huge red fox, moutain lion or lynx o...

huge red fox, moutain lion or lynx on I-81 (S) near Castle Creek

Posted in the Whitney Point Forum

Justwondering

Utica, NY

#1 Nov 9, 2011
Did any see a dead huge cat like animal on the southbound side of I-81 about a mile closer to Syracuse then the exit for Castle Creek. It was on the left lying an its side, obviously dead and huge. If you did see it, or heard someone else talking about it, what was it? It looked like it had a body like a mountain lion, a long tail with long fur-not bushy and a face that was rounder like a lynx.Its color was pretty uniformly red-not mixed or strips or anything like that. I was moving too fast and, once I had processed what I saw, I had gone too far to see it. Apparently someone picked it up, probably for its fur, because it was gone soon thereafter. I saw it at around 10:40am Tuesday morning. If you did not see it but are familiar with the wild life around there, any ideas? Any information would be appreciated.
Forreal

Vestal, NY

#2 Nov 21, 2011
Are you serious
metoo

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Nov 21, 2011
I think I saw it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitney Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitney point schools shutdown? May 1 Anonymous 1
News Solar on all U.S. roofs would supply 39% of power Apr '16 Solarman 1
probationers getting away with shit Mar '16 curious 2
any arab paki indian girl want to talk snapchat... Dec '15 kam 1
webpigliz (Jan '15) May '15 marathon resident 3
Looking for childhood friend (Jul '14) Jul '14 Friend 1
News Man arrested after Whitney Point bar fight (Mar '14) Mar '14 CNY 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitney Point Mortgages