Vietnam War Veteran Receives Medals f...

Vietnam War Veteran Receives Medals for Service

There are 7 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Aug 21, 2010, titled Vietnam War Veteran Receives Medals for Service. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A Vietnam War veteran finally got the awards he should have received decades ago and it was all a surprise to him on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

Since: Dec 09

Kernersville, NC

#1 Aug 22, 2010
This is wonderful.
Just a couple of questions...Which medals? And how long has Coble been a Senator? I'm sure Sens Hagen and Burr are surprised at this turn of events!!
Sloppy, sloppy reporting!! Shame on you WGHP!!
1stCav

East Greenwich, RI

#2 Aug 22, 2010
Glad to see Tony Patterson was honored in which he should be but in R.I. it was not an honor which the R.I. Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association was bestowing on a Vietnam combat veteran who was denied membership when he was 100% qualified to join this association. The state rep and National CVMA Pres. who led the assault on this Vietnam combat vet's membership never seen combat but wear a billboard type patch on their back claiming they did. I personally think the Combat Infantryman Badge which the Vietnam vet earned had somthing to do with the denial of membership by the R.I. CVMA state rep. and the Narl. CVMA Pres. Somethings never change and non combatants judging combatants is one of them. Plus the fact of stealing valor from real combat vets is not right. A much deserved salute to Tony Patterson and welcome home brother. Glad to see some people are honoring the Nam vet and giving them the recognition they deserve.
opec

Pinnacle, NC

#3 Aug 22, 2010
Very good! And it's about time. I often wonder why it takes so long for this; what is the excuse?
farmer

Winston Salem, NC

#4 Aug 23, 2010
opec your right why so long?? As a Vietnam Vet we have always been on the outside-- nothing has ever been done for that large groups of men and women that served their country. When we came home we were never met with anyone other than family. Now as we get older try to get something thur the Vet. Admin. office, you would think that we were the Vietcong. Our elected officals are a disgrace to our Vets( all wars and conflict) I'm proud that I served my country even though my country isn't proud of its Vets.
opec

Lowgap, NC

#5 Aug 23, 2010
farmer wrote:
opec your right why so long?? As a Vietnam Vet we have always been on the outside-- nothing has ever been done for that large groups of men and women that served their country. When we came home we were never met with anyone other than family. Now as we get older try to get something thur the Vet. Admin. office, you would think that we were the Vietcong. Our elected officals are a disgrace to our Vets( all wars and conflict) I'm proud that I served my country even though my country isn't proud of its Vets.
"...country isn't proud of it's Vets." I guess I'm not part of this country then, because I'm proud as h3ll of you guys. And by the way, I can't thank y'all enough.

I am part of this country, just not the buttock head part. ;-)
Cobba

North Melbourne, Australia

#6 Nov 12, 2012
On ya Patto pat daddy boy
Cobba

North Melbourne, Australia

#7 Nov 12, 2012
See you up north slug

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitsett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving from CA to NC, will I like it? (Oct '08) Sun Donna 25
Review: Asian Academy Of Tae KWON Do (Jun '08) Aug 16 booboo2 9
News Author seeks photos of African-Americans Aug 13 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Program Helps Unemployed Dads Pay Child Support (Oct '10) Aug 8 designerdad87 69
Review: Portrait By Wendy (Jul '12) Jul '12 TAS 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Whitsett, NC (Jan '12) Jan '12 Haelae 2
Debate: Civil Unions - Whitsett, NC (Jan '12) Jan '12 Marilyn 1

Whitsett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitsett Mortgages