Is Glen Raven Town a safe place?

Is Glen Raven Town a safe place?

Posted in the Whitsett Forum

John Keol

Gaffney, SC

#1 Dec 10, 2012
So I went through glen raven because I thought it was a nice place.......Never mind that. I saw a black guy in front of this gas station beside Hardees which looked to be a .45 on his waist. I went down the street beside it and it was ghetto. All I seen was a bunch of Mexicand and Blacks, not one white in the area. I am not a racist as I have as many black friends as I do white, but personally I would feel safeR around my kind as vice versa for blacks. But do you think Glen Raven is a safe place.
Tom McKnight

Wallburg, NC

#2 Dec 10, 2012
Personally I don't think its a good placeto live. I get scared when I ride by Glen Raven. When I happen to leave my car, I lock it. It is heavily populated with blacks also. It used to be drug-infested back in the 90's. It has calmed down a little bit. Am I the only one that notices random thugs always walking on the side of the streets? Are the citizens of Glen Raven not employed or what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitsett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Portrait By Wendy (Jul '12) Jul '12 TAS 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Whitsett, NC (Jan '12) Jan '12 Haelae 2
Debate: Civil Unions - Whitsett, NC (Jan '12) Jan '12 Marilyn 1
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Whitsett, NC (Aug '11) Aug '11 Kyle 1
News Motorcyclist dies after wreck in Staley (May '10) Dec '10 Nichole Shoffner 3
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in North Carolin... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Neighbor From Across 9
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Yalla Dawg 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitsett Mortgages