Area chiefs oppose early release of i...

Area chiefs oppose early release of inmates

There are 17 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Aug 20, 2009, titled Area chiefs oppose early release of inmates. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Local police officials are part of a chorus of state law enforcement officers opposed to the governor's plan for the early release of 27,000 prison inmates early.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Since: Jan 09

Duarte, CA

#1 Aug 21, 2009
More proof that Democrats are abusive and Destructive to your community.

Over 27,000 Inmates to be Set Free with Legislation Passed by Senate Democrats

Democrats in the State Senate passed legislation today that will put California families and communities at risk.

By majority vote they are attempting to allow for the early release of over 27,000 so called "non-violent" prisoners from our state prisons.
The Los Angeles Police Protective League estimates that released criminals will commit 245,000 new crimes and make 245,000 new crime victims in the next 3 years.
Way to go to the foolish Dumbocrats in the California Senate. You won’t cut more benefits to illegals, but you’ll jeopardize the safety of thousands of innocent American citizens. You are truly the party of abuse and destruction…

A non-violent criminal is a felon who used a wepon during a crime, who beat or raped someone, who burglarized a residence or home, who stole money or committed fraud.

That is a non-violent criminal according to the Democrats.
Martina McSorley

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Aug 21, 2009
I don't suppose members of the prison-industrial complex could be supposed to have a stake this issue, nooo. Conflict of interest is such a quaint notion, isn't it?
schnazzybo

West Covina, CA

#3 Aug 21, 2009
shut up Wills, youre part of the problem, you and your thugs in blue
you and other cops would like nothing better than to send people away for life for minor crimes..........youre all just Nazis

“NEVER ADRIFT OR AFFLICTED”

Since: Mar 09

S Arcadia, Next to Temple City

#4 Aug 21, 2009
Martina McSorley wrote:
I don't suppose members of the prison-industrial complex could be supposed to have a stake this issue, nooo. Conflict of interest is such a quaint notion, isn't it?
I suppose you would let all these bad guys go, to commit more crimes.
BigMelons

Long Beach, CA

#5 Aug 21, 2009
schnazzybo wrote:
shut up Wills, youre part of the problem, you and your thugs in blue
you and other cops would like nothing better than to send people away for life for minor crimes..........youre all just Nazis
Don't know where you come from, but it's up to the DA, the courts, the judge, the jury, to decide how much jail time someone does for "minor crimes", not the police. Guess you're against the police doing their jobs, which includes deataining/citing and/or arresting for "minor crimes".

Since: May 09

Dallas, TX

#6 Aug 21, 2009
LA should get interesting after these jerkoffs get released. And if they really did want to release them so bad why release them in the US? You know most of them are Mexican anyway so if they're gonna get released why not just toss their scumbag asses back to Mexico and at least make them work harder at illegally being here. maybe some will even die in the desert and the problem will resolve itself...
cynthia m

United States

#7 Aug 21, 2009
Actors are just that actors. Because they can play a politician on screen does not mean that they will be good in real life. See what all your current governor's campaign promises have gotten us ,absolutely nothing .but an easy way to go and a hard way to come by it .Next time an actor runs for political office think twice before you cast your vote for that person no matter how popular they are.
cynthia m

United States

#8 Aug 21, 2009
People are blaming the democrats for this current mess of the economy' But remember the republicans have been in control for the last 8 years' the democrats just inherted this mess and what a mess it is. If you ask me I blame our pass president it is he who didn't give a damn, After all his term is up and he can never run again

Since: Jan 09

Duarte, CA

#9 Aug 21, 2009
cynthia m wrote:
People are blaming the democrats for this current mess of the economy' But remember the republicans have been in control for the last 8 years' the democrats just inherted this mess and what a mess it is. If you ask me I blame our pass president it is he who didn't give a damn, After all his term is up and he can never run again
You are an idiot.

Think about what you say before you speak. Democrats have run California for ten - fifteen years now and have run Congress for three. They're approval ratings are < 20% in the toilet.

Wake up lemmings.
Ricky Ricardo

United States

#10 Aug 21, 2009
Remember to put bars around your windows and don't carry too much cash.. I'm sure that theft, home burglary and GTA will be at an all time high once these prisoners are let loose on the public.

What about that dumb el monte gangster that got 5 year for fighting outside a liquor store, I'm sure he'll be out within a year. Oh don't forget the cholo that got kick in the head and suing for 5 million. He'll be out next year and spending that 5 million promoting this gang.
let them out

La Puente, CA

#11 Aug 21, 2009
MANY WOULD PROBABLY CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIETY LIKE MY HUSBAND HES IN THERE CUZ SOME WHORE SET HIM UP HE BELONGS AT WORK PAYING TAXES ALL HES GUILTY OF IS CHEATING WITH SOME SLUT. Shoot I forgive him still want a divorce but he doesnt need to be in prison his kids need him. Now that hes had a chance to clean up he will be a normal guy in the prison it just takes up gov. money
let them out

La Puente, CA

#12 Aug 21, 2009
Ricky Ricardo wrote:
Remember to put bars around your windows and don't carry too much cash.. I'm sure that theft, home burglary and GTA will be at an all time high once these prisoners are let loose on the public.
What about that dumb el monte gangster that got 5 year for fighting outside a liquor store, I'm sure he'll be out within a year. Oh don't forget the cholo that got kick in the head and suing for 5 million. He'll be out next year and spending that 5 million promoting this gang.
What ABOUT ALL THOSE RECENT REAL RECENT BURGLARIES HOME INVASIONS THAT HAPPENED IN EL MONTE DIAMOND BAR ETC WELL THOSE GUYS R NOT IN JAIL COPS R GETTING THE WRONG GUYS U LAME!! NOT ALL THE WRONG BUT A LOT OF THE ONES THAT ACTUALLY DO THOSE THINGS ARE STILL OUT AND ABOUT
kittykat age 41 covina

La Puente, CA

#14 Aug 21, 2009
Top Turkey wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you would let all these bad guys go, to commit more crimes.
I know of a few low lifes like kathy medina the hooker or lets see kathy pribble the cops let her go without a problem after she set up some pervert from craigslist to have sex with her for meth. The cops gave her a ride home that night and shes already bck to hooking it and setting guys up her and her bf or pimp.
She lied about some young guys said it was them to cover her ass and they got three innocent guys behind bars now while shes setting up more johns. Why wasnt the John in any trouble for soliciting a prostitute?? Or for being under the influence or possession??? Why didnt the media say why they were meeting??
cynthia m

United States

#15 Aug 22, 2009
MSLSD wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot.
Think about what you say before you speak. Democrats have run California for ten - fifteen years now and have run Congress for three. They're approval ratings are < 20% in the toilet.
Wake up lemmings.
I beg to differ the Governor runs the state and he is a REPUBLICAN, that makes you the idiot

“NEVER ADRIFT OR AFFLICTED”

Since: Mar 09

S Arcadia, Next to Temple City

#16 Aug 22, 2009
cynthia m wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ the Governor runs the state and he is a REPUBLICAN, that makes you the idiot
Muscle head may call himself a Republican, that is where it ends. Good Republicans know that public safety is the first priority of government. They don't hand out 'get out of jail free' cards to criminals just because times are economically difficult.

For years now, crime has been going down because many bad guys where put away and kept away. Now, with the massive release of prisoners, crime will be going back up, and many innocent people will suffer.

You sir, are the idiot.
Benhudi

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Oct 25, 2009
Do you people know over half of people in prison today in California are their for minor offences, like petty theft minute ammounts of drugs,drug paraphanalia drunk driving if you have a prior drunk driving.maybe thats why the United States has more people in jail than any other country in the world.People are so quick to spout out about things they know nothing about.Read study learn then you can give an educated opinion.But that is one big problem with America people think with their emotions instead of with facts.READ LEARN TALK
deviation from the truth

Covina, CA

#18 Dec 9, 2010
kittykat age 41 covina wrote:
<quoted text>I know of a few low lifes like kathy medina the hooker or lets see kathy pribble the cops let her go without a problem after she set up some pervert from craigslist to have sex with her for meth. The cops gave her a ride home that night and shes already bck to hooking it and setting guys up her and her bf or pimp.
She lied about some young guys said it was them to cover her ass and they got three innocent guys behind bars now while shes setting up more johns. Why wasnt the John in any trouble for soliciting a prostitute?? Or for being under the influence or possession??? Why didnt the media say why they were meeting??
she did not set up some one for meth it was for money,thats why the so called jon was there to have sex for money ,two of her friends (one her boyfriend) came into the room after she left to buy cig,s and robbed the guy .after that she was on the run, that was the last scam she did until she was captured

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitmore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jewish Cop Busted Mel Gibson (Aug '06) Mar '17 Bob Masters 392
Mr. T. C. Mar '17 Tedcon 2
News Museum Talk: Lumber Flumes Part 2 (Mar '10) Feb '17 randy 3
Kold Nude Nights Back 'Til New Year (Dec '16) Dec '16 Knipple Cittee newso 1
Internet plz help :) (Dec '16) Dec '16 Jess 1
anybody have any final scores frpm i-5 brawl h... (Aug '16) Aug '16 rbcaver 2
News Memorial Day ceremonies have personal touch (May '15) Jun '15 Birds Landing Bob 3

Whitmore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitmore Mortgages