Glitch caused sex offenders' rent che...

Glitch caused sex offenders' rent checks to bounce

There are 2 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Dec 20, 2008, titled Glitch caused sex offenders' rent checks to bounce. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

An accounting glitch in Sacramento caused a government-issued housing assistance check for convicted sex offenders at a local group home to bounce last week, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

WHAT THE HECK

United States

#1 Dec 20, 2008
I am at a complete lost, we tax payers are paying their rent. Let me get this straight if I go out and commit a sex crime act the state will pay my rent for life. And I say for life because we all know , marked as a sex offender no one will hire. What has happen to us are we brain dead or just sitting on the curb barking at the moon. Love what Hinkle said, help them get back on their feet. Someone should do an audit on his records and have him show us this program is working. These guys are on a global positiong tracking system let them sleep under a bridge for free. How many good working law abiding people are working and struggling to make it. Lets all go rob a bank or do something we are not suppose to do, so we can get our rent payed by the state. Hinkle should give us stats and show us this studpid program is working.

SITTING ON THE CURB BARKING AT THE MOON BEING STUPID
Sandy

Paia, HI

#2 Dec 25, 2008
Where I live some repeat offenders, who don't pay their fines because of traffic violations must also wear global positioning ankle bracelets .... that means they can't swim or bathe is a bathtub wearing that electronic device. That's just crazy !

As for sex offenders, if they already paid their due time in prison, why should the be required to wear the monitored ankle bracelet ? I think that crazy too !
Hey if they don't have a job and only live outside with no residence, okay, maybe then they should wear a ankle monitor, otherwise I see no reason why they should be punished for life, especially if they are a one time sexual offender ..... more than likely the ex-con was stupid and made a terrible crime in harming another human being..... I don't think each ex-con who is a sex-offender should be shoved into the same box with the sickos who prey on young children. The cases are varied from minor to major and should be treated individually as such.....okay, just my 2-cents

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitmore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jewish Cop Busted Mel Gibson (Aug '06) Mar '17 Bob Masters 392
Mr. T. C. (Mar '17) Mar '17 Tedcon 2
News Museum Talk: Lumber Flumes Part 2 (Mar '10) Feb '17 randy 3
Kold Nude Nights Back 'Til New Year (Dec '16) Dec '16 Knipple Cittee newso 1
Internet plz help :) (Dec '16) Dec '16 Jess 1
anybody have any final scores frpm i-5 brawl h... (Aug '16) Aug '16 rbcaver 2
News Memorial Day ceremonies have personal touch (May '15) Jun '15 Birds Landing Bob 3

Whitmore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitmore Mortgages