Elon undercover drug probe nets 13 ar...

Elon undercover drug probe nets 13 arrests

There are 3 comments on the Burlington Times News story from May 7, 2009, titled Elon undercover drug probe nets 13 arrests. In it, Burlington Times News reports that:

An undercover drug operation has resulted in the arrest of 13 people in the Elon area, including some university students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Burlington Times News.

students mom

Farmington, CT

#1 May 8, 2009
The paper didn't report all of the facts about these arrests. Doors were kicked down while the students were sleeping, excessive force was used on them, police had their guns drawn, and they were handcuffed when police entered the students home with a very sketchy search warrant. They were looking for cocaine and alledgedly found a tiny amount of marijuana. A couple of days before Mother's Day , and with only 2 weeks until these students graduate, all I can say is shame on the Burlington police force.
student

Burlington, NC

#2 May 11, 2009
students mom, the only person you should be putting shame on is the students not the police department. It doesn't matter if the students are about to graduate or if its mothers day, they broke the law and got caught. The police did there job and if you think they are in the wrong, you are full of crap.
voice of reason

Amherst, MA

#3 May 15, 2009
The actions of the police were not warranted. Talk about violent crime...it was the police who used excessive violence, unnecessary show of force, intimidation, etc. They broke down doors, used excessive force, arrived with 9 officers, 2 dogs, and automatic weapons. Give me a break! Except for the one significant cocaine bust, the rest was rubbish, based on the say-so of the arrested woman in possesion of the cocaine. Such violence and waste of resources for such non-violent and miniscule offences (possession of marijuana and alchohol). These are kids who made mistakes...not hardened criminals who should have their lives ruined. Especially since marijuana will probably be legalized in a few years. After all, even our president has admitted to trying both pot and cocaine in college.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitsett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Cary Mon Camilamaza 8
Gibsonville crackdown targets sweepstakes busin... (Jan '15) Jan 4 boogie 3
Review: Portrait By Wendy (Jul '12) Jul '12 TAS 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Whitsett, NC (Jan '12) Jan '12 Haelae 2
Debate: Civil Unions - Whitsett, NC (Jan '12) Jan '12 Marilyn 1
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Whitsett, NC (Aug '11) Aug '11 Kyle 1
News Motorcyclist dies after wreck in Staley (May '10) Dec '10 Nichole Shoffner 3

Whitsett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitsett Mortgages