Whitney PD
Tabwells

Crosbyton, TX

#1 Sep 11, 2010
I got a ticket tonight. Not for speeding, not for insurance, not for an open container, but for a registration offense. I wouldn't normally complain about that, but it was not even my car. I had a headlight out (again, it's not my car, so I didn't know), and I was driving through Whitney. I got pulled over. I turned on my dome light, had my license ready, had my hands on the steering wheel, and answered the officer's questions honestly and quickly. Even so, I was subjected to a field sobriety test and given a written warning for the headlight. I thought I had done well, but apparently it was necessary to write me a ticket for someone else's registration. I had no idea it was expired, because I was doing a favor for a relative (Mother-in-law) when I was pulled over. It happened to be Friday, and the officer was especially vigilant about drunk drivers. I have no objection to that, since i have been a cop for the last 15 years or so myself. The officer was polite as he performed the SFST (standardized field sobriety tests) on me, and was looking for the clues to my intoxication. Even though he didn't do the tests perfectly, I was considerate. I'm a big guy, he's not. He warned me for the headlight; the insurance and inspection were apparently up to date, and gave me a ticket...and I kid you not... for an expired license plate...on my mother in law's vehicle. I guess I could circle the car and look for all these deficiencies before I leave, but, even as a cop, I did not think to do so. All I can say is, "way to go Whitney." While there was a home football game going on, I got a ticket for an expired license plate. Never mind the larger or personal economic situation. Whitney wanted its local "voluntary tax." A voluntary tax is one which you volunteer to pay. The lottery, beer, cigarettes, and, of course, municipal ordinance violations. Doesn't really matter if you meant to pay them, you volunteered to pay them. And based on my experience with the Justice of the Peace here,he will expect payment. I dealt with him before, and the law is kind of a hindrance to what he is trying to do. Anyway, thanks for looking and listening and I hope to hear from you soon. Anyone who thinks I will be intimidated by harsh words or by other cops admonishing me to be genteel, well, you're going to be a bit disappointed.
got cash

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Sep 16, 2010
just pay them its all you can do they were dirty 20 years ago and it sounds like they still are
That Girl

Grandview, TX

#3 Aug 28, 2012
I feel you guys on that. I let a friend drive my truck one night and he ran from hill co. so for about two months straight i got pulled over by hill co. and Whitney pd every time i left my driveway, they both had to do a field sobriety test and my truck was search every time. They still pull me over from time to time!! Its bs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don Melvin May chomo Mon Still here 1
looking for family member Mar 13 Anonymous 1
News $1.5 Million to Prevent Cervical Cancer in West... Mar 12 cocerned voter 14
News West TX raids nets multiple arrests, cache of d... Mar 9 face facts 4
News Arlington school district buys former Eastern S... Mar 8 Near Phart 3
West Music Thread (Apr '13) Feb 28 Musikologist 12
News The strange (tall) tale of armed border crossers Feb 25 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1

Whitney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitney Mortgages