Maize,KS running mayor owes TAXES!!!!

Posted in the Wichita Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Jane Doe

Pittsburg, KS

#1 Mar 18, 2009
Thomas F. Reed, running for the position of mayor in Maize,KS owes thousands of dollars in back owed taxes!!!! Do you think someone running for a political position, promising to lower taxes as part of his campaign, should be elected even though he owes the IRS thousands of dollars??? What do you think and what should be done???
Concerned Maize Citizen

Newton, KS

#2 Mar 18, 2009
His wife Kathy Reed is also running for re-election for City Council. She, like her husband owes thousands of dollars in taxes! Citizens of Maize need to get informed on the TRUTH and not on false information being passed out by this group running for election. They put information on a petition that was being sent around that does not have correct information on it! People get informed and KNOW who you are voting for. I'm with you Jane Doe! This is not someone I would want as Mayor of a growing community such as Maize! If it's not broke,,,,,no need to fix it!
Dave the man

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 18, 2009
Wow! Isn't this both interesting and amazing. Is this Thomas Reed young, dashing, and charming? If he was in Washington, DC he would fit in perfectly. In fact it would be a definite resume enhanzer. Since he hadn't paid his taxes. Since he is from Maize where our0fine citzenry expects and holds our politicians to higher standards I would assume that he will have sime explaining to do. Will he man-up and say he was wrong or will he and his supporters take the excuse road and try to deodorize his record. Simply saying it was "sloppy bookwork" or a simple oversight won't pass the smell test on this one. Looks like Thomas Reed is the cat that got caught with a canary in his mouth!
PS Maybe he should check with his wife Cathy,who is running for re-election on City Council, and see if together they could have a short campaign slogan. "We'll raise your taxes so we don't have to pay ours!"
charmy

Topeka, KS

#4 Mar 19, 2009
Dave the man wrote:
Wow! Isn't this both interesting and amazing. Is this Thomas Reed young, dashing, and charming? If he was in Washington, DC he would fit in perfectly. In fact it would be a definite resume enhanzer. Since he hadn't paid his taxes. Since he is from Maize where our0fine citzenry expects and holds our politicians to higher standards I would assume that he will have sime explaining to do. Will he man-up and say he was wrong or will he and his supporters take the excuse road and try to deodorize his record. Simply saying it was "sloppy bookwork" or a simple oversight won't pass the smell test on this one. Looks like Thomas Reed is the cat that got caught with a canary in his mouth!
PS Maybe he should check with his wife Cathy,who is running for re-election on City Council, and see if together they could have a short campaign slogan. "We'll raise your taxes so we don't have to pay ours!"
Please. Look at the dumbasses we have in there now!!! Stupid LaMonyun give me a break!!! The guy was a flunky cop and now works for Maize. Everyone wants that idiot gone!!! The person starting this thread is probably intimidated by the Reeds because they are running. Trust me we cxan find dirt on you too.
Dave the man

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 19, 2009
Wow ! Charmy Your literary skills are brilliant. No doubt you and your 2 friends had a marathon session last night to get you to that point. I bet they said " Charmy you are a true genius. Please be sure to put a stampede of exclamation marks after your incoherent comments that way it will make them seem true."
I knew my prior posting would hit a blood vessel. I was delighted to see it was an artery....which is no small feet since I was aiming at a big fat hippo. Before you post any more literary brilliance please do the voters of Maize a favor 1. Remain sober for at least 2 hour's 2. Encourage the Reed's to pay Uncle Sam his money with interest. 3. Pull up your saggy pants you have nothing worth showing the people of Maize! Peace out friend.
p.s. I bet you are very creative with that Big Chief Tablet and crayons you keep tucked under your pillow.
Paul

Pittsburg, KS

#6 Mar 19, 2009
Dave the Man.... I am sorry, but Charmy is just to incoherent to understand those big words you use! You must know that all the people who support Tom and Cathy are nothing but a bunch of dope smoking, ignorant, people that listen to one mans words and thoughts and take them as their own. You call this "DIRT" charmy, this is nothing more than public information that even the people we are speaking about have talked about. Maybe everybody should find out the real truth on every situation before speaking. The city of Maize has done nothing but grow to be a better town and crossed many obstacles, that wouldn't be possible without the people we have in city hall now, with a few exceptions(Cathy)! Sorry to make ignorant f*#ks like charmy and your friends concentrate so hard to read this, but I will let you, Tom, and Cathy get back to smoking that dope, and what ever else you need to relax after reading this post. Oh, and if you need a good mechanic, be sure not to take you car to D&R motors in Maize, because you will be sure to get your car back in worse condition than before you took it, thanks to a non-ASE certified mechanic that doesn't know his ass from an elbow.
too bad

Topeka, KS

#7 Mar 21, 2009
Paul wrote:
Dave the Man.... I am sorry, but Charmy is just to incoherent to understand those big words you use! You must know that all the people who support Tom and Cathy are nothing but a bunch of dope smoking, ignorant, people that listen to one mans words and thoughts and take them as their own. You call this "DIRT" charmy, this is nothing more than public information that even the people we are speaking about have talked about. Maybe everybody should find out the real truth on every situation before speaking. The city of Maize has done nothing but grow to be a better town and crossed many obstacles, that wouldn't be possible without the people we have in city hall now, with a few exceptions(Cathy)! Sorry to make ignorant f*#ks like charmy and your friends concentrate so hard to read this, but I will let you, Tom, and Cathy get back to smoking that dope, and what ever else you need to relax after reading this post. Oh, and if you need a good mechanic, be sure not to take you car to D&R motors in Maize, because you will be sure to get your car back in worse condition than before you took it, thanks to a non-ASE certified mechanic that doesn't know his ass from an elbow.
Is this DaMunyon? Both you and Dave the man are one in the same. Maize is ran by a bunch of dummies. They should have to live in the town to be on the city council!
Paul

Wichita, KS

#8 Mar 21, 2009
too bad wrote:
<quoted text>Is this DaMunyon? Both you and Dave the man are one in the same. Maize is ran by a bunch of dummies. They should have to live in the town to be on the city council!
too bad.. Being mayor or on the city council requires you to live in the city limits of Maize, as with most towns. "DaMunyon" as you say, also lives there too. Maybe you should know what you are speaking about before making a comment like that. Shows how intellectual you are. I think this topic was started to ask how somebody like this Tom guy, can run for mayor and owe thousands of dollars in back taxes. Just go to Sedgwick County treasurer's website, click delinquent tax listings on the right hand side, and type in Reed, Thomas F. and there you have a listing of past years of taxes owed.
too bad

Topeka, KS

#9 Mar 21, 2009
Everyone wants Damunyon out but he has to be voted out by the council who hired him on. Even then the schmuck will be paid $18,000 a year for awhile. He's not worth $8 a year working!! Who cares if the Reed's owe back taxes. Seems like you need to clean your own doorstep if you no what I mean Paul.
Dave the man

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Mar 21, 2009
Hey Paul ,
Just wanted to thank-you for your efforts to help educate the Reed group. Do you suppose we should enlighten these intellectual giants and tell them the Governor in Kansas actually lives in Kansas? or that Spongebob Squarepants is just a cartoon? Also thank you for telling me where not to take my car for auto repairs, have a great weekend!
p.s. Paul do you think I should let the panting Reed followers know that the Maize city elections are not in Emporia?

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#11 Mar 23, 2009
Is this who we really want to lead our community? From reading the posts, it's obvious Mr. Reed has an agenda to rid Maize of its city manager, LaMunyon.

Is a political agenda the best reason to run for public office? I think not. Agendas only hinder progress and create ethical misconduct.

Mr. Reed has a lifelong history of deviant conduct. In the 80's and 90's he sold drugs out of his home in maize until the police issued a search warrant on his home and arrested him. I think it was a felony?

He has run a mechanic shop for years evading paying his taxes, the same taxes that pay his wife Kathy to be on the city council. The same taxes that work for the betterment of his own town, yet he is 10's of thousands delinquent!! He even has rental properties in maize he and Kathy have delinquent taxes on. A good friend of mine sold a car to Reed several years ago and Mr. Reed tried to get him to lie about the amount he sold it for on the title. When my friend refused, Tom cussed him out!! Many have like stories about this guy.

Please people of maize, don't elect this guy!! Don't jeopardize your character and let this guy even close to public office.

Of course he doesn't like LaMunyon. LaMunyon was the chief of Wichita for over 15 years, a position that requires vast education and a vigorous hiring process and a desire to contribute to the community you live in. Tom Reed on the other hand, has no more than a high school education, been arrested by the police, and bucked authority all his life, even to this day by not paying his taxes, which is the simple duty of a productive, honest citizen.

Our community has one of the largest school districts in the state. Do you really want someone who's morals support drug dealing and dishonesty leading our community and influencing our children and grandchildren?

Think twice!! Spread the the word. VOTE NO TO THE REED'S!!!!

Tom and Kathy.... Show a little ethical behavior.... Withdraw for candidacy!!
Paul

Wichita, KS

#12 Mar 23, 2009
WOW mcccc!!! Very well said. I wish everyone that was voting was as educated as you! too bad is just another uneducated follower of the Reeds. He seems to show his fine grammer skills every time he types a post. LaMunyon has accomplished more in five years of his career than too bad will ever accomplish in his LIFETIME! By you supporting the Reeds shows how incoherant you are of the needs of a small town. Don't even bother posting again, you should save what respect you have left. "Clean your doorstep if you know what I mean," no I don't know what you mean, you obviously think you know who this is, and have not the slightest clue. Listen to what mcccc said and wake up to reality. If you had any bit of sense you wouldn't vote for the Reed's either, but you probably buy pot from him and the least you could do is show your support in fear of getting cut off! It's unintelligent pieces of crap that have no understanding of reality that are better staying home and never showing your face!
Paul

Wichita, KS

#13 Mar 23, 2009
too bad.... You said yourself that the council voted LaMunyon in right? Well the people you support happen to be a part of the council{Cathy Reed} Seems quite contradicting to vote someone in, then want him out because your spouse doesn't like him. Just a thought, get back to me in 15 hours when you can process that thought.
Dave the man

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Mar 23, 2009
Hi Maize family,
I am new to the political scene here in Maize. I need some input on who this Rex Patterson dude is? He seems to be joined at the hip with the Reeds. Does he also have a not-so-glorious past? or does he have some value to Maize in City Hall? We need to make sure that current Mayor Donnelly is retained, but make sure he has decent , honorable people to work with. I am pleading for all Maize voters to make sure they are voting for decent, honest, hardworking people. Please write a letter to the newspaper, or notify one of the t.v. stations. Seems to me there would be plenty to report on. It is a must that we get the right leadership in Maize or our fine city will go to Pot!
too bad

Topeka, KS

#15 Mar 24, 2009
mcccc wrote:
Is this who we really want to lead our community? From reading the posts, it's obvious Mr. Reed has an agenda to rid Maize of its city manager, LaMunyon.
Is a political agenda the best reason to run for public office? I think not. Agendas only hinder progress and create ethical misconduct.
Mr. Reed has a lifelong history of deviant conduct. In the 80's and 90's he sold drugs out of his home in maize until the police issued a search warrant on his home and arrested him. I think it was a felony?
He has run a mechanic shop for years evading paying his taxes, the same taxes that pay his wife Kathy to be on the city council. The same taxes that work for the betterment of his own town, yet he is 10's of thousands delinquent!! He even has rental properties in maize he and Kathy have delinquent taxes on. A good friend of mine sold a car to Reed several years ago and Mr. Reed tried to get him to lie about the amount he sold it for on the title. When my friend refused, Tom cussed him out!! Many have like stories about this guy.
Please people of maize, don't elect this guy!! Don't jeopardize your character and let this guy even close to public office.
Of course he doesn't like LaMunyon. LaMunyon was the chief of Wichita for over 15 years, a position that requires vast education and a vigorous hiring process and a desire to contribute to the community you live in. Tom Reed on the other hand, has no more than a high school education, been arrested by the police, and bucked authority all his life, even to this day by not paying his taxes, which is the simple duty of a productive, honest citizen.
Our community has one of the largest school districts in the state. Do you really want someone who's morals support drug dealing and dishonesty leading our community and influencing our children and grandchildren?
Think twice!! Spread the the word. VOTE NO TO THE REED'S!!!!
Tom and Kathy.... Show a little ethical behavior.... Withdraw for candidacy!!
Did not say that I am voting for Tom Reed. Actually I do not vote at all. And are you saying Damonyun has more than a high school duploma. Doubt it! You need to take a poll of people who live in Maize and see who does like the guy. Not many! And let's guess you liked the idea of Barsol building a plant just north of our schools? Damunyon's bright idea. Like I said I have never voted in my life and do not plan to.
upset in maize

Wichita, KS

#16 Mar 24, 2009
too bad wrote:
<quoted text>Did not say that I am voting for Tom Reed. Actually I do not vote at all. And are you saying Damonyun has more than a high school duploma. Doubt it! You need to take a poll of people who live in Maize and see who does like the guy. Not many! And let's guess you liked the idea of Barsol building a plant just north of our schools? Damunyon's bright idea. Like I said I have never voted in my life and do not plan to.
If You are thinking of voting for Thomas F Reed for Mayor You need to go to www.sedgwickcounty.org look up delinquent tax and punch in his name. then you will see how much him and his wife owe. who do they think covers for them when they dont pay? we do the tax payers. vote to get Cathy Reed out, keep someone like Thomas Reed from ever getting in. these people cant handle their own money dont let them touch ours.The IRS needs to look in to their finances since they cant pay their taxes but can keep buying rental houses......
Dennis Rader

United States

#17 Mar 24, 2009
LaMuynon is my butt buddy
too bad

Topeka, KS

#18 Mar 24, 2009
upset in maize wrote:
<quoted text> If You are thinking of voting for Thomas F Reed for Mayor You need to go to www.sedgwickcounty.org look up delinquent tax and punch in his name. then you will see how much him and his wife owe. who do they think covers for them when they dont pay? we do the tax payers. vote to get Cathy Reed out, keep someone like Thomas Reed from ever getting in. these people cant handle their own money dont let them touch ours.The IRS needs to look in to their finances since they cant pay their taxes but can keep buying rental houses......
Again read... I have never even voted in my life!! And if you do not actually live in Maize but only send your kids to school there BUTT OUT!!! No I would never want anyone in office who can't handle their own money nor pay taxes. And if the case was you had to be up on your taxes to run or win any government or city position, half of our government would not be there. I personally think most of Maize should be torn down and rebuilt. It looks dumpy here.
upset in maize

Wichita, KS

#19 Mar 24, 2009
The City of Maize has spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars trying to get Tom Reed to clean up his so called business, He owns D&R junkyard and repair. It is the Biggest eyesore in maize and is located in what use to be called the business district. now it is just called the junkyard. if you would like to tour it just come to Maize find Park st drive down it till you the worst looking buildings with a bunch of homeless looking people pushing junk cars around in front of it. YOU ARE THERE. I in no way want this EMBARASSMENT to be our next Mayor. get the facts, and get out and vote.(too bad) if you dont vote and you think half the town should be torn down. MOVE !!!!!!!!!!
Little S A

Topeka, KS

#20 Mar 25, 2009
If you ever go to a council meeting you will always see Kathy reed either showing up late or so high she can't even respond right. She will get up and go outside and come back in over and over again.What a DRUG head. They think they own the town HAVE YOU SEEN THAT RAT HOLE THEY LIVE IN AND WORK IN D&R MOTORS. Give me a break there is NO WAY IN HELL I WOULD VOTE FOR THIS A-HOLE except to be a SLUM LORD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wichita Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware DuPont Management Customers Your Propert... (May '12) Jan 20 Bystander 10
News House member pursuing bill on transgender students Jan 19 Arithrianos 1
Domestic abuse Jan 19 Judy 20
News Second suspect identified in weekend shooting (Dec '07) Jan 8 Donnie Bonham 4
Ecolab Sucks (May '16) Jan 7 Jamie Dundee 9
19 times Dec 30 blndluvr 2
Illegal immigrant deported 9 times Dec 30 Ted Pinnix 1

Wichita Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wichita Mortgages