Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#35093 Feb 6, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't understand how it's affordable. I feel sorry for those who can only be seen once a month for health care in a hospital. If someone had heart surgery the first week in a month and had to be seen three weeks later in the same month, Medicare will not pay for it. You could be seen, but you will also have a big bill. This is how I understood it. This is my two cents worth.
Spoon, there's a lot and I may be speaking out of school that ALL of us don't understand about Obamacare. In the words of Nancy Pelosi, "We Have To Pass The Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It". Now that right there is a scary statement and that's my 2 cents worth.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35094 Feb 6, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
No! But I know many who do.
So do I.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#35095 Feb 6, 2013
Please ignore, while I take care of the problem. And something happened to my dolphin.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35096 Feb 6, 2013
Pro, I hope you love gigantic snakes, and very poisonous ones as well, not to mention spiders as big as a dinner plate.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35097 Feb 6, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
So, anybody here have medicare/Medicaid?
No, I still have a few years to go.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35098 Feb 6, 2013
I know a guy moved to Panama.Snake ate his German shepherd.

Location hidden

#35099 Feb 6, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>i would say because Obamacare is going to put them all out of business by creating an unlevel playing field where the govt owns the ball and the field and they determine who wins (them) and who loses (the insurance companies). The govt shouldn't be in the insurance business, the real estate business, the transportation business, etc..., those jobs should be done by the private sector!
And if the Insurance Companies would have had a little more concern for their clients who paid their hard earned money to them, they may not have found themselves in this situation. Pre-existing conditions was a great downfall for them in health insurance, and many people lost their homes and property due to this. Should we have let them continue on?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35100 Feb 6, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I still have a few years to go.
To have both, you have to be disabled.

Location hidden

#35101 Feb 6, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoon, there's a lot and I may be speaking out of school that ALL of us don't understand about Obamacare. In the words of Nancy Pelosi, "We Have To Pass The Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It". Now that right there is a scary statement and that's my 2 cents worth.
I was listening to all of this on talk radio and I couldn't believe this is what's going to be facing people. One lady said, she'll have to foreclose on her house to pay her bills. Several people said, that Obama isn't looking out for the elderly, that he just wants them to die. Now that breaks my heart! I just feel sorry for the elderly and my heart really goes out to them, because some are panicking already and getting so worried. It's not good for there health to deal with this uncertainty.

Nascar, I am not a fan of the road course races. The short tracks are OK, but sometimes to slow for me to watch. I like action and speed or speed and action .

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35102 Feb 6, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
Please ignore, while I take care of the problem. And something happened to my dolphin.
You have to sign in again.

Location hidden

#35103 Feb 6, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> To have both, you have to be disabled.
And I don't think you can own any property to receive Medicaid.

Location hidden

#35104 Feb 6, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You have to sign in again.
Thanks!:)

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35105 Feb 6, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't think you can own any property to receive Medicaid.
True enough.

Location hidden

#35106 Feb 6, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was listening to all of this on talk radio and I couldn't believe this is what's going to be facing people. One lady said, she'll have to foreclose on her house to pay her bills. Several people said, that Obama isn't looking out for the elderly, that he just wants them to die. Now that breaks my heart! I just feel sorry for the elderly and my heart really goes out to them, because some are panicking already and getting so worried. It's not good for there health to deal with this uncertainty.
Nascar, I am not a fan of the road course races. The short tracks are OK, but sometimes to slow for me to watch. I like action and speed or speed and action .
All of talk radio is right wing conservative zealots. Don't believe everything you hear on that media. They will tell you anything to make you hate Obama. Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage...all nut jobs.

Location hidden

#35107 Feb 6, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must be a "Dega" or Daytona fan?!?!? Those are Dale, Jr's best tracks and every track is JJ's best track.

Ok guys, I have found me a fellow, redneck racing buddy. You all will have to get used to it, but there's one question that REALLY matters--Spoon, who is your favorite basketball team??? This could win or lose you friends, just kidding, maybe.

Location hidden

#35108 Feb 6, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
All of talk radio is right wing conservative zealots. Don't believe everything you hear on that media. They will tell you anything to make you hate Obama. Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage...all nut jobs.
I don't listen to talk radio and I still don't like Obama. Arnold, if you like to listen to a nice christian radio station that has talk radio and it's not about politics, K-LOVE. They have really good music too.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35109 Feb 6, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> To have both, you have to be disabled.
My mother is disabled, the only thing that medicaid does for her is it pays her medicare premium. She has been treated for throat cancer, never drank or smoked in her life. She has had two major back surgeries for slipped discs. In 2011, July had her left knee replaced, November, her right knee replaced. In Feb. 2012 she went for a check up, they found stage one cancer in her left breast. In March of 2012 she had a bi-lateral mastectomy. She draws my dad's social security because she has never worked a public job in her life. Her life was spent on the farm, in the tobacco and corn fields. She had five children, four of which grew up to be law abiding, tax paying citizens. She declined any other help and that includes foodstamps. Had she accecpted foodstamps she would get $16.00 a month.

Location hidden

#35110 Feb 6, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for your frustrations but just another example of govt education hard at work!
Pro, it was crazy, after a while their insanity became my reality and that's scary. Just think, these are the "leaders of tomorrow".

Speaking of govt education, looks like "everybody needing to go to college and let's throw money at them so we can have the best and brightest is not working. I can't remember the amount I read about today, but I've figured out a college degree does not make you a good steward of your money. Do these college kids think these loans that where thrown at them didn't need to be paid back? Hello, now the government is cracking down big time on them and I think they should. All the while, we're footing the bill for the low interest college loans and having to pay collection agencies to collect the money from these people that don't understand a loan is what it states it is "a loan", not a gift, not a winning lottery ticket, but money you OWE to whom you borrowed it from.

Location hidden

#35111 Feb 6, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother is disabled, the only thing that medicaid does for her is it pays her medicare premium. She has been treated for throat cancer, never drank or smoked in her life. She has had two major back surgeries for slipped discs. In 2011, July had her left knee replaced, November, her right knee replaced. In Feb. 2012 she went for a check up, they found stage one cancer in her left breast. In March of 2012 she had a bi-lateral mastectomy. She draws my dad's social security because she has never worked a public job in her life. Her life was spent on the farm, in the tobacco and corn fields. She had five children, four of which grew up to be law abiding, tax paying citizens. She declined any other help and that includes foodstamps. Had she accecpted foodstamps she would get $16.00 a month.
I heard that. My brother was born with multiple disabilities and he qualified for $10 a month in food stamps and I told them to keep them, apparently they needed them worse than he did. He has always lived with my dad and draws disability but because they use my dad's income etc my brother does not qualify for Medicaid and he's had 5 or 6 strokes now since 12/11. Even if he didn't get any type of money, we'd make do and pay his bills, but sometimes it doesn't seem fair for those that need it can't get it and those that abuse the system get everything.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35112 Feb 6, 2013
You know bacon seems to me, just an observation, that Arnold is upset about negative comments regarding Obama.I will say this.Beck, Rush are incredible halfwits, who earn their money with sensationalistic and highly negative comments regarding Obama.I would advise that people listen to sane commentators, both pro and con , regarding Obama.Honest criticism is hard to find these days, from democrats and republicans.OBAMA won't be president forever, people need to know who they will support in 2016, both conservatives and liberals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitsett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burlington orthopaedic center joins Triangle pr... 8 hr Calvin James 1
Burlington man promoted to chief 34 years after... 20 hr Spotted Girl 1
Alamance sheriff accused of racial profiling gi... Dec 19 Barry lowe 1
NC: Burlington City Council Postpones Decision ... Dec 17 Howard Hicks 1
Adopt a family for Christmas (Nov '08) Dec 14 AnthonyLS 94
Cary Music Thread (May '12) Dec 11 Musikologist 14
Review: Portrait By Wendy (Jul '12) Jul '12 TAS 1
Whitsett Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Whitsett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Whitsett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Whitsett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:36 am PST

NFL 7:36AM
Does Jay Gruden really judge QBs by wins and losses?
NBC Sports11:58 AM
Panthers add Frank Alexander to 53-man roster
NBC Sports 1:27 PM
Another strong December has Panthers on playoff doorstep - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:15 PM
Predicting Redskins' Biggest Roster Moves This Offseason
Bleacher Report 4:21 PM
RG3's Performance as Important as Win in Week 17