Murder of Joanne Goers
friend

United States

#21 Oct 14, 2009
I worked at the school when this happened. I watched the asst. principal try to revive her to no avail. It was a tragic day.
Don

United States

#22 Oct 18, 2009
I am willing to tell anyone what he has said, and also the things he told me regarding his thoughts and such. I am not trying to open old wounds, I just hope maybe if the family knew the things he said and some other things they do not know I am sure they would get a tad more closure.
jane

Whitmore Lake, MI

#23 Nov 9, 2009
Don wrote:
I am willing to tell anyone what he has said, and also the things he told me regarding his thoughts and such. I am not trying to open old wounds, I just hope maybe if the family knew the things he said and some other things they do not know I am sure they would get a tad more closure.
I just happened to google the trala name and came across this. I know this is an old post so I'm not sure if you are still around. I am connected to the Trala family, and still live in the area. I would love to hear what he has to say.
jane

Whitmore Lake, MI

#24 Nov 9, 2009
Shirley wrote:
<quoted text>
He stabbed her repeatedly under the stairs at SLHS. The Trala name is pretty trashy, all around.
Theres one Trala family left in South Lyon, Trashy there not. Paul had busted his ass to hold his head high from what his brother did 30 some years ago.
Don

United States

#25 Nov 15, 2009
Jane,
I am willing to email you if I can somehow get it. I know human nature, and I am sure that many do not like the family due to ones sons actions. I have also done some research and see his Brother is a Firefighter, and also I think I found the sister also, however never messaged her. I do not want to give my email, however if you set up a temp list it here, I will email it so we can talk. I really feel for the Goer family, and also his family..... Like I said I lived with that man, and there is alot that alot of people do not know.
Heather

Santa Clara, CA

#26 Dec 3, 2009
Curious.
Rizzo

Alpena, MI

#27 Dec 4, 2009
Don:
I don't know what your game is, but give it up. You are not here trying to do good, but instead choose to stir up the past with some alleged new-found insight as Leonard Trala's bunkmate.
You dance around the facts, leave bits and pieces of hints, don't want to give an email, but instead want someone or everyone of us who knew the situation to contact you.
Suffice it say it's time to move on to your next pawn. Leave the Goers family alone. Leave any other families alone as well.
If you feel so hell bent on enlightening the rest of the world with your information, then write a book. You'd better hurry though, Oprah's show is ending...you'll want to make sure you get on her book list.
Don

United States

#28 Dec 19, 2009
Rizzo,
My game is nothing. Why dont you quit hiding behind a screen name and come out with your game. I am not dancing around any facts here? I am not sure what facts I dance around. The only thing I was offering was to let anyone who was curious what he was like now. Nothing to stir up... Just some insights to anyone interested. as you are not interested why dont you post someplace else. Then again I agree. I will drop this as it is turning into a flame war. Want info... Write lenny.
just wondering

Winchester, KY

#29 Jan 3, 2010
Joanne has sister named Mary correct? I went to Jr High with Mary. Wow she was cool, funny and full of life. My sympathy to the family for horrible suffering their forced to endure. I lost a 22 yr old son last March, so I share your pain.
DJJJ

Bozeman, MT

#30 Jan 20, 2010
This is f*cking weird. If you want to shed light on the situation, why don't you try contacting the victim and perp's families - not some random web site.
LB nh mich

Beachwood, OH

#31 Mar 21, 2010
The basic facts are they were boyfreind and girlfreind and she was going to break up with him. And he could not take it. I remember that day very well and am still stunned after all these years that he killed her
Tammy

AOL

#32 Apr 10, 2010
So what was his reason for doing what he did? I'm sure many people would like to know.
Kathy

Pittsburgh, PA

#33 Apr 13, 2010
Don wrote:
I am trying to find out information on the 1974 or 1975 killing of Joanne Goers by Leonard Trala. Does anyone remember this and can anyone tell me about this man.
I have known the Goers family since well before this happened and I also know how much pain it caused them. Please let this all go for their sakes. Why bring that pain back to them now?
DissyTee

Pinckney, MI

#34 Jul 17, 2010
I think the reason Don wishes to not contact the families involved is due to the fact it is still an emotional topic. Thank you for all that have defended the Trala name, those who have not do not know the family well enough.

Don, if you would like to know more about the incident, there are files available at the Salem-South Lyon Library. Clips from the newspaper. All from 1975. I believe the whole thing was covered over 8 months. From the date of the incident to the time Leonard was sentenced. There are a couple of typos, such as what Leonard was sentenced with, but I'm sure with what was told to you by Leonard, you can tell sort it out well in your head. I'd give you an email, so we can converse, but my main email has some personal details I'd rather not share in this post.
chelleluvslife

Lansing, MI

#35 Jul 19, 2010
It wasn't 1974/1975, it was 1971/1972. I was in Kindergarten and Leonard's mother drive my bus at the time. Later I met Joanne's younger sister through school and band. he got Life in prison without possibility of parole. They ahd dated but she broke up with him. He killed her in the High School stairwell.
chelleluvslife

Lansing, MI

#36 Jul 19, 2010
chelleluvslife wrote:
It wasn't 1974/1975, it was 1971/1972. I was in Kindergarten and Leonard's mother drive my bus at the time. Later I met Joanne's younger sister through school and band. he got Life in prison without possibility of parole. They ahd dated but she broke up with him. He killed her in the High School stairwell.
Sorry I was wrong on the dates. His mother was a very nice lady who drive my bus.
DissyTee

Pinckney, MI

#37 Jul 20, 2010
chelleluvslife wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I was wrong on the dates. His mother was a very nice lady who drive my bus.
I know you were wrong. It all happened in 1975. I have the newspaper clippings. Well, printouts from the computer.
Juanita was loved by quite a few people, to this day people remember her as a bus driver. Which, is a large accomplishment. May she rest in piece.
DissyTee

Pinckney, MI

#38 Jul 20, 2010
Tammy wrote:
So what was his reason for doing what he did? I'm sure many people would like to know.
There are assumptions, and stories, and other possible reasons. Nothing has been said for real, nor will the story ever truly be straight (I'm sure) as it would hurt both sides to know.(And to have told to the internet community)
DissyTee

Pinckney, MI

#39 Jul 20, 2010
LB nh mich wrote:
The basic facts are they were boyfreind and girlfreind and she was going to break up with him. And he could not take it. I remember that day very well and am still stunned after all these years that he killed her
They were broken up. Period. There was no, "maybe she might" or "she's going to." It was done. There is more to the story than will ever be released to those not involved or not in the family. Please don't spread rumors if you are not sure of the whole truth.
DissyTee

Pinckney, MI

#40 Jul 20, 2010
DJJJ wrote:
This is f*cking weird. If you want to shed light on the situation, why don't you try contacting the victim and perp's families - not some random web site.
That is what Don is doing. If you have read the full post. Wouldn't you think it odd to have someone IN PERSON come up asking questions about something that happened 35 years ago?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitmore Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Buildings in Newport (Oct '14) Sep 2 Dennis 2
Daycare needed Jun '17 Single dad 2
News A look at the Michigan Militia, then and now (Mar '10) Dec '16 Faith Michigan 4
News Nude photo for teen costs S. Lyon teacher his job (May '06) Dec '16 WATCHING LIVONIA 32
News 7 new charter schools opening in Michigan in fall (Aug '16) Sep '16 For the kids 2
News Rocco "Rocky" J. Minghini Jr. (Aug '13) Aug '16 Jamison Cuc 2
News 'Tiny house' movement wins followers and detrac... (Mar '15) Oct '15 Jackster 2

Whitmore Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitmore Lake Mortgages