Masked robbers hit Whittier video gam...

Masked robbers hit Whittier video game store

There are 17 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Nov 4, 2009, titled Masked robbers hit Whittier video game store. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Two masked men robbed a game store Tuesday morning, tied up an employee then fled with $200 and some merchandise.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Are U Kidding

Schaumburg, IL

#1 Nov 4, 2009
LOSERS will have their day, when they meet their maker.
Kris

Whittier, CA

#2 Nov 4, 2009
C'mon! you know they were hispanic's!!!
Angie

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#3 Nov 4, 2009
Kris - you are so stupid that you don't even know that a plural does not call for an apostrophe. You're a pathetic, ignorant hater. Go away. Far away.
Grammar Police

Castro Valley, CA

#4 Nov 4, 2009
Kris wrote:
C'mon! you know they were hispanic's!!!
You've been pulled over by the Grammar Police!

Please step away from the keyboard and keep your hands where I can see them.

Okay buddy, let me see your GED and proof of citizenship.

Well well well... Even though it took you 5 years to graduate from high school, your paperwork appears to be in order. Since I'm in a good mood tonight so I'm going to let you off with a warning - THIS time. The next time I catch you using an apostrophe to pluralize the word hispanic I'm going to confiscate your computer and revoke your GED.

You got that buddy?

Good, now get out of here!

“Always on topic”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#5 Nov 5, 2009
Christmas shopping has started early this year...

“Oops...Did I offend someone?”

Since: Oct 09

Whittier

#6 Nov 5, 2009
Grammar Police wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I'm in a good mood tonight so I'm going to let you off with a warning - THIS time.
The reason why I hate reading through most of the posts on here is for this reason. People are always trying to citicize one another for spelling and grammar but are making mistakes in their own posts. Who cares? This is not a mid term paper. This is only a quick thought that is posted expeditiously. Get over it.

Are you trying to change the world with your grammatical corrections? Go to school to become an educator then.
Striker

United States

#7 Nov 5, 2009
Angie wrote:
Kris - you are so stupid that you don't even know that a plural does not call for an apostrophe. You're a pathetic, ignorant hater. Go away. Far away.
An overreaction to a punctuation error, and obvious attempt to obfuscate the point. Considering the daily proliferation of violent crime i.e.(Murder, shootings, stabbings, purse snatching, car jacking, robberies, beatings) committed by an ever growing number of Hispanic perpetrators, and all you have is a personal attack (name calling) based on the poster's punctuation error...Now that's pathetic, yet typical!

Whittier

#8 Nov 5, 2009
I concur.
MOJADO ALERT

Castro Valley, CA

#9 Nov 5, 2009
Damned Mexicants! Deport 'em!
dixie lady

Altadena, CA

#10 Nov 5, 2009
all that for $200?
dixie lady

Altadena, CA

#11 Nov 5, 2009
Angie wrote:
Come on Angie-"a plural does not call for an apostrophe"? in what world? Of course he did not need an apostrophe, but an apostrophe is used to show possession even when the worl is plural(except in the case of possessive pronouns like "hers", "its", "his").
dixie lady

Altadena, CA

#12 Nov 5, 2009
Not Distracted wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason why I hate reading through most of the posts on here is for this reason. People are always trying to citicize one another for spelling and grammar but are making mistakes in their own posts. Who cares? This is not a mid term paper. This is only a quick thought that is posted expeditiously. Get over it.
Are you trying to change the world with your grammatical corrections? Go to school to become an educator then.
Lighten up. He is having fun. Perhaps he is an educator. I am.
dixie lady

Altadena, CA

#13 Nov 5, 2009
yes, I know I typo'd "word" my keys get sticky with all the Halloween candy I've been eating.

Whittier

#14 Nov 6, 2009
dixie lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Lighten up. He is having fun. Perhaps he is an educator. I am.
My point was mistaken. If he is an educator, great! What I was trying to get across was that forums are no place to correct these types of things. They should just be in fun. If you can understand what someone has written...then it is ok with me. Just My opinion.

BTW...Halloween candy is good but I'm already sick of it. Too much sitting around the house right now. LOL
Grammar Police

Castro Valley, CA

#15 Nov 6, 2009
Not Distracted wrote:
My point was mistaken. If he is an educator, great! What I was trying to get across was that forums are no place to correct these types of things. They should just be in fun. If you can understand what someone has written...then it is ok with me. Just My opinion.
Someone needs to take a chill pill. Did it ever occur to you that my post was, as you say, "just in fun"?

Lighten up, buddy, you'll live longer.

Whittier

#17 Nov 19, 2009
I was having a bad day. Things like that irritate me. I try to read these posts with an open mind and actually read something worth while but it's always clogged up with non related B.S. or racial blaming.

I have taken my Chill pill. Thanks for the reality check. I do realize you were having fun.
dixie lady

Altadena, CA

#18 Nov 20, 2009
It's all good (not really, but I try to believe it)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whittier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two men arrested after pursuit from Buena Park ... 2 hr WereAllNazis 1
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 4 hr El Jiringas 70
Councilwoman Vanessa Delgado Attempted to Extor... 4 hr Rkrlou13 8
Rumor or Truth - The Tuttle wants to be City Ma... 6 hr John Juan 8
Does tuttle turd have a man crush? 6 hr Sheila Ann 1
City Attorney Tafoya said Pacheco tried to stop... 8 hr DF Pacheco Failure 9
Pacheco Headed to San Diego to Waste more city ... 8 hr DF Pacheco Sad 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whittier Mortgages