Whitwell man, Glenn Carlton Webster, gets 6 years of probation for sex abuse

A Whitwell, Tenn., man charged in June with 45 counts of rape and sexual battery of a teenage boy entered a no-contest plea last week that netted him six years of probation. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
confused jasper tn

Tullahoma, TN

#1 Oct 18, 2012
so much for our system this is a joke no wonder everybody talks about marion county
concerned citizen

Trenton, GA

#2 Oct 18, 2012
i don,t understand i didn,t know the trial had even taken place yet so he admitted to it and only got 6 years of probation boy that will turn them loose (sex offenders) watch your children people
Surprise

Trenton, GA

#4 Oct 20, 2012
I assume he did not serve any time because of the medical situation he is in.. a jail or prison simply does not have the medical equipment needed for someone in this shape. They will not pour the money needed into prisoners in bad / poor, health / physical condition.
investigator

Trenton, GA

#5 Oct 20, 2012
no i have to disagree they have sent them to prison at 80 or older cancer etc him being a triple amputee if anyone knows him he could just about do anything you could do and undoubtedly he can do anything even rape or leave it to the imagination which most of us can/t comprehend
Wow

Chattanooga, TN

#6 Oct 20, 2012
I don't understand this at all! Where are the adults in the court system that are suppose to be protecting this boy? He finally decides to tell what happened and the person who did this to him is not even punished. This is sending a message to others that are afraid to tell what is happening to them that even if they do tell nothing will happen. And this mans wife is a teacher. How many other boys did this man abuse?? If there are more they will never come out and tell now.
do care

Trenton, GA

#7 Oct 21, 2012
dont you know he has probably convinced his wife that he didnt do it because i havent heard that she has left him or does anyone know if she has or not because that sure isnt going to look good on her because doesnt she teach in elementary school the boys and girls that are handicapped i know if this happened to me they would not still live with me do you guys agree with me or what would you
you dont know

Trenton, GA

#9 Oct 21, 2012
the boy recanted, d0uchebags. he said that he made it up, but that dyke dtective would not let it go.

so, mind your own business, nosey white trash.
Ninja

Salem, VA

#12 Oct 23, 2012
I know the boy. He did not recant his story. "you don't know" doesn't know a thing.
confusas says

Trenton, GA

#14 Oct 23, 2012
thats my point exactly i dont think anyone would plead guilty to a charge that they were not guilty of. i mean come on do you really think that he didnt do anything much less that charge of rape and whatever else do these defenders of sexual abusers like glenn w . as i look at it life in prison would be better these persons no wonder they get off with hardly anything ( you dont know) must be his wife or another sexual abuser
nut cracker

Trenton, GA

#16 Oct 24, 2012
where does this guy live and they say he is a triple amputee needs to be on americas got talent if you could call it that
didnt happen tht way

United States

#17 Oct 24, 2012
Donnie slatton dis not KILL Lynn Watts. She was drunk, she was driving way way too fast, she wrecked the car and she had been drinkin and was drunk. He didn't bump her in his crappy four wheel drive truck, cause no way n hell could he have gotten close to her n that camaro. I hate that it happened but u can't blame him.
glad I moved

United States

#18 Oct 25, 2012
The newspaper said he plead guilty. If he did not do it then why didn't he go before a jury and tell his side and listen to what the 3 wittness had to say.
concerned parent

Trenton, GA

#19 Oct 25, 2012
the law is ass backward on this.here is a man whom pleade guilty and only got 6 yrs. handicap or not he needs to go jail....and get the same treatment as those children...sad for those kids whom he did that way... what did he get? freedom to go home. he didnt even have to pay any fines!!!and to the teacher who is married to this monster,how can you not know anything about this?
Love the Websters

Trenton, GA

#20 Oct 25, 2012
Oh please! Small minded, stupid, country, people have no idea what they are talking about and they LOVE to gossip.

Don't you think that there are 1000s of people bullied into pleading guilty when they are not? Don't you think police hear of a crime (that was recanted by the kid himself) that involves kids, they jump onto like a shark? This especially goes for that dyke detective at the MCSD who has kids with the other police dyke in SP. Of course a mother will believe anything children say, they have to, because precious children don't lie!

But, simple people believe what they want to.

BTW: his wife and him have a kid, don't you think that if he was this 'pervert' as you call him, his kid would have something to say? His kid's kids? Don't you think the 1000s of boyscouts he taught would have something to say, wouldn't you think that the 1000s of kids that he taught in school would have something to say?

One pissed off kid and one false accusation. I would plead guilty too, if I had to have a town of dumbasses like you all, judging me!

Whatever, you can't change people's small minds. Glenn and his family are welcome over to my house any day and would love to get together for dinner with you guys, such good times we have all had! I am not embarrassed or ashamed to be seen with you, to tell people that you are my friend, and I can't wait to see you guys at church. You guys have nothing to be ashamed, embarrassed of, or feel guilty about. Look at the people who are judging you: it's just the redneck, white-trash of Marion County. No one important.
XXXXXXXXX

Signal Mountain, TN

#21 Oct 25, 2012
FROM WHAT I HEARD THIS WASN'T THE FIRST TIME THIS HAPPENED. HE HAD BEEN CHARGED WITH THE SAME CRIME BEFORE AND GOT OUT OF IT. I GUESS IT WHO YOU KNOW AND HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE.....IT CAN GET IT OUT OF ANY CHARGES........JUST LOOK OVER PEOPLE

Since: Feb 10

High Point, NC

#22 Oct 25, 2012
Love the Websters wrote:
Oh please! Small minded, stupid, country, people have no idea what they are talking about and they LOVE to gossip.
Don't you think that there are 1000s of people bullied into pleading guilty when they are not? Don't you think police hear of a crime (that was recanted by the kid himself) that involves kids, they jump onto like a shark? This especially goes for that dyke detective at the MCSD who has kids with the other police dyke in SP. Of course a mother will believe anything children say, they have to, because precious children don't lie!
But, simple people believe what they want to.
BTW: his wife and him have a kid, don't you think that if he was this 'pervert' as you call him, his kid would have something to say? His kid's kids? Don't you think the 1000s of boyscouts he taught would have something to say, wouldn't you think that the 1000s of kids that he taught in school would have something to say?
One pissed off kid and one false accusation. I would plead guilty too, if I had to have a town of dumbasses like you all, judging me!
Whatever, you can't change people's small minds. Glenn and his family are welcome over to my house any day and would love to get together for dinner with you guys, such good times we have all had! I am not embarrassed or ashamed to be seen with you, to tell people that you are my friend, and I can't wait to see you guys at church. You guys have nothing to be ashamed, embarrassed of, or feel guilty about. Look at the people who are judging you: it's just the redneck, white-trash of Marion County. No one important.
He was Not bullied into confessing. He is guilty. Physical strength has nothing to do with it although this man is as strong as any other if not more. He prayed on young confused boys who were too embarrassed to tell anyone for the very reasons every here has mentioned. There were/are other victims who were willing to step forward if this child's testimony was not heard and/or believed. Fortunately, the system listened. Unfortunately, he isn't serving time. Put yourself in these kids (now men) place. How would you feel trying to tell someone like this had molested you! He got lucky.

Since: Feb 10

High Point, NC

#23 Oct 25, 2012
BTW. Going to church etc. does not exclude one from sin. We are all sinners in the eyes of the Lord. As far as his wife goes, why on earth would she be looking for signs of molestation? Seriously, people van hide a multitude of sins when they want to.
nut cracker

Trenton, GA

#24 Oct 25, 2012
(to love the websters) they was a boyscout that was pressing charges for the same thing about 10 years ago know that for a fact i never new but was dropped as far as i know. Them making him plead guilty of such a crime as you say (think hard would you) let me know what you really would do. will be waiting to hear from you maybe someone on here will know who you are.
Love the Websters

Trenton, GA

#25 Oct 25, 2012
Yes, I would plead guilty if I had to. This town/County are a bunch of uneducated, redneck, trash who know nothing of the law, but do know how to gossip.

Unlike the people on this board, site, town, and county, I have a college degree, have my own new car, am a manager at my work, and am very smart.

So, make your stupid comments and retorts, but make sure you spell and grammar check your responses, since you all probably dropped out of high school on the 9th grade.
ashley

United States

#27 Oct 25, 2012
Its "in" ninth grade.... Not "on". If you are going to judge someone's grammar, check yours also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Resources 16 hr curious 4
What happened to Laura Eggert? 20 hr boo 18
Speed hump on the incline Fri just saying 2
new hardees manager (Feb '14) Thu really 25
whitwell pharmacy Oct 22 stupid 2
law don't mean Sh*t in whitwell Oct 21 True 33
blonde at save a lot Oct 21 nosey1 1
Whitwell Dating
Find my Match

Whitwell Jobs