Don

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

I am trying to find out information on the 1974 or 1975 killing of Joanne Goers by Leonard Trala. Does anyone remember this and can anyone tell me about this man.
Marsha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

May I ask why you want this information?
Marsha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

..and why does the avator say I'm from Franklin, MI??
Shirley

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2008

Don wrote:
I am trying to find out information on the 1974 or 1975 killing of Joanne Goers by Leonard Trala. Does anyone remember this and can anyone tell me about this man.
He stabbed her repeatedly under the stairs at SLHS. The Trala name is pretty trashy, all around.
Sharon

Dexter, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

I went to school with Leonard way back from elementary school. His sister lives in South Lyon she married Dennis Danke.I think Dennis is working for Lyon property maintenance. Why are you interested in him may I ask?
Marsha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

I think "Don" has disappeared. My brother is married to Loretta Capaldi..aunt of Joanne. I think it's kinda strange that this "Don" wants this info...after all these years. They do have computers in prisons.
roxann

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Don wrote:
yes i remember it well . i also worked with his mom for years please e mail me or call rockytath@yahoo.com
Joe

Milford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2008

i live in New hudson for three years and i have not heard of this murder,where can ilearn more?
Nick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

I have lived in South Lyon for nearly 8 years now, I have heard of this story many times when i attened school in the same building. The old high school is now one of the middle schools(Millenium Middle School). It seems strange to think a crime like that could have ever occured in South Lyon, especially thirty years ago when it was known as a small horse town.
cheryl

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

It was very sad and tragic. I remember seeing both of them that morning walking toward the staircase. I believe I was a freshman then.
guess who

Howell, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

My mom was friends with the victim, she told me he used a plastic knife if my memorie serves correctly.I kinda grew up with his nephew,i know that whole damn clan....steer clear, i have lived in south lyon for 25 plus years, i cannot stand the place but you always end up comming back..its weird,sometimes i feel like its the safest place on earth..ya know...but i have had 5 friends of mine 3 of wich are gone from suicide the other 2 from car accident, iv seen the place grow from grass to a mini city, had my best times there...had my worst times there.i guess what it all boils down to is...@$#% the trailorpark !
david

Northville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

I was a freshman at the time as was her sister, what a tragedy for all of south lyon and for the Goer family. Trala is in prison for life, thank god
SLlifer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Iwas in elementary school when this happened. Went to Sayre.They wouldn't let us walk home from school because Trala was caught at his brother's grave at SL cemetery. Had to walk thru there to get home. He lived right at the entrance to the trailer park also. Seedy family that grew better with time. Went to school with Norma Goers and Paul Trala, both great people.I hope both have overcome what happened to older siblings. Sure scared us little kids.
chelleluvslife

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Don wrote:
I rode the school bus of Leonard Trala's mother when this happened. I went to school with Joanne's younger sister. I know he's still incarcerated because with my morbid curiosity, I continue to check his status in MDOC.
I only have a minute amount of information but would be willing to tell you what I recall.
Rizzo

Alpena, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2009

I went to school with both of them. I remember that day quite clearly.
Why do you want to know?
Carrie

Sturgis, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

My mother and her siblings remember this well. They grew up with this family and still have the newspaper clippings from this tragic incident, since my mother never throws a thing away. LOL Leonard used a kitchen knife, not a plastic knife, and threw it in the river behind my aunts house. If you would like the whole story you could email me at creneed1977@yahoo.com
What a sad story. And BTW there are computers in the prisons, but the officers use them ans inmates DO NOT!!
Don

Morley, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

I am the original poster of this question. The reason why I asked is that I was indeed in prison with him, and unfortunatley was his roomate for 13 months. I am not defending him or looking to do so.... He talked of the incident alot and I merely was looking to see his level of truthfulness. To be open to those of you that know of this heinous act, I was in for a paper crime, not a violent crime and since am off parole and have paid my victim back.
Don

Morley, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

One more thing, for anyone insinuating I am Leonard, I AM NOT. I was bunked with the sociopath.
Don

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2009

I guess one reason I was asking for information was that since I was bunked with him for so long, and since he talked about it so much, I may be able to give insight into his motivation and also his thoughts since it happened. We talked so much about it. I am in no way defending him. I am just stating my experience with him.
Tommy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Im a cousin of Joanne's, and this is the first time i heard this story. I have to do this project about my family history and my mom mentioned this..I never knew her..this happened way before i was born but it would be interesting to hear the story..i guess from someone who actually talked to the guy..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of76
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Whitmore Lake Discussions

Search the Whitmore Lake Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Pinckney, MI (Jul '10) Apr 5 Josh Amburgey 36
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mar 27 rider 5,463
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 301
'I'm Not Lying': Cancer Patient Hits Back at... Mar '14 sheepleloveroyalty 1
Eric John Frederickson Department of Corrections Mar '14 kev 1
Nude photo for teen costs S. Lyon teacher his job (May '06) Feb '14 Brian Adam 30
•••
•••
•••
•••

Whitmore Lake Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Whitmore Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance