Church makes quick work of new home

Kitchen helpers, from left, Aaron Caldwell, Sylvia Mosley and Diane Swaney fed volunteer workers. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Minister

United States

#21 Sep 12, 2009
And what should you do with what you learn?

Joshua 1:8
8 This book of the law should not depart from your mouth, and you must in an undertone read in it day and night, in order that you may take care to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way successful and then you will act wisely.

James 2:18-20
18 Nevertheless, a certain one will say:“You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith apart from the works, and I shall show you my faith by my works.” 19 You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith apart from works is inactive?

Wow, so even the demons know the truth an believe there is one God but they "shudder". So knowing and believing is not enough. One must apply the truth in ones life.

What else should we do with what we learn?

continued...
Minister

United States

#22 Sep 12, 2009
What else should we do with what we learn?

2 Timothy 4:2
2 preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all long-suffering and [art of] teaching.

2 timothy 4:5
5 You, though, keep your senses in all things, suffer evil, do [the] work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.

Some people today are criticized for preaching door to door and on the streets and in the market places.

Now, if you're following something or someone or their teachings, do they fit in accordance to the truth that the Bible teaches? Do you know what the Bible really teaches? How about asking yourself or them about the following topics.

continued...
Minister

United States

#23 Sep 12, 2009
What do they teach about...
Marriage-Hebrews 13:4
4 Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers.
Divorce-Matthew 19:9
9 I say to YOU that whoever divorces his wife, except on the ground of fornication, and marries another commits adultery.”
Sexual Morality-1 Corinthians 6:18
18 Flee from fornication. Every other sin that a man may commit is outside his body, but he that practices fornication is sinning against his own body.
and how do they uphold Bible standards on these subjects?
1 Corinthians 5:9-13
9 In my letter I wrote YOU to quit mixing in company with fornicators, 10 not [meaning] entirely with the fornicators of this world or the greedy persons and extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, YOU would actually have to get out of the world. 11 But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. 12 For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do YOU not judge those inside, 13 while God judges those outside?“Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves.”
Notice in verse 10 it's not talking about unbelievers or those who have not found the truth or we would have to "get out of the world" completely but it's giving direction on upholding bible standards amongst believers or as it states in verse "quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother" who is not living in accordance to the scriptures and it states further "Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves.”
Do you know which organization has been highly criticized for "disfellowshipping" or removing such persons (who do not live in accordance to bible standards) from the organization?
Continued...
Minister

United States

#24 Sep 12, 2009
How about:
WAR-Matthew 5:44-47
44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?

1 John 3:10-12
10 The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message which YOU have heard from [the] beginning, that we should have love for one another; 12 not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother. And for the sake of what did he slaughter him? Because his own works were wicked, but those of his brother [were] righteous.

Should we then participate in warfare?

Some people after witnessing Jesus perform miracles, wanted to make him King by force. What did Jesus do?

John 6:15
15 Therefore Jesus, knowing they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain all alone.

continued...
Minister

United States

#25 Sep 12, 2009
Prejudice
Is there a master race or a "better, chosen" race?

Acts 10:34,35
34 At this Peter opened his mouth and said:“For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.

How about use of images in worship?

Exodus 20:4,5
4 “You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth. 5 You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation, in the case of those who hate me;

I could go on and on, but this is enough to get someone started in the right direction. Also its good to pray and ask God for guidance, wholeheartedly.
Minister

United States

#26 Sep 12, 2009
red blood relative wrote:
<quoted text>
you poor thing,...did you get deceived by the jws literature that claims jesus returned in 1874 errr, um, 1914 err.
careful now, satan is an expert angel of light.
Don't rely solely on literature, do the biblical research, the bible is accurate on it's prophesy.

Here's some help.

Line of Kingdom rulers interrupted, 607 B.C.E -Ezekiel 21:25-27
"seven times" to pass until rule restored-Daniel 4:32, 16,17
Seven = 2x3.5 times or 2x1260 days - Revelation 12:6, 14 ; 11:2,3
A day for a year (makes 2520 years)- Ezekiel 4:6 ; Numbers 14:34
To run until Kingdom establishment - Luke 21:24 ; Daniel 7:13,14

The war began in the heavens. Satan and his demons were cast out of the heavens by Jesus and limited to roaming about on the earth. Knowing his time is short, he and his legions have caused the changes we see in the world since that time. Prove it to yourself. Do the research.
Minister

United States

#27 Sep 12, 2009
red blood relative wrote:
<quoted text>
you poor thing,...did you get deceived by the jws literature that claims jesus returned in 1874 errr, um, 1914 err.
careful now, satan is an expert angel of light.
Hers some more:
Revelation 12:7-9
7 And war broke out in heaven: Mi´cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

Matthew 24:3-14
3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying:“Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
4 And in answer Jesus said to them:“Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying,‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.
7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
Snorkler

South Africa

#28 Sep 12, 2009
colin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you "spoke in tongues does not mean you are saved" the subject of tongues is another subject which deserves another forum, but I will say this that in all the time I have been reading the Bible seriously 23 years I have never come across a scripture where it says that Jesus spoke in tongues as a sign have you? I have found "The Truth" but I did not find it in any books from the watchtower organization I found it in the Very Word of God The Bible "The Truth being Jesus Christ" why not study people can the Bible alone God
You Babtists have more books than a library.
Snorkler

South Africa

#29 Sep 12, 2009
kikymaloba wrote:
<quoted text>wow i love jehova like my whole soul i wish to die just for his love thers' no greater satisfution than knowing that you right whith the most high.i love jahova,i love jehova i dont' know what mre to say.
Hello there my niebour , i love your country , have been there awhile back i traveled through Mozambique and tanzania with a friend on bikes , we went as far as Victoria lake we visited Ongoro and Kilimanjaro,we even witnessed the migration of wildberbees and Zebra ,i will never forget your lovely Country.

I am so glad that you love Jehova , i love him too,are you studying with the Witnesses ?
smarter than most

Madisonville, KY

#30 Sep 12, 2009
i was married to a jehovas witness. them people are nuking futs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitmire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: RTS LLC (Dec '12) Sep 11 Kirby Lover 15
14-year-old Girl Dies Week After Golf Cart Fall (Jan '08) Sep 9 FearGod-ForChange 16
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sep 8 mossad was hacked 1,150
Waste Not Technologies is a Fraud - (Feb '10) Aug 30 Remington Winchester 5
SCDPS: Trooper who arrested NFL player for spee... Aug 22 Guest 1
Any one knows John Birch from Boothill band? (Aug '09) Aug 19 Your mom 16
Scam Alert, the "We'll pay you to decal your ca... Aug '14 captianobvious 1
•••
Whitmire Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Whitmire Jobs

•••
•••