can the lady tigers repeat

Posted in the Whitwell Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
VOL FOREVER

Jasper, TN

#1 Nov 14, 2012
i not only believe they can go and win region and district but also go to the state
little cod

Jasper, TN

#2 Nov 14, 2012
i believe the boys could to if had a coach could of even last year
yes

Mooresville, NC

#3 Nov 15, 2012
If coach z can win back to back district and region championships at Whitwell would be amazing. It has never happened. I do believe they will win district and region but prolly lack the skill and size to go any farther then Sub state. Great coaching can only take you soo far. The players play the games.
hmmm

Mooresville, NC

#4 Nov 15, 2012
Phil Jackson couldn't get the boys to the state tournament. Be realistic! Now with a better coach yes they could prolly win district. But that is exactly the point..the boys team is not talented enough to win championships without a good coach. If they were it wouldn't matter who coached them. Anyways enough about the boys! Whitwell basketball gym is being rebuilt by the Lady Tigers
Coach T

Mooresville, NC

#5 Nov 15, 2012
Sale Creek will be favorites in the district with Whitwell having lost four starters. But coach Z will put the girls in the best postion to win the District and Region. Whitwell could play up to four guards at a time, so Whitwell will once again depend on that tough full court defense they play to wear teams down!
South Pitt Fan

Mooresville, NC

#6 Nov 15, 2012
I love watching the Lady Tigers play fast paced tempo is great! I tell you this though. I think they will win district and they have got to win Region so they can host sub-state once again. If they can host a sub state who knows what could happen!

I will say this though back to back District and Region championships. Plus if somehow they shock the state and win sub state. Umm I hate to say it but kiss Coach Z good bye he is going to get hit with so many coaching offers he will not be able to pass them up. Let's see what happens. He has changed Whitwell Girls BBall that is Forsure!
Bill Thompson

Mooresville, NC

#7 Nov 15, 2012
I agree with you Pitt Fan. They should go ahead and name the court after him! Coach Z Court! Haha
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#8 Nov 15, 2012
already off to a good start tonight score 76-whitwell boyd bucs 39
Get for real

Monroe, NC

#9 Nov 15, 2012
They won big tonight because Boyd's girls suck. I'm sorry but The lady Tigers are no where near as good as last years team. They won't be winning much this year. They looked pittful tonight and last Friday.
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#10 Nov 15, 2012
that shows just how stupid you are if you followed them last year you would know that the second team was as good as the starters how do you think they could keep pressure on a team you must be heath thacker because you dont know crap about basketball your just making yourself look stupid am i right or wrong guys those of you that knows basketball which is everyone but you undoubtedly(get real).
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#11 Nov 15, 2012
did the boys win does anyone know
To the Tiger Hater above

Charlotte, NC

#12 Nov 16, 2012
I'm sure last Friday was a scrimage so Whitwell I would guess played everyone..even girls who would never touch the court against a good team. Same with last night against Boyd Coach Z already knew they would win big so he played his whole bench to get game experience! Plus they play 2 games in 2 nights he wasn't gonna play his starters long min.
Whitwell might not be as good as last year but I know they have a talented team again this year. Sale Creek or Whitwell will win this District. Fact!
To the Tiger Hater above

Charlotte, NC

#13 Nov 16, 2012
You are right Vol Fan! This person doesn't follow Whitwell or he would know they are bringing a strong team back. This team will get better and better and could easily be a better pressing team then last season. Whitwell's press is there strength and this person is going off a game where Whitwell didn't press with there starters for 4 straight qters
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#14 Nov 16, 2012
whitwell tigers wins again against chattanooga christan by i think by 5 they were a pretty good team but ladys pull it out by pressing and steals
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#15 Nov 19, 2012
starting wednesday night will play york institute come and watch these ladies and see what you think. for you to see they are the real thing like coke a cola thanksgiving tournament play at six they are really good they say and they will be testedrue if that is true
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#16 Nov 20, 2012
what dont have any takers tonight waiting on jasper i think i have them mad now wanting to get rid of one of their coaches
Pirate Pride

United States

#17 Nov 21, 2012
this district is terrible in boys and girls too
Bobby

United States

#18 Nov 21, 2012
Pirate Pride wrote:
this district is terrible in boys and girls too

Correct it is a weak District and Region but there are weaker districts. Whitwell has dominated this weak district for 4 years now. They have won 38 out of their last 40 district regular season games.(losing only twice 2 Marion a few years back when Marion went to Sub state with Keta.) I would say last season Whitwell was one of the top 12 single A teams in the state. Whitwell was knocked out of substate by the state champion who only beat them by 19 points.
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#19 Nov 21, 2012
now (BOBBY) Glad to see someone else that appreciates them thats what i have been talking about and as far as far as the brown girls i saw them cry so you know they give their all last year just wasnt enough. the tigers are for real of course they are going to lose some games but not many wait and see
vol and tiger for life

Jasper, TN

#20 Nov 21, 2012
well as bad as i hate to say it the girls got beat but by a very good team by about 6 points but some of them played like crap are a better team than that though york has beaten some very good teams in chattanooga but lack of defense was our demise foul shots was also a big part of it also. They made most of theirs and tigers missed nearly all of ours but its just a thansgiving tournament so i hope it is a learning thing for them i have confidence they will rebound cant win them all but was hoping they would.Play again friday monterey is a better team

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
save-a-lot new girl 3 hr sad 20
the 5 year old dillon boy case? (May '15) 16 hr curiously 31
Allen Griffith , pastor? (May '10) Sun imgoingtoheaventoo 5
Petty out and the new candidate is... Aug 27 little man 41
Laura Thompson Aug 27 Good Times 4
Holly Morrison and Steven O'Neil getting divirced Aug 26 bone 23
Clean places up!! Aug 25 Hype 12

Whitwell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance