Woman dies in freeway collision invol...

Woman dies in freeway collision involving off-duty Lennox deputies

There are 99 comments on the Daily Breeze story from May 3, 2010, titled Woman dies in freeway collision involving off-duty Lennox deputies. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

A woman died today in a collision on the northbound San Diego Freeway involving two off-duty sheriff's deputies, who were injured along with two other people, the California Highway Patrol reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

LBC

Rosemead, CA

#77 May 5, 2010
Amen to bubbles. I happen to be great friends with Lisa Hylla and I found that comment to be VERY disrespectful. Who says that? Who wants to read CRAP like that when they just hear that one of their best friends dies and is trying to find out what happend. Point blank she didn't kill herself. She got into an accident... She was a live and the cops killed her. It's all a cover up. RIP my beautiful Lisa. I pray for the family who I love so much. My friend is dead. She had to pay the ultimate price at 25. I love u LISA!!!!!!
Vanessa wrote:
<quoted text>
ignorant! Normal people would say something to the effect of "Rest in peace" or my heart goes out to this young ladies loved ones... Etc. But noooooooooo you talk about what picture is on her facebook, etc! How disgusting of you! I pray nothing like this ever happens to you or any of your loved ones!!
To the entire Hylla Family & Friends my deepest condolences go out to you. I was on my way to work when I saw what happened. I turned on the radio to find out what was going on. It hit home because I'm 29 and couldn't imagine what you must be dealing with right now. I am so sorry for your loss again! Words could not tell you how sorry I am.
LBC

Rosemead, CA

#78 May 5, 2010
Oops I meant to say AMEN to the person that stood up for my friend Lisa when bubbles was commenting about her FB.
LBC wrote:
. I happen to be great friends with Lisa Hylla and I found that comment to be VERY disrespectful. Who says that? Who wants to read CRAP like that when they just hear that one of their best friends dies and is trying to find out what happend. Point blank she didn't kill herself. She got into an accident... She was a live and the cops killed her. It's all a cover up. RIP my beautiful Lisa. I pray for the family who I love so much. My friend is dead. She had to pay the ultimate price at 25. I love u LISA!!!!!!
<quoted text>
Stefanie

Northridge, CA

#79 May 6, 2010
Bubbles wrote:
We are out at 2:30am because?
I googled Lisa Hylla's name and found her facebook account, holding a drink in her picture. A real party girl I must say. Let's hope she wasn't drunk when she hit the truck.
How dare you judge someone on a facebook photo? Who do you think you are?

Lisa was a wonderful person who loved everyone. How could you be so insensitive to the people who are deeply affected by this?
Lisas friend

United States

#80 May 7, 2010
Bubbles We are out at 2:30am because?
I googled Lisa Hylla's name and found her facebook account, holding a drink in her picture. A real party girl I must say. Let's hope she wasn't drunk when she hit the truck.
Who are you bubbles?
Lisa was one of the nicest people who loved life~ she was open and honest. Loving and loyal. She wouldn't hurt anybody! It never stated that she hit the truck...So, was the CHP that hit and killed her, DRUNK?
Maybe bubbles, you should watch what you say! Just because there is a picture of her with a drink in her hand on facebook, doesn't indicate anything. maybe you should enjoy life and realize that its not just black and white!
There are a lot of people that are devistated and morning the loss of an amazing person....who i guarantee would not judge or post such an insencere, nasty this as you did! there should be more people like her, maybe you should re-evaluate yourself and the way you live your life....it is way too short.
RIP LISA...(we miss and love you!(poor one out for the homie, as we will be celebrating your life, today)
MBN

North Hills, CA

#81 May 7, 2010
BeeVee wrote:
Lisa lists "partying with friends" as one of her interests on her Facebook page.
What does it matter? Wouldn't you like to go out with be with your friends? In the end, it the CHP officer hadn't struck her, she would have been alive. So don't blame it on drinking or partying.
a friend

Los Angeles, CA

#82 May 7, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the most negative and sour attitude, my guess is you'd have cheered the hanging of the witches at Salem had you lived then.
Maybe she was out at that hour due to work, family emergency or just the joy of being able to be out.
You're right she had a enormous amount of friends & a loving family who will miss her beyond measure. She was a person a great character and a shining light that was dimmed much too soon.
a friend

Los Angeles, CA

#83 May 7, 2010
Bubbles wrote:
Why are you talking about someone you did not even know. I knew her. She was a very special person who was loved by all and will be missed by her family. Her death leaves a void in many lives. May she rest in peace and watch over us now.
a friend

Los Angeles, CA

#84 May 7, 2010
wow 2010 wrote:
Hopefully, the investigators can get to the bottom of what really occurred here.My condolences goes out to the family and friends of this woman. Rip.
Amen, look at the pictures they tell the story better than words. A beautiful person cut down in the blossom of life. Rest in Peace Lisa.
Rick

Broomfield, CO

#85 May 7, 2010
I knew her. She was a very wonderful person. Nice, always smiling. I deliver to where she worked. I understand she like fly fishing with her father. I don't know what the circumstances where that caused her death, but please show some respect. Thanks.
a friend

Los Angeles, CA

#86 May 7, 2010
Sal wrote:
I dont think the County Toyota Prius they were driving had emergency lights on it, and I doubt it was speeding.
Get your facts straight the sheriff's Ford Crown Victoria is pictured plowed through her Toyota Scion & a beautiful girl is lost to us forever.
Kandis

Visalia, CA

#87 May 8, 2010
I just read thru all 70 comments.. I'm so crushed by my cousins death.. I live 3 hours away from her and didn't get to see her that much in fact I saw her 2 years ago at my grandfathers funeral.. That's the last time I got a picture with her.. And the way I feel
Kandis

Visalia, CA

#88 May 8, 2010
My stomach turns when I think of the way she past.. I can't sleep because all I can think about is how she past.. I can only imagine what her close friends and family are going thru. I love you Lisa, you are forever in my heart your viewing was today and I'm sorry I couldn't be there but my dad and Jess
Kandis

Visalia, CA

#89 May 8, 2010
and grant are there now giving our love to you. Rest in peace my dear cousin Lisa you were so beautiful and funny!! watch over us all!!
boboo

Rancho Mirage, CA

#90 May 8, 2010
Bubbles wrote:
Bubbles : First off were you ever 25 years old . Did you ever hang out with friends ? Just because you have a drink in your hand means nothing . I knew Lisa she was a beautiful person inside & out .I can see by you comments that you are not. You probabbly did not have alot of friends like Lisa 150+ & with a name like bubbles
your probably bigger than the house & Lisa would accept everyone the way they were. The bottom line here is dont judge by her pictures , why were the cops driving so fast . Lisa impacted so many people in their lives & I'm one of them , You are unfortunate that you never knew her , & a family has lost a daughter & a sister. LISA WAS AT THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME!!!!!!!
boboo

Rancho Mirage, CA

#91 May 8, 2010
REST IN PEACE YOU BEAUTIFUL ANGEL.
Please watch over your family & all those you loved & those who loved you . You will be so missed by so many. RIP
Love you , R
boboo

Rancho Mirage, CA

#92 May 8, 2010
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
They are Los Angeles County Deputies which makes all of LA county their jurisdiction. Since they didnt cause the accident, why does it even matter?
They freakin hit her , she did not hit them . so it does matter
she would still be alive. Take a look at the police car inside her car .
boboo

Rancho Mirage, CA

#93 May 8, 2010
Lisas nieghbor wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you need to stop judging her because of one photo! You didn't know her, and you are hurting her family and friends with such insensitive and ignorant comments.
I seriously wonder have some of you were ever young , good looking , out going & funny. Just because a girl has a drink in her hands means jack sh-t. Just because she is around alot of people means she is a social person. I'm 45 I was alot like Lisa at her age . Just because someone likes to party & have a good time nobaody deserve to die the way she did .Lisa was at the wrong place at the wrong time

Since: May 10

Yorba Linda, CA

#94 May 8, 2010
Damn that sucks! I drive by there all the time around 3am to go to work. This makes me feel very sad, and my gf drives the same kind of car she did so it kinda gets to me. It also makes me feel very lucky, because back in December 09 I got struck by another vehicle on my way to work on Reseda Blvd around 3am on my motorcycle, and I was badly injured . My condolences, and prayers go out to her family, and friends.
Fk bubbles

Lakewood, CA

#95 May 8, 2010
Lisas nieghbor wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you need to stop judging her because of one photo! You didn't know her, and you are hurting her family and friends with such insensitive and ignorant comments.
I cant understand people at times. I swear I would love to give them a tease of their own medicine. Why do people care so much about her having a drink in her hand. BACK OFF people. seriously they act like they never drank before nor have a picture of them drinking. PLEASE do me a favor BOB and BUBBLES STOP assuming and making an ass out of ur selves. your just ignorant. I dont care how harsh i sound or how ever you take it. understand this PEOPLE like you dont have respect for the dead nor the respect for the family and friends that have lost a great person. She was an amazing person. Warm hearted and bubbly spirit. So to those out there that dont care in saying anything good about her or anyone for that matter of fact then SHUT UP! I believe that nothing like that has happen to you or your family/friends, which makes sense but dont harass those that you dont know. your becoming a worse nightmare for all of us. so im saying this in a nice way BACK OFF and leave us to grieve.
Wondering

San Leandro, CA

#97 May 8, 2010
BeeVee wrote:
Lisa lists "partying with friends" as one of her interests on her Facebook page.
Gee, so someone likes to party with friends equals, I like to drive drunk! When I used to drink and party with my friends, we had a basket that we all deposited our keys in and we had one person who was NOT drinking. They were the key keeper. IF someone HAD to go home, they would take them home. 99% of the time we all planned to stay in place and sleep it off until the morning, regardless how much or little we drank.
So just because someone drinks does not make them an automatic drunk driver candidate!
The jury is not out yet so stop passing judgment!
In the meantime, my condolences to all that are affected directly by this tragedy. Everyone is suffering on some level.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whittier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baldwin Park City Manager Finished 22 min City hall insider 5
News Some say it's time California had statewide rul... 1 hr Le Jimbo 1
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 1 hr CWLXS 2,756
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 4 hr LM Mom 6,654
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr Trojan 32,307
News Gang members arrested in Rosemead motel double ... (Apr '09) Jul 20 THE GREEK GOD 167
News Club hopping: The Crazy Horse (Jul '08) Jul 18 awww so sorry 164

Whittier Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whittier Mortgages