filed it. So, YOU'RE WELCOME !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilburton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I hate hartshorne oklahoma (Sep '11) 7 hr Big bad john 13
Clayton Police Blotter 14 hr blinders on 1
271 Bar south of Clayton Sep 23 blinders on 6
Downtown Sep 19 bid stick 4
thank you mike mass Sep 14 Big bad john 8
late nighters! Sep 13 Countess von Back... 3
Camping info Sep 12 sodbuster 2

Wilburton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance