Sinking mud filled graves at Rose Hil...

Sinking mud filled graves at Rose Hills Memorial Park

Posted in the Whittier Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just the facts

Brea, CA

#2 Jul 26, 2007
RHR wrote:
I feel sorry for the families that are dealing with this. When a grave sinks it's usually because the unprotected casket (no vault)has collapsed. I don't understand where all this mud is coming from, these graves are in a flat area and it is summer. Mud puddles don't just appear for no reason in the summer! A couple of years ago Rose Hills had to move a bunch of caskets from a hill due to mud. Now there's more mud! Sounds like a broken water pipe.
Give me a break. Unprotected casket? No vault? What is this, the 1800's? All caskets *MUST* be placed in a concrete vault. And you don't understand where the mud comes from? Flat area? Summer? No cemetary I've ever been to is perfectly flat - including Rose Hills. By the way, have you ever heard of SPRINKLERS? How else do you suppose the grass is kept green? Summer = MORE WATER. Water makes puddles. Puddles make mud. This is not rocket science. Wake up and smell the damp grass.
Just the facts

Beaverton, OR

#4 Jul 31, 2007
Listen douchebag, I know exactly what part of Rose Hills is having this problem. I'm all too familiar with it. And NO, the graves are NOT from 1915. The only one here with a mush-filled brain is you. How retarded must you be to NOT understand that NO grassy area is perfectly flat? It is physically and logistically IMPOSSIBLE to have a PERFECTLY FLAT grass field. Please, get that through your mush-filled head. To prove my point, GENIUS, turn a hose on ANY surface you THINK may be flat. After a while, you'll see where water puddles and where water runs off. Look at your patio in your back yard. Look at your driveway. Sure, they all LOOK flat, but in reality they are NOT. I don't care how much time and effort you put into grading a dirt lot, it will never be perfectly flat. Water puddles. Ground settles. Deal with it, Einstein and get on with your life.
You are a loser

San Marino, CA

#5 Aug 1, 2007
Go back to bed, "Just the facts." You are an idiot!
Dick Jones

Brea, CA

#6 Aug 1, 2007
Who is the loser? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones. Just the facts seems to be the only one here making any sense.
You are a loser

San Marino, CA

#8 Aug 2, 2007
Dick Jones wrote:
Who is the loser? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones. Just the facts seems to be the only one here making any sense.
Don't be a dick, Dick! You're an even bigger moron than "Just the facts." You're not really this ignorant, are you? I hope you didn't breed!
Common sense

Lubbock, TX

#9 Aug 2, 2007
RHR wrote:
"Just the Facts" is blowing smoke out of his ass! I never said the graves were from 1915, read it again! I never said the land was "perfectly flat", that was YOU! You sure know how to get off the point, which is, THE GRAVES ARE SINKING AND FULL OF MUD!!! Once again "Just the Facts" proves their brain is over-flowing with MUSH!
If the graves in question do have vaults, tell me please, why are they sinking? As I said, I'd hate to be a family member knowing my loved one was crushed flat in mud.
Okay smartass. Let's play in your demented sandbox for about 30 seconds. Let's pretend there are NO vaults. Were the caskets filled with water? The answer to that question is an obvious NO. So, riddle me this genius: If the caskets weren't filled with water, where did the water come from? Anyone with half an ounce of common sense KNOWS the caskets are in vaults. The question remains, where did the water come from? The very simple and logical answer - SPRINKLERS! A puddle of water on a grassy lawn will create MUD.

By the way, your beloved relative is not being crushed by mud. The dust that was once your relative is in a sealed casket that is being protected by a concrete vault. Do your homework before you start talking about something you know nothing about.
Common sense

United States

#11 Aug 2, 2007
HRH wrote:
"Common Sense", you're an idiot! A grave doesn't sink if the casket is in a vault! If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that there is no protection in a sealed casket, that was just a marketing gimmick used to sell sealer caskets, check it out with the FTC. Also, if you knew anything about decomposition you would know that we don't turn to dust....we end up as BONES!
Man, you got issues... Dust, bones who gives a rat's ass! And for someone who keeps talking smack about doing homework, you should do some yourself! The graves, vaults, caskets (whatever you'd like to call them) are NOT sinking! The grave markers (or headstones) are what's sinking. So, why don't you do us all a favor and resolve your issues with Rose Hills instead of wasting everyone's time here. Get a life. You are serving no useful purpose here. I, for one, will waste no more of my time arguing with an idiot.
Common sense

United States

#13 Aug 2, 2007
I live in Whittier, you jackass. Why don't you meet me at Rose Hills so I can shove a grapefruit up your ass. Of course, you'd have to pull your head out of it first. Go away, I'm done with you.
blah

Whittier, CA

#15 Aug 3, 2007
seriously, don't you have anything better to argue about?!?!
Observer

San Marino, CA

#16 Aug 3, 2007
This is what happens when immature, ill-informed people have Internet access.
kat

San Marino, CA

#17 Aug 3, 2007
sounds like we have some people here that are having a bad day....why are you guys getting your panties in a knott.
HRH needs help

Brea, CA

#18 Aug 3, 2007
HRH wrote:
So, you like to shove things up peoples asses. Maybe you'd like to use your tounge. What a pervert!

Whoa, and this guy is calling someone a pervert? Seems to me like this guy HRH or RHR or whatever he's calling himself today has got some issues he's repressing. Maybe some anger management class would be in order...
That explains everything

Brea, CA

#20 Aug 3, 2007
HRH-RHR wrote:
Did I ever say I was a GUY? I think not!!!
That's no surprise. A guy would have had some common sense.

I suggest you step outside and get some fresh air. Sounds like you need it.

Must be pretty lonely living alone and being cooped up in that tiny apartment with no one but your three cats to talk to.
TLG

Whittier, CA

#22 Sep 3, 2007
I'm not a regular internet user but having just buried a loved one at Rose Hills I came across this forum and thought I'd take a look. It started out ok but oh boy it quickly degenerated into a school yard squabble.The original subject matter is forgotten. If you have a problem with a "sinking" grave or marker of a loved one, go throught the proper channels, don't whine,bitch,complain to (and call them names) that can't do anything about it.
TLG

Whittier, CA

#23 Sep 3, 2007
I'm not a regular internet user (I have a life), but having just buried a loved one at Rose Hills I across this forum and thought I'd take a look. It started out ok but oh boy it quickly degenerated into a school yard squabble, the original subject forgotten. If you have a problem with a "sinking" grave or marker go through proper channels don't whine,bitch or complain to people (& call them names) that can't do anything about it.
Are you serious

Glendale, CA

#24 Sep 6, 2007
One person says "Wow, I feel bad for the families that had to deal with this" and that somehow sparks a huge fight over what - mud!? I sincerely hope I'm never this ignorant when I'm an "adult".
Sandy

Glendale, CA

#25 Dec 4, 2007
It is amazing that your vision is so clear from Florida. I am another person who has seen the sinking graves at Rose Hills, My father's for one. First of all it is not state required that a casket be placed in a vault. These vaults are broken all the time due to the graves being so close together. In 1952 the cemetery dug 5 half-mile long channels to divert storm runoff and 3 meandering streams into the San Gabriel River. In 1980 when Rose Hills was sold the new owners no longer maintained these ditches. The ditches and drain lines are clogged which has sent flooding water everywhere including into neighborhood residences homes. The graves are indeed sinking according to Rose Hills spokes person Sandra Stenberg who acknowleged sinking graves, slidding graves and sinking headstones. Due to the slipping of graves and sinking Rose Hills disintered 3,000 graves. I do my homework, I spoke to Rose Hills who does not deny the problem with sinking graves they only deny moving the bodies without proper notification. Therefore it is not sprinkler systems, it is clogged drains, trapped debris and negligence. Let's not for get Rose Hills used to be a landfill.
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay smartass. Let's play in your demented sandbox for about 30 seconds. Let's pretend there are NO vaults. Were the caskets filled with water? The answer to that question is an obvious NO. So, riddle me this genius: If the caskets weren't filled with water, where did the water come from? Anyone with half an ounce of common sense KNOWS the caskets are in vaults. The question remains, where did the water come from? The very simple and logical answer - SPRINKLERS! A puddle of water on a grassy lawn will create MUD.
By the way, your beloved relative is not being crushed by mud. The dust that was once your relative is in a sealed casket that is being protected by a concrete vault. Do your homework before you start talking about something you know nothing about.
Betty

Alhambra, CA

#26 Dec 4, 2007
My dad is there two. I posted once before. I can't believe to tell you the Hell our family has been put through. We can not get an honest answer from anyone at Rose Hills. My dad has either been moved without us being informed or lost or something. They told us they will move him but we will have to pay for their negligence and then when we told them about a lawsuit we found out about they said they'll do it at no charge but then they say they can't guarantee what condition his casket, vault or his body may be in for that fact. They told us he was buried in a wooden casket when we had purchased a bronze casket. They have no clue where my father is and are trying to cover it up. There are 5 of us children who have been in tears over all this since 1998.
Betty

Alhambra, CA

#27 Dec 4, 2007
I'm sorry for the typos. I guess you can tell I'm still very distressed.
advance planner

AOL

#29 Dec 20, 2007
I am so sorry for the families affected by this and hope the issues will be resolved. And by the way, I do not work for Rose Hills and would like to know the reason you all chose them over their competitors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whittier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 52 min Exactly pharts 33,194
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr LMFC 8,856
Murderer out and about (Dec '16) 12 hr heartbroken10302011 6
missing armo kid 18 hr Kinder and Gentle... 14
more recall signs Sun secret Asian man 5
News Driver in Uptown Whittier ploughs into three pa... Jun 24 Trish Delish 1
News An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) Jun 24 Niggler 207

Whittier Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whittier Mortgages