Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

Believe what you want to, it's a free society. I know I sleep better with one less Trala on the street.
missy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

JST wrote:
Believe what you want to, it's a free society. I know I sleep better with one less Trala on the street.
as a trala family member from us to you go kiss my never been arrested or ticketed behind
joyce

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

Judged:

I believe this happened in 1974. I rode the bus with him and a member of his family was the bus driver. I had heard the morning of the murder that she had told him she was pregnant and they had a big argument and he killed her. Dont know how true it is. I remember that day in school. I think he lived at that time at 5 mile and Curtis Road. Never heard anymore about it. Left South Lyon area 1977. Havent been back. Keep in touch with classmates tho.
sister

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

I am Joanns sister. I sometimes wonder what was he thinking. But again,it doesnt matter. No one has the right to take another ones life.The death of my sister had changed our lives tremendously. It was very tough for many years, but we have over come our fears and learned to trust people again. I was there that morning
I saw them together, i ran into him after. I had police protection until i testified, i was on the stand when he had an outburst and flipped the table over. The murder of my sister has left a little black hole in my heart that will never heal. But as a grown woman,mother,and wife ,I have.

PaulG

Bismarck, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

We owned a general store in South Lyon for a number of years and Trala's sister Leslie worked for my parents for a number of years. She told me about what happened many times and like the facts that have been posted so far, I was told he used a kitchen knife, then fled the school and headed toward home, tossing the knife along the way. Trala's mother was my bus driver for a number of years as well. I don't know about other family members, but I know Leslie lived many years in embarrassment over what happened. His brother died in a car accident right in front of my house on 6 mile road 25 or so years ago. The family did not have a very good reputation in the area.
PaulG

Bismarck, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text> Those Tralas' that remain in South Lyon have worked hard to rise above the wrong done by him, and all should be given the chance to prove that they are nothing like him. Just because he did what he did proves nothing. Not every male Trala descendant is going to be like that.
I could not agree with you more. His sister Leslie worked for my family for a number of years and she was a very nice, decent woman. I babysat for her kids a number of times as well (Leslie and Dennis lived off of 7 mile road). They were good people and she was always thorughly embarrassed by what happened. Mrs. Trala (Leonard's Mom), lived in the SL Trailer Park at the opening of the rear entrance by the cemetary. She was the first trailer on the right. She was a mean bus driver, but who wouldn't be with a bunch of obnoxious, screaming kids all day!

Since: Apr 13

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Attached is a link to the South Lyon which talks about the murder. I remember seeing her under the stairs, with someone trying to revive her. It was TERRIBLE that such a young life was taken. That & Bill Showerman getting hit by a car which ended his life.
http://www.ssldl.info/gsdl/collect/slh/index/...

Since: Apr 13

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Misty

Westland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

I just wish like most of the family members involved that others would drop this am 36 yrs old and have dealt with this issue my whole life. I ignore it when the subject is brought up. I hope to god others have learned from what was done. Please for both the Trala and Goers families drop this dang subject neither wants to relive it over and over again with people draggin in rumors and innuendos
old friend

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Leonard I jhaven't seen in a long time. I talked with him a few times after he was in prison. He there was more to it than them breaking up. Not going to say what else. As I went to viit him he swore he was set up. I really didn't knowwhat to think ok. we grew up together. we were in 11th grade.I do think she was stabed more than 2 times tho.Trala's are a great family.... No body will ever know the whole truth of what happened that morning. I remember it very well knew Joanne and her sister. shocked to us that morning. Leonard spent th night 2 days before that happened he was bothered by somethingand not of hr breaking up.something else not saying. But what it was really tore him up. not them breaking up. All looked like he did it he said different. I found this by typing in his name. Like I said he said he was set up by someone who didn't like the Trala's and didn't get along with his big brother who died in car accident before that. God bless all family members!! Loved their mom Mary Joanne is a great lady both families need peace...
old friend

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

sister wrote:
I am Joanns sister. I sometimes wonder what was he thinking. But again,it doesnt matter. No one has the right to take another ones life.The death of my sister had changed our lives tremendously. It was very tough for many years, but we have over come our fears and learned to trust people again. I was there that morning
I saw them together, i ran into him after. I had police protection until i testified, i was on the stand when he had an outburst and flipped the table over. The murder of my sister has left a little black hole in my heart that will never heal. But as a grown woman,mother,and wife ,I have.
I didn't go to his trial wasn't in the court room like you were. I remember seeing them talking. I then went out to the smoking area. I remember seeing and talking with you for a brief minute after it happened. You were always nice. I haven't seen you in a long time. My prayers were with you your family and the Trala's I hope your doing good..
Name

Milford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Don wrote:
I guess one reason I was asking for information was that since I was bunked with him for so long, and since he talked about it so much, I may be able to give insight into his motivation and also his thoughts since it happened. We talked so much about it. I am in no way defending him. I am just stating my experience with him.
He not only took the life of a person, he destroyed her family/friends and the lives of another family also. I knew him pretty well ( so I thought ). He could get a bad temper.
Name

Milford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

I agree with "old friend". The only one to blame is Lenard, not his family. Too many people are speculating.
Name

Milford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

To ALL families involved:
I knew most of you and I was friends with most of you.
Some of you, I was very good friends with!
My thoughts and prayers have always been with you!
Information

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

sister wrote:
If you send an email to mturner369@gmail.com I can talk to you about Trala and what he said he did and why. Only if you want to know.
Brian Adam

Wixom, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Don wrote:
I am trying to find out information on the 1974 or 1975 killing of Joanne Goers by Leonard Trala. Does anyone remember this and can anyone tell me about this man.
Not to upset the social compact in your town and let me preface this by saying I live in Novi and had some great times in SL, but your town sure has a hard on for cold cases, like Ive never, ever heard before. Happy holidays

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Whitmore Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
South Lyon eatery shuttered just months after o... (Jan '10) Jun '14 Norm 39
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
scott brazill Jun '14 looking 1
big foot spotted on the rail trail (Sep '11) Jun '14 wixasippi 25
'I'm Not Lying': Cancer Patient Hits Back at... Jun '14 JustCurious 2

Search the Whitmore Lake Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Whitmore Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Whitmore Lake People Search