3 Killed In Single-Car Crash In Whittier

3 Killed In Single-Car Crash In Whittier

There are 1283 comments on the cbs2.com story from Apr 4, 2007, titled 3 Killed In Single-Car Crash In Whittier. In it, cbs2.com reports that:

Three people were killed Tuesday night in a single-car accident in Whittier, authorities said.

The collision occurred about 7 p.m. on Colima Road, north of Mar Vista Street, said Officer Diana Salazar of the Whittier Police Department.

The driver survived and was taken to University of California Irvine Medical Center. She told police she lost control of the car, a Toyota Scion. A man in his early 20s was taken by helicopter to County-USC Medical Center, Salazar said.

Two men and one woman in their early 20s died at the scene in the compact car, she said. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbs2.com.

To Direct to U wont learn

AOL

#902 Sep 27, 2007
These are my comments:
To You would not learn wrote:
There is a crucial person in this besides Xenia: Hector. And there are witness who were overpass by Xenia driving at high speed, and then arrived at the secene immediately after the crash. There are also a couple of very respectable people from the church near the crash place who arrived there almost at the same time. There is plenty of evidence again her. You talk about serving time "graciously" as if it was a soccer game. We all do undertsand and (I particurlaly) applaud the fact that you stand by your friends> When you say that the people that matter most are are parents, siblings and Hector and XEnia, you are forgetting about the three forever young. What? They don't matter anymore because they are dead?. Also, if only those people matter, how come you choose to stand by your friends, but we can not stand by ours?
You replied:
"Firstly, you directed your comment to an innocent person, that merely agreed with me. Oh wait, that is what this forum is all about, judging the innocent without merit (not necessarily directed towards you).
Secondly, no one has forgotten the three that lost their lives. How could we? However, they aren't the ones writing filth on these pages.
Thirdly, you have every right, as does everyone else, to stand by whomever you choose. ":Firstly, you directed your comment to an innocent person, that merely agreed with me. Oh wait, that is what this forum is all about, judging the innocent without merit (not necessarily directed towards you).
Secondly, no one has forgotten the three that lost their lives. How could we? However, they aren't the ones writing filth on these pages.
Thirdly, you have every right, as does everyone else, to stand by whomever you choose. "
My answer Now:
Thank you for "allowing me" my right to stand by what I believe it's correct.It is a right long giving to me before by our Constitution on the very FIRST Ammendment.
Then, whonever I directed my comments to, you felt compelled to response, so that IS what matters.
Lastly, please indicate to me where I wrote any kind of filth.
Thank you
where angels fly

Anaheim, CA

#903 Sep 30, 2007
EVERYONE NEEDS TO SLOW DOWN A BIT. THIS IS GETTING CRAZY. JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL !!!!!!!
jennys cousin

Flagstaff, AZ

#904 Oct 1, 2007
one of my friends had to do interpret a song this is what she wrote:
I can describe my best friend Sasha as if I were describing myself. We were the same obnoxious girl that had the same voice and twin appearances. She was like the sister I never had, and her mother became a second mom to me. Our families grew up together and went through everything imaginable. I know her history and she knows mine, that’s why when she loses something, I feel her loss…
On April 4th, 2007 I got a call from my mom telling me that Sash’s favorite cousin was in a horrific car accident, and passed away. I don’t know why, but I fell into a seat and just started to cry. I knew how much she meant to Sash, and to know that my other family was about to go through something incredibly painful broke me. I could feel Sasha’s heart break in my chest.
I never knew Jenny, But from all the stories I heard from Sash, and how tight our connection was, I felt as if I knew her all along. The song I chose started out as just another song me and my friends would sing in the car, but now it will forever be a memorial to the cousin I never met: Jenny Unzueta.
This song has two sides: one that gives hope and the other that tries to put into words the sadness her family and friends are going through. It takes me back to when Sash would be so excited to tell me the silly things she and her cousins would do and how happy it made her. It is a reminder to live life to the fullest with no inhibitions or regrets, but with only daydreams and love. Most importantly, it is a memorial that “all that she was, all that she ever was, was here in our perfect eyes, they’re all we’ll ever see,” she will always be a beautiful, loving, and the perfect girl that brought light to her family’s eyes. The song also brings a spiritual essence asking for grace and hope and light, to be led out of this situation knowing that everything is ok, and that she is an angel that her family always thought of her as. There is no better way to poetically summarize the sadness of a death than in this song. It says that there are no words anyone can say to express the sadness and shock that came with this event.“Those three words, were said too much, but not enough”, and now her family wishes more than anything to say them to her again, but she will never hear them. This song ends leaving us wondering where to go from here, and if we can.“If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?” Her family lays down with her, forgetting what happened, and finds peace in her presence. When they told me this song was now known as “Jenny’s song,” I was shocked. I never thought of it as a sad song, but just the opposite. Whenever we sung it in the car, it was a love song that we thought was sweet. Now it’s a beautiful reminder and tribute to this young girls life. Snow Patrol’s “Chasing Cars” may eventually fade it time, but as for Jenny, it will always give her life.
Friend

Tustin, CA

#905 Oct 1, 2007
For those attending the trial on Wednesday, please look for the rememberance ribbons created for AJ, Josh, & Jenny. Please support their families during this emotional time by wearing a ribbon! I have hand made each one and hopefully there will be enough to pass around the waiting area prior to entering the court room. Feel free to come up and ask for a ribbon to wear. The colors I have chose are sky blue for AJ, navy blue for Josh, and pink for Jenny. Each ribbon has the colors to represent all three of the kids. Let's not forget who this is really about.

God please bless these families and give them the peace of knowing their children are safe in your hands now!
please pray

Torrance, CA

#906 Oct 1, 2007
THERE IS STRENGTH IN PRAYER !! LET'S ALL PLEASE PRAY TO GIVE "STRENGTH" AND PEACE TO THE FAMILIES OF AJ, JOSH & JENNY.
AS WE APPROACH THE COURT DATE ON THE 3RD AND 6 MONTHS SINCE THESE "FOREVER YOUNG" TEENS LEFT US TO BE WITH THE LORD, KEEP ALL THE FAMILIES AND FRIENDS WHO MISS THESE 3 BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE SO VERY MUCH !

GOD BLESS ALL !
Teresa Yoakum

AOL

#907 Oct 2, 2007
Dear Lord:
I pray to you to give strength to the families of AJ, Josh and Jenny. I pray to you to allow me to think of them in live and not in death. I pray to you to allow me to be humble and patient with others, as YOU are with my husband and I when we wonder why did our path had to cross their path ONLY at the crash scene.I know that part of it was to be there for their families in their time of sorrow. We will forever be.
Lord, please let your Infinite, merciful and immense knowledge guide the Court of Law that will adjourn at the end of the day on October the Third. May You be in every heart on that Court Room.
In the name of Jesus Christ.

May the kids rest in Peace!
Friend

Tustin, CA

#908 Oct 2, 2007
Beautiful Prayer!
Lord please bless them all!
Dear Lord:
I pray to you to give strength to the families of AJ, Josh and Jenny. I pray to you to allow me to think of them in live and not in death. I pray to you to allow me to be humble and patient with others, as YOU are with my husband and I when we wonder why did our path had to cross their path ONLY at the crash scene.I know that part of it was to be there for their families in their time of sorrow. We will forever be.
Lord, please let your Infinite, merciful and immense knowledge guide the Court of Law that will adjourn at the end of the day on October the Third. May You be in every heart on that Court Room.
In the name of Jesus Christ.
May the kids rest in Peace!
to curious

Whittier, CA

#910 Oct 3, 2007
if you are so curious you should have gone and seen for yourself!
Update Article

Lincolnshire, IL

#911 Oct 3, 2007
Curious wrote:
So what happened at the killer's hearing today?
Driver traveling too fast and cut off another before crash, witnesses said
Three teens killed in April 3 collision
By Ruby Gonzales

WHITTIER - Witnesses told police a Whittier woman was driving too fast and cut off another motorist before her car crashed, killing three of her passengers.
Details about the April 3 fatal crash on Colima Road emerged during the Wednesday preliminary hearing of Xenia Guerra, 19, who has been charged with three felony counts of vehicular manslaughter and one misdemeanor count of reckless driving with bodily injury.

Whittier Superior Court Judge Mark Nelson said there was sufficient evidence for the charges. Guerra faces an Oct. 17 arraignment at Norwalk Superior Court.

Whittier Police said that Guerra's reckless driving caused the crash.

Guerra and four friends were in a silver 2006 Toyota Scion that lost control on Colima Road, struck a tree and was cut in half.

Three of the passengers were killed: Joshua David Gutierrez, 19, of Pico Rivera and Whittier residents Albert Joseph Valasquez, 19, and Jennifer Unzueta, 18.

Guerra and the other passenger, Hector Saenz, 18, of Whittier, were injured.

Saenz doesn't recall the crash or someone cutting off his seatbelt. He remembers waking up on a stretcher and being told by a paramedic that he was in an accident and he would be airlifted.

He testified that Guerra was

----------

Advertisement

----------
driving kind of fast and was going back and forth between two lanes. He said he didn't know how fast she was going because he was sitting behind her.
Saenz said he and his friends went out for a drive and were going to a bank.

The Toyota went up the hill on Colima Road. It made a u-turn and headed south.

Saenz said someone in the car said "turn around" but he didn't know who. They had already gone to the bank, he added.

[email protected]
Whittier

Whittier, CA

#912 Oct 3, 2007
WHITTIER - Witnesses told police a Whittier woman was driving too fast and cut off another motorist before her car crashed, killing three of her passengers.
Details about the April 3 fatal crash on Colima Road emerged during the Wednesday preliminary hearing of Xenia Guerra, 19, who has been charged with three felony counts of vehicular manslaughter and one misdemeanor count of reckless driving with bodily injury.
Whittier Superior Court Judge Mark Nelson said there was sufficient evidence for the charges. Guerra faces an Oct. 17 arraignment at Norwalk Superior Court.
Whittier Police said that Guerra's reckless driving caused the crash.
Guerra and four friends were in a silver 2006 Toyota Scion that lost control on Colima Road, struck a tree and was cut in half.
Three of the passengers were killed: Joshua David Gutierrez, 19, of Pico Rivera and Whittier residents Albert Joseph Valasquez, 19, and Jennifer Unzueta, 18.
Guerra and the other passenger, Hector Saenz, 18, of Whittier, were injured.
Saenz doesn't recall the crash or someone cutting off his seatbelt. He remembers waking up on a stretcher and being told by a paramedic that he was in an accident and he would be airlifted.
He testified that Guerra was
driving kind of fast and was going back and forth between two lanes. He said he didn't know how fast she was going because he was sitting behind her.
Saenz said he and his friends went out for a drive and were going to a bank.
The Toyota went up the hill on Colima Road. It made a u-turn and headed south.
Saenz said someone in the car said "turn around" but he didn't know who. They had already gone to the bank, he added.
apersonfromclass of04calhi

La Mirada, CA

#914 Oct 3, 2007
we live life like its are last day on earth and never know what going to happen. That what life all about. SO i think you should let her go or lower bail we are just human. also we learn for are misake. Put your self in her shoes come people have a heart. Puttin her in jail/prison wont make it better, so think about she is just a human like us
wrs

AOL

#915 Oct 3, 2007
apersonfromclassof04calhi wrote:
we live life like its are last day on earth and never know what going to happen. That what life all about. SO i think you should let her go or lower bail we are just human. also we learn for are misake. Put your self in her shoes come people have a heart. Puttin her in jail/prison wont make it better, so think about she is just a human like us
human like us huh, but a human who took three other human lives and NO this is not what life is about, you should be ashamed of yourself, posting a comment like this!!!!
calhiclassof04

Pico Rivera, CA

#916 Oct 3, 2007
wrs wrote:
<quoted text>
human like us huh, but a human who took three other human lives and NO this is not what life is about, you should be ashamed of yourself, posting a comment like this!!!!
yea but she did not mean to kill them it was an accident and its not like she said im going to kill my friends today cause i hate them she did not mean it it was and accident dont we learn for them come man we all loss a love one at one point in life and i didnt not mean it like that i feel for the people who lose a friend, brother, sister son its a sad story
To Curious

United States

#917 Oct 4, 2007
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Mrs. Guerra, some of us are too busy taking children to school and working full time jobs and can't be in two places at once. If I could have been there I would have. If I can be at the arrainment on October 17th in Norwalk, I most certainly WILL be - to support Josh, Jenny, AJ and Hector.
Thank you to the two individuals who posted the update from the Whittier Daily News.
Stupid, just no other word to describe you. Mrs. Guerra?, what an idiot you are. If you had been in the courtroom yesterday you would know this is the last place Mrs. Guerra is hanging out! Oct 17th is a weekday, you'll be too busy with your kids, the courtroom isn't on your path to their schools. Get a clue, busy body loser!
To Curious

United States

#918 Oct 4, 2007
Guard Your Mouth

Today's Scripture

“He who guards his mouth keeps his life, but he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin”(Proverbs 13:3 AMP).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

We’ve all said things we wish we could take back. Maybe you weren’t literally in a life or death situation, but I believe every word we speak has power. Our words determine the direction of our lives. The Bible tells us that life and death are in the power of the tongue. There’s no neutral ground. We are either sowing seeds of life and productivity with our words, or we are sowing seeds of ruin and destruction with our words. Today is a good day to take inventory of your words and make the decision to sow only good seeds with your words. Sow seeds of life by speaking God’s Word over your own life and the lives of those around you. Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you to consider every word before you say it. Make the decision today that your words will bring glory to Lord. As you guard your mouth, you will “keep” your life. You’ll see increase in every area and enjoy the blessing the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

Heavenly Father, I submit this day to You. I give You my every thought, word and action. Help me, Holy Spirit, to live a life pleasing to the Father in every way. Help me speak words of blessing to edify those around me today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

To CaHiClassof04

United States

#919 Oct 4, 2007
calhiclassof04 wrote:
<quoted text>
yea but she did not mean to kill them it was an accident and its not like she said im going to kill my friends today cause i hate them she did not mean it it was and accident dont we learn for them come man we all loss a love one at one point in life and i didnt not mean it like that i feel for the people who lose a friend, brother, sister son its a sad story
Your gentle kind forgiving spirit will get you further in life than these non-forgiving hypocritical idiots on this website. Dont ever be ashamed of yourself for being the kind loving person you obviously are. They should be ashamed of themselves for being so non-forgiving and harsh. May God Bless and keep you loving always. I will pray for these non-forgiving lost souls out here.
wrs

AOL

#920 Oct 4, 2007
calhiclassof04 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and we all make "mistakes" that we need or should or have been held accountable just like it is happening to her, why should anybody be exempt from paying the consequences for making "mistakes". You should really look at your choice of words when you post on here, this is not a "sad story" this was a tragic accident.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#921 Oct 4, 2007
calhiclassof04 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should take some grammar lessons before you try to communicate your idiotic opinion.
friend of AJ

Sherman Oaks, CA

#922 Oct 4, 2007
I barely found this site today and i was so shocked at what this has turned into. This isn't about bashing the people who comment on here...at least it shouldn't be! I started to read and at first i was crying, reading some of the comments from the family and friends, because i knew AJ since we were freshmen in high school. before going to Cal Hi he went to St John Bosco, and he was in my quinceanera. I can still remember the night of the accident, getting the call, learning that one of my friends had passed away. What made this even harder was the fact that I was still grieving at the loss of my best friend, who was also in my quinceanera, and a friend of AJ. She had been killed in a car accident as well..when she was driving with her boyfriend, who did survive. I remember AJ calling me when this happened(late February), telling me he was there for me if i needed anything. I never imagined that i would be saying goodbye to him about a month later. It just hurts to know that some forget what this is really about. And i KNOW what it's like to be angry, because i had to deal with the same kind of anger with my best friend, because her boyfrien d was also found to be speeding. And it's so easy to blame, because we can't figure out why, or how else this could happen. It really is sad, and we really don't know what to do. It's easy to blame, and its easy for others to say we shouldn't blame. But only they know what happened. All we can do is pray for the famalies, and all those who have lost. My heart goes out to all of you.
What I think

AOL

#923 Oct 4, 2007
I think that the word "accident" should be revisit here.I totally agree that she did not mean to harm her friends. However, she did mean to drive reckless. She had done it before. She did mean to speed really bad. Did you read that court report that came out today? 150 yards skid mark! 50 miles mph when she hi the tree. C'mom...this was no accident!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whittier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 34,164
Something's up on City Council 3 hr Clean house of cr... 8
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 3 hr Davis 9,722
Hadjinian getting paid to push Pot businesses i... 3 hr Jack new title Po... 1
News Anaheim struggles with growing homeless crisis ... 4 hr Voice of Reason 2
News An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) Sep 14 Fly yung red 222
News Catch-22 untangled?: Whittier historic building... Sep 12 Eerick 1

Whittier Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whittier Mortgages