can the lady tigers repeat
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#21 Nov 22, 2012
it resumes friday night but jasper doesnt want no part of them
lol

United States

#22 Nov 24, 2012
they look like wnba against a home school team with six girls lol go ahead and fit them for state title rings
Bobby

United States

#23 Nov 27, 2012
Bledsoe tonight who is always tough. York beat them a week ago by 10 pts. This will be the game to find out how good Whitwell is or we might find out how much work is still left to continue to get better. I'm gonna say Whitwell by 4.
my 2 cents

United States

#24 Nov 27, 2012
As the season progresses Whitwell will need there two Freshman guards to gain experience because right now Whitwell does not have a deep bench. They have 6 proven players and need the post Casey to step up and also the two freshman to step up. That would put them 9 deep and allow them to continue to press without getting worn out by the 4th qter.
i know

Tucker, GA

#25 Nov 27, 2012
I watched York drill sequatchie county last year. I was at the game at whitwell on the 21st. The score was close because York wasn't playing good at all. I'll bet if there was a repeat game , York would run them in the ground. Whitwell has a young team with few post potential but will be a stronger team soon. Coach parkers defense (if played correctly) is untouchable. I know I played for him for 4 years.
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#26 Nov 27, 2012
well i guess whitwell proved that they are pretty good tonight beat bledsoe which are most assuredly a real good team we took them by 8 i think everyone played pretty doggone good have improved greatly on foul shots i dont know who led in points but tanika was a little off tonight but not much just used to her making a few threes paige played very well so as kelsey and brooke all played very good on defense haley had some good blocks and rebounds alisha who is always giving it everything was on the floor alot tonight refs could be a topic on their own just saying they were bad would probably be an understatement at the very least bench also done very well proud of all of them play sale creek next see ya their goodnight
whitwell tiger fan

Albemarle, NC

#27 Nov 29, 2012
It's a wrap if noone for Whitwell gets hurt! After watching Whitwell shot 10-28 from the foul line and still beat sale creek by 5. Whitwell is only half way to as good as they can be. I am ready to say Whitwell wins district and Region. They will no doubt host another substate and that is win the fun starts...I see Whitwell going 23-5 at worst regular season.
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#28 Nov 29, 2012
well we won again tonight but they were a very good team we really had to work hard for this one score 62-57 sale creek come up short but i think their coach helped us out because we were not shooting foul shots very well and he waited to late to start fouling to give his girls a chance of winning he waited to last minute and half to start im afraid our foul shot shooting is really going to hurt us somewhere down the road unless they start improving kelsey kilgore was high scorer but everyone that was in or put in off the bench contributed to the score.next game is tomorrow night at five will be boyd girls i hope they will be up for it and not ever be to confident
We Can Not Be Beat

Chattanooga, TN

#29 Nov 30, 2012
Lady Tigers beat Sale Creek last night in what I honestly think has been their worst performance of the year. Way too many missed shots for the Tigers. They like shoot the 3's also and not many of those were falling for them either, but they continued to throw them up. Defense looked fierce, as usual.

I'm confident in saying that if Whitwell can improve their offense a little bit they will make it as far or farther than last season. Coach Z is such a smart coach he can always get the most production out of any situation. Props to coach Z.

Not sure what had the doubters going, but I think Whitwell has already shown enough to prove them wrong.
vol and tiger for like

Jasper, TN

#30 Nov 30, 2012
all the girls got a taste of the court tonight all played ok several with double figures i agree with (we can not be beat) our girls have another hurdle to get over monday night against van burean county but i think z and the girls can handle it just dont want the over confident bug to bite them van burean has a ninth grader that is suppossed to be good didnt really impress me that much when i saw her in the region game last year but that was last year we will find out monday when we take it to the top of the mountain see ya their we need to win this game big time.
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#31 Dec 1, 2012
does anyone know what south pittsburg has not really worried about jasper at all
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#32 Dec 3, 2012
well the time is clicking down we play at 6:00 pm hope everyone is on if we can get over this hump i think we are in good shape.
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#33 Dec 3, 2012
well it came down to who wanted it the most refs were awfull to say the least; nearly beat us with calls but mostly without the calls we should of gotten but in the end the tigers walked off with the win and we deserved it we made foul shots when we really needed them the girls were pretty banged up so we need the break at least we get off till friday when we find out what pitt has to offer to the mix.the game was fast paced them giving us a taste of what we give to other teams they really tested us with 2 minutes left it was anyones game several girls again in double figures rebounding was not that great but giving they were on our backs i guess we did ok but it comes back to the sorry calling of the refs our passing wasnt the greatest also Z still needs a little more work with the girls but all in all i guess they done allright.
My opinion

Mauldin, SC

#34 Dec 3, 2012
District goes like this.

Whitwell 12-0

Van Buren 8-4 (wins tie breaker)

Sale Creek 8-4

Hardy 5-7

Marion 4-8

Lookout Valley 4-8

South Pitt 1-11 (if answers your ? bout South Pitt)
My opinion

Mauldin, SC

#35 Dec 3, 2012
Whitwell beat Van Buren by 2 tonight. Should of been double digits but once again these girls miss 5-10 easy lap ups every game which will cost you a state tournament chance if you miss lay ups and free throws. Oh and they missed about 15 fts against VB shoot I'd guess 40% from the line. These girls need to get serious and realize they have a special chance here to win back to back region and district championships. So they should prolly get their buttd in the gym and practice FTs so they don't lose 8-15 pts a game from the foul line.

I don't see Whitwell losing again until they go to Hilton head for the Christmas tournament when they will face loaded teams from all over. It'll be good for them though.
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#36 Dec 6, 2012
well by tomorrow night by 7:30 or earlier we will know who has won the game at pitt. Last year they didnt have that much but you can never tell you would be surprised by what a year can do to any team but i do agree that what (my opinion) has said it has become a big thing with them on lay ups and free throws but other than that we should be 9 and 1 we will see. goodnight may the tigers sleep tight.
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#37 Dec 8, 2012
well we won by 30 or might of been 40 but still girls are missing layups and rebounding shots right under the goal; free throws are still being missed also. i believe we could of busted the clock on them if the starters had stayed in but all girls played and they should have. crowds are getting bigger while the opponents or getting smaller as i have noticed. grundy got beat by bledsoe so we will see what our girls can dish up for them as i always say dont let them get bug bityou tuesday when we go up on the mountain again .
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#38 Dec 9, 2012
sorry my wife informed me it is at home with grundy instead of on the mountain.
We Can Not Be Beat

Chattanooga, TN

#39 Dec 11, 2012
Home game tonight against Grundy... expecting another win. Hoping for one anyway!
v ol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#40 Dec 11, 2012
well as i know that (we can not be beat) he or she is right i dont think we can be beat either if you had seen the pitt game to me it would have been like a recording tonight against grundy these poor teams i am starting to feel sorry for some of them but we still like dunlap lookout valley; richard hardy and of course we cant forget jasper better known as mchs. we are still missing easy shots under the goal but are improving at least fifty - fifty on free throws im sure that coach Z would agree with me we still need to improve but any coach would say that we will replay cc thursday night on their turf so ill see you then untill that time comes sleep tight my tigers and goodnight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EX's (Jun '16) 3 hr remember 84
james quarles (Dec '11) Sat Karma 22222222 22
Mystery Sat Wonder1 15
Huston Kilgore Sat Haha2 14
Sha'ni atterton. Is she ok? Fri sundrpper 4
save-a-lot new girl (Aug '16) Jul 19 Yup 41
dillon boy trial Jul 16 curious 17

Whitwell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance