Web site lets users rate their local ...

Web site lets users rate their local cops -- good and bad

There are 8 comments on the LA Daily News story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Web site lets users rate their local cops -- good and bad. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Armed with a laptop and the names of tens of thousands of police officers across the country, a Southland entrepreneur is raising the ire of law enforcement with an online, five-star rating system similar to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Leonel Ibarra

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 26, 2008
I think this guy has nothing better to do. Of course crimimals are going to say they were treated bad by the system and/or cops. Who likes to pay tickets or go to jail? The problem today is that there is very little or no accountability when it comes to crime. People will always have an excuse as to why they broke the law; " I was targeted cause I'm yellow" "the cops are out to get me" " I was just minding my own business and I got arrested." I have heard them all. I'm sick of all these criminals who put themselves in precarious situations by engaging in crimimal activity (speeding, gangs, loitering, tagging, etc) and they don't want to be held accountable. Worse yet, some of these low life idiots will often sue the city for millions of dollars. This website is simply another vehicle for these low life individuals to vent and possibly endanger the career or safety of the hard working men & women of law enforcement.
Shull Aman

Santa Ana, CA

#2 Mar 26, 2008
The amount of time that someone would spend doing this tells me that he probably has some sort of unhealthy obsession with police. It probably stems from some mundane incident, like a traffic ticket or something. I mean, come one, who cares if cops are polite. As long as they do what they are paid to do, do it. But obsessing over the quality of service that people THINK they are getting is silly and unimportant.
Dude, put your obsessions where they could be of some purpose.
Jim Tucker

Cocoa, FL

#3 Mar 26, 2008
I don't think it is an obsession...I would call it vision.
Have you even been to that site? How in the hell does it "endanger Officers lives exactly? By listing their names? Isn't that public knowledge?.
It is time these government agencies are held to some sort of praise or scrutiny for the work they do.
Can you not see the benefit for a department lead to follow-up on the validity of comments posted on this site, whether good or bad?
Thetaxcrusader

United States

#4 Mar 28, 2008
Finally, a way for the citizens can voice an opinion, the only way. The government and the justice in this country has become so politisised, people's concerns or complaints never get pass their own wolves.
A good way to have better cops.
Geena

Canoga Park, CA

#5 Apr 2, 2008
I think it is a wonderful idea. Police officers should not feel like they are above the rest of us. I need to act respectful at my job, why should they get away with treating peolple in a rude manner?
GOPHER

United States

#6 Apr 3, 2008
What an idiot. Let's rank the goof balls like him. Living in a two room apartment. What a legacy he is going to leave. He sounds like he should be on the staff of the left wing democrats or a member of the ACLU. What a waste of time and energy. We need to rank the real problems of citizens. Like those who murder inocents and those who will not come forward to testifly against them because they are scared of the gangs and jerks that he is helping. This guys is a real coward. Why don't you list the gang members in your neighborhood that are dealing drugs and making life miserable for the citizens of Culver City. I know why, the police officers won't beat your sorry fanny or maybe kill your poor example of a human being. It is the cheapest shot a coward can take. What is next the girl scouts?
Lawrence Henson

Hesperia, CA

#7 Apr 7, 2008
As a former SBSD Reserve Deputy I'll simply say this; "MORE postings are needed". Nazi's (actually wores than) do exist in our Law Enforcement ranks. Murders, rapes and incompetence are rampent. GOOD COPS want the bad ones out, unfortunately the worst ones ARE NOW IN CHARGE! [email protected]
Gakarakesh

Summerville, Canada

#8 Feb 12, 2009
I am lamp son of office desk and lord of lava lamp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitmore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jewish Cop Busted Mel Gibson (Aug '06) Mar '17 Bob Masters 392
Mr. T. C. (Mar '17) Mar '17 Tedcon 2
News Museum Talk: Lumber Flumes Part 2 (Mar '10) Feb '17 randy 3
Kold Nude Nights Back 'Til New Year (Dec '16) Dec '16 Knipple Cittee newso 1
Internet plz help :) (Dec '16) Dec '16 Jess 1
anybody have any final scores frpm i-5 brawl h... (Aug '16) Aug '16 rbcaver 2
News Memorial Day ceremonies have personal touch (May '15) Jun '15 Birds Landing Bob 3

Whitmore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitmore Mortgages