Alaskans Unite - Boycott Whittier

Posted in the Whittier Forum

AKPIRG

Anchorage, AK

#1 Jun 29, 2006
Alaskans should respect fellow Alaskans. The residents of Whittier, Alaska have choosen to not honor or respect their fellow Alaskans and appreciate the thousands of dollars we spend and contribute to Whittier's economy each and every year just to gain access to Prince William Sound and it's resources. The thought process of Whittier's residents seems to be - We don't give a shit who you are, if you want to access PWS through our town ? you will have to pay us a lot of money and tolerate our asshole attitudes. Alaskan or Tourist we don't care, give us your money ! Now get the hell out of our town ! Don't like our attitude's ? To bad, go some where else ! We don't need your business.

Well fellow alaskans, that is exactly what I am going to do from now till hell freeze's over - I will take my money and do business some where else. Fuck Whittier !

Alaskans unite together - BOYCOTT WHITTIER, ALASKA
JamesAK01

Juneau, AK

#2 Jun 29, 2007
The languange seems a little over the top, Dude!

What did they do, serve you a cold latte?

I've gotten nothing but very courtious service in Whittier. Maybe the bad attitude is just a reflection of your own?

Just a thought!

JamesAK01
AKPIRG wrote:
Alaskans should respect fellow Alaskans. The residents of Whittier, Alaska have choosen to not honor or respect their fellow Alaskans and appreciate the thousands of dollars we spend and contribute to Whittier's economy each and every year just to gain access to Prince William Sound and it's resources. The thought process of Whittier's residents seems to be - We don't give a shit who you are, if you want to access PWS through our town ? you will have to pay us a lot of money and tolerate our asshole attitudes. Alaskan or Tourist we don't care, give us your money ! Now get the hell out of our town ! Don't like our attitude's ? To bad, go some where else ! We don't need your business.
Well fellow alaskans, that is exactly what I am going to do from now till hell freeze's over - I will take my money and do business some where else. Fuck Whittier !
Tari

United States

#3 Nov 1, 2007
I was born in AK and lived there for some years.
Unfortunately, I now live in CT - east coast-USA.
I have been to Whittier, AK and I am really surprised the attitude that ONE person may have.
I felt like I was reading something that came from the east coast. My husband and I were going to move back to AK, unfortunately, he passed on due to complications of Diabetes - only 47 on New Year's Eve. Life is too short to act so materialistic. I will move back to AK one day and hopefully, I did not change much. I miss AK, and there are more important things in life.....Think about it.....
AKLover

La Crosse, WI

#4 Nov 12, 2007
I'm planning on relocating to AK from the lower 48. With any luck, you'll be gone by the time I get there! Take a pill, hothead.
whittier resident

Whittier, AK

#5 Dec 14, 2007
I am in the tourist business here in Whittier. And we are a small town, not a big city, and we have two hotels, we also have two bed and breakfast businesses. And most of the locals here look forward to the tourist season, and we love the toursist. We have a camp ground and a rv park. Yes we also have laws that need to be obeyed..otherwise the cops will get you. Whittier is rural Alaska, maybe you should consider moving to California where you will have all the conveniences you seem too require. And believe me I deal with hundreds of very happy visitors every summer. Many who return year after year just to escape from hothead,fowl mouthed whiners like you.

Stella Acevedo

Lake Hughes, CA

#6 Jan 23, 2008
I visited my father some years ago who lives in Whittier, AK. Once I arrived into Whittier with my family, everyone we passed waved hello to my father and me. My dad seemed to know everyone and everyone seemed to know my dad. I could not believe the home town feeling I got when visiting Whittier. The peacefulness of the city and its views were awe inspiring. Not one person ever made me or my family feel like an outsider. I'm from California, and let me tell you people, Whittier Alaska is one of the nicest place with the nicest people I've ever experienced. I can't wait to go back and see my dad. My dad was born and raised in California as well, but he says he never wants to leave Whittier, AK....and I now know why!
TMC

Christiansburg, VA

#7 Feb 16, 2008
I lived in Whittier in from Feb,1958 to Nov, 1960, and even tho the army is gone I like to believe it is still a small town. I hope to visit there soon and more than happy to know that I won't have to deal with idiots like you. Thank you for not being there for those who do enjoy it. I bet the locals appreitiate also.
50 YEAR ALASKAN

Juneau, AK

#8 May 26, 2008
Homesteader, musher, miner and I bought a condo in Whittier to experience the water, boats,and small town. I go there often and found the place quite peaceful,the people more than friendly, the businesses accomodating, and the general atmosphere perfect for my retirement years. The winter sun is lacking, but 8 months a year it is more than just pleasant.
The writer professing to represent AKPIRG, meant to put AKBCC, Alaska Bush Company Customers, instead. We used to give these people "blue tickets" back to Seattle, where their ilk could be better appreciated. Bye !
whittier tourist

Jenera, OH

#9 Aug 16, 2008
AKPIRG wrote:
Visited Whittier about 2 weeks ago and absolutely loved it! Restaurant and locals were all very friendly and I had the best salmon and cole slaw ever. Would love to go back.
Feather River Dave

Penn Valley, CA

#10 May 27, 2010
I live in California. I have lived in Alaska and would like to come back. I was there for five great years. Loved it.

Now it has been suggested that maybe those who do not liek Alaska, move to California. I do not recommend it.Prisons are are our largest industry these days.Taxes are off t he wall and crime is bad.Industry is leaving the state and services are being cut. recommend you stay in Alaska.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whittier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Way bett er than christian mingle and free!! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Rex Colucci 1
How much is too much snow built up on a roof? (Jan '13) Jan '13 builders inc 1
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Whittier, AK (Aug '11) Aug '11 Paul 1
I love Whittier (Sep '10) Sep '10 Paulette Warren 1
Whittier Alaska Sucks (Jun '06) Jun '09 Ak local 2
Door malfunction causes closure of Whittier tun... (Jan '09) Jan '09 mymymy 3
Whittier Dating
Find my Match

Whittier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE