Click it, or get a ticket: Law-enforc...

Click it, or get a ticket: Law-enforcement pushes seatbelt use

There are 109 comments on the LA Daily News story from May 24, 2010, titled Click it, or get a ticket: Law-enforcement pushes seatbelt use. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

CHP officer Leland Tang gathers a motorists information after pulling them over for failing to wear a seatbelt in West Hills, Calif., on Monday May 24, 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Ahole

Norwalk, CA

#107 May 27, 2010
El Presidente wrote:
California is setting a great example.
Arizona can use this same law enforcement tactic to make official police contact with illegal aliens.........and then deport them!
If the cops wanted to do something about the illegal problem don't you think they would have already done something? Cops don't give a shit about this country or it's laws. Cops are all about cops.
the dude

Valley Village, CA

#108 May 29, 2010
off ramp wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you're wrong. Seat belt violations became primary laws in 1993. That means that they can pull you over for that violation, without needing to see some other violation first.
The innitial law was voted on with that specific wording. "We will not pull you over for not wearing a seat belt." It is an aspect that must be remembered when voting on other laws/bonds.
Anamouse

El Segundo, CA

#109 Aug 17, 2010
WHO CARES if someone else who didn't care enough about their own life to buckle up, dies?

It's their life and why should we be telling them what they can and can not do anyway?

They can hop on a bucking bull at a rodeo without a helmit and we don't give a darn, but we're going to rob em blind if they get caught without seatbelt, even if their in the back seat.

If the put a "school bus" sign on thier van, it's ok to ride without one and if they ride a hot motorcycle they don't need one...

Why should a car be any different?

If they die and it's their fault, I really don't think that's my business.
j christy

Palm Desert, CA

#110 Oct 4, 2010
I had a perfect 37 year driving record until I was ticketed for having my shoulder belt to far off to the side of my arm. NO WARNINGS . JUST A PISSY CHP WITH A BAD ATTITUDE .....$156 FINE.
Richard

United States

#111 Oct 30, 2010
Because the problem is, they often DON'T die and end up going to the hospital where
they drain taxpayer money since you hospitals have to treat someone regardless of whether or not they can pay.

Also, lets say you hit someone while driving. Odds are, if they have a belt on they
will be injured less which means it costs the insurance companies less which means
there is less of a need to raise overall rates for everyone.
Anamouse wrote:
WHO CARES if someone else who didn't care enough about their own life to buckle up, dies?
It's their life and why should we be telling them what they can and can not do anyway?
They can hop on a bucking bull at a rodeo without a helmit and we don't give a darn, but we're going to rob em blind if they get caught without seatbelt, even if their in the back seat.
If the put a "school bus" sign on thier van, it's ok to ride without one and if they ride a hot motorcycle they don't need one...
Why should a car be any different?
If they die and it's their fault, I really don't think that's my business.
Anamouse

El Segundo, CA

#112 Nov 2, 2010
Richard wrote:
Because the problem is, they often DON'T die and end up going to the hospital where
they drain taxpayer money since you hospitals have to treat someone regardless of whether or not they can pay.
Also, lets say you hit someone while driving. Odds are, if they have a belt on they
will be injured less which means it costs the insurance companies less which means
there is less of a need to raise overall rates for everyone.
<quoted text>

The answer to that is not to play big brother to the rest of us, it's to shift the responsibility back to the people who didn't care enough about their own safety to buckel up.

If they crash and don't have the money it takes to pay for their stupidity, just lit them die, don't respond by reglating everyone else.
Third Party Now

Anaheim, CA

#113 Nov 12, 2010
j christy wrote:
I had a perfect 37 year driving record until I was ticketed for having my shoulder belt to far off to the side of my arm. NO WARNINGS . JUST A PISSY CHP WITH A BAD ATTITUDE .....$156 FINE.
Please move out of state. Its the only way to teach California lesson. They only understand $$$.
Richard

San Jose, CA

#114 Nov 20, 2010
Anamouse wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to that is not to play big brother to the rest of us, it's to shift the responsibility back to the people who didn't care enough about their own safety to buckel up.
If they crash and don't have the money it takes to pay for their stupidity, just lit them die, don't respond by reglating everyone else.
That's fine, but the Federal government requires us to provide emergency health care
regardless of whether or not that person can pay. Why else do you think we have
emergency rooms failing after being flooded by illegal aliens without insurance or
ability to pay. They use it as their primary source of health care because the law
mandates treatment.
cjh

Fullerton, CA

#115 Nov 20, 2010
It's all about rvenue. If you were a cop, would you want to chase bad guys that shoot back, or write tickets to generate revenue? With all of the technology they could build a vehicle that could not go over the posted speed limit no matter how much you press the accelerator. But the won't. Because it infringes on your personal freedom? No, because it dosen't generate revenue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitmore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jewish Cop Busted Mel Gibson (Aug '06) Mar '17 Bob Masters 392
Mr. T. C. (Mar '17) Mar '17 Tedcon 2
News Museum Talk: Lumber Flumes Part 2 (Mar '10) Feb '17 randy 3
Kold Nude Nights Back 'Til New Year (Dec '16) Dec '16 Knipple Cittee newso 1
Internet plz help :) (Dec '16) Dec '16 Jess 1
anybody have any final scores frpm i-5 brawl h... (Aug '16) Aug '16 rbcaver 2
News Memorial Day ceremonies have personal touch (May '15) Jun '15 Birds Landing Bob 3

Whitmore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitmore Mortgages