Church makes quick work of new home

Church makes quick work of new home

There are 30 comments on the Newberry Observer story from Apr 6, 2009, titled Church makes quick work of new home. In it, Newberry Observer reports that:

Kitchen helpers, from left, Aaron Caldwell, Sylvia Mosley and Diane Swaney fed volunteer workers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newberry Observer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
david okumu

Nairobi, Kenya

#1 Jun 29, 2009
i love the pose of the brothers completly expressing
satisfaction with thier assigment.the sisters are great and the brothers warm smile reminds one of ouraproach at the door .you must be warm and enthusiastic
colin

Millport, UK

#2 Jun 29, 2009
you can have all the kingdom halls that you want and they can be full of people, but unless God builds the house you labour in vain, anywhere that the death burial and resurrection is preached and sinners are brought into the kingdom by being born again that is what the will of God is (God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance)

Here is a link to a tribal ministry that I know of personally and know missionaries that are personal friends of mine that are planting Churches scripturally

http://www.ntm.org/
eagleeye

Overland Park, KS

#3 Jun 29, 2009
colin wrote:
you can have all the kingdom halls that you want and they can be full of people, but unless God builds the house you labour in vain, anywhere that the death burial and resurrection is preached and sinners are brought into the kingdom by being born again that is what the will of God is (God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance)
Here is a link to a tribal ministry that I know of personally and know missionaries that are personal friends of mine that are planting Churches scripturally
http://www.ntm.org/
You are becoming more and more sour in your outlook, Colin.

It is revealing watching the effect hatred of Jehovah's Witnesses has on people. Even in what they type on their computers, a steady deterioration can be seen.
dee

Williamston, SC

#4 Jun 29, 2009
eagleeye wrote:
<quoted text>
It is revealing watching the effect hatred of Jehovah's Witnesses has on people. Even in what they type on their computers, a steady deterioration can be seen.
LOL
colin

Dorchester, UK

#5 Jun 29, 2009
eagleeye wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no hatred for Jehovahs witnesses eagleye I hate the watchtower organization that eliminates the real truth from peoples lives Jesus Christ

Psalms 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Since: Jun 09

Nairobi, Kenya

#6 Jun 30, 2009
colin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no hatred for Jehovahs witnesses eagleye I hate the watchtower organization that eliminates the real truth from peoples lives Jesus Christ
Psalms 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
WOW!!I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT RESPONSE,OUT OF A COMMENT I POSTED.WOW!!COLIN I TOO HATED WATCHTOWERS I WAS SAVED FILED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT SPOKE IN TONGUES I ACTUALLY SENT JEHOVAS WITTINESS AWAY BUT WHEN ONE DAY THE LEFT ME A BOOK I READ IT AND FOUND ANSWERS THAT MY 20YRS AS A SAVED SPIRTFILLED PERSON COULD NOT ANSWER SO I HOPE YOU TOO WILL CONTINUE YOUR SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH AS YOU KNOW IT AND IT WILL LEAD YOU TO THE SATISFACTION YOUR LOOKING FOR
UNchained

Rogersville, TN

#7 Jun 30, 2009
kikymaloba wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!!I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT RESPONSE,OUT OF A COMMENT I POSTED.WOW!!COLIN I TOO HATED WATCHTOWERS I WAS SAVED FILED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT SPOKE IN TONGUES I ACTUALLY SENT JEHOVAS WITTINESS AWAY BUT WHEN ONE DAY THE LEFT ME A BOOK I READ IT AND FOUND ANSWERS THAT MY 20YRS AS A SAVED SPIRTFILLED PERSON COULD NOT ANSWER SO I HOPE YOU TOO WILL CONTINUE YOUR SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH AS YOU KNOW IT AND IT WILL LEAD YOU TO THE SATISFACTION YOUR LOOKING FOR
Are you a Jehovah's Witness now?

colin

Dorchester, UK

#8 Jun 30, 2009
kikymaloba wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!!I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT RESPONSE,OUT OF A COMMENT I POSTED.WOW!!COLIN I TOO HATED WATCHTOWERS I WAS SAVED FILED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT SPOKE IN TONGUES I ACTUALLY SENT JEHOVAS WITTINESS AWAY BUT WHEN ONE DAY THE LEFT ME A BOOK I READ IT AND FOUND ANSWERS THAT MY 20YRS AS A SAVED SPIRTFILLED PERSON COULD NOT ANSWER SO I HOPE YOU TOO WILL CONTINUE YOUR SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH AS YOU KNOW IT AND IT WILL LEAD YOU TO THE SATISFACTION YOUR LOOKING FOR
Just because you "spoke in tongues does not mean you are saved" the subject of tongues is another subject which deserves another forum, but I will say this that in all the time I have been reading the Bible seriously 23 years I have never come across a scripture where it says that Jesus spoke in tongues as a sign have you? I have found "The Truth" but I did not find it in any books from the watchtower organization I found it in the Very Word of God The Bible "The Truth being Jesus Christ" why not study people can the Bible alone God
colin

Dorchester, UK

#9 Jun 30, 2009
EDIT

why not study people can the Bible alone God

Should read

why not study the Bible alone God cannot lie

Nairobi, Kenya

#10 Jul 6, 2009
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
wow i love jehova like my whole soul i wish to die just for his love thers' no greater satisfution than knowing that you right whith the most high.i love jahova,i love jehova i dont' know what mre to say.

Nairobi, Kenya

#11 Jul 6, 2009
colin wrote:
EDIT
why not study people can the Bible alone God
Should read
why not study the Bible alone God cannot lie
sorry colin i didnt' get you question

Nairobi, Kenya

#12 Jul 6, 2009
eagleeye wrote:
<quoted text>
i think colins is right he just doent' know what it means to be a worshiper of jah,once he does he'll chang his perspectiv like i did

Nairobi, Kenya

#13 Jul 6, 2009
if you'v found the truth we are both happy.the best and the only thing you get out of life is happiness and no more therfor jesus' sermons mentioned happiness as a reward inmany of his sayings
colin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you "spoke in tongues does not mean you are saved" the subject of tongues is another subject which deserves another forum, but I will say this that in all the time I have been reading the Bible seriously 23 years I have never come across a scripture where it says that Jesus spoke in tongues as a sign have you? I have found "The Truth" but I did not find it in any books from the watchtower organization I found it in the Very Word of God The Bible "The Truth being Jesus Christ" why not study people can the Bible alone God
UNchained

Rogersville, TN

#14 Jul 6, 2009
UNchained wrote:

kikymaloba wrote:
<quoted text>wow i love jehova like my whole soul i wish to die just for his love thers' no greater satisfution than knowing that you right whith the most high.i love jahova,i love jehova i dont' know what mre to say.
That didn't answer the question.

Let's try again...

Are you a baptized Jehovah's Witness who is in association with the 'faithful and discreet slave' and the spirit-directed organization that uses the Watchtower Society as a publishing entity?

red blood relative

United States

#15 Jul 6, 2009
kikymaloba wrote:
you poor thing,...did you get deceived by the jws literature that claims jesus returned in 1874 errr, um, 1914 err.
careful now, satan is an expert angel of light.
colin

Dorchester, UK

#16 Jul 6, 2009
kikymaloba wrote:
<quoted text> i think colins is right he just doent' know what it means to be a worshiper of jah,once he does he'll chang his perspectiv like i did
wrong kikymaloba I have been worshipping God for 23 years now I know what true worship is

its a shame that you have been blinded by the god of this world, to the truth of the real God of the Bible

consider this thought

"True worship is God-centered worship. People tend to get caught up in where they should worship, what music they should sing in worship, and how the worship looks to other people. Focusing on these things completely misses the point. Jesus tells us that true worshipers will worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). This means we worship from the heart and the way God has designed. Worship can include praying, reading God's Word with an open heart, singing, participating in communion, and serving others. It is not limited to one act, but is done properly when the heart and attitude of the person are in the right place.

Here is a challenge for you kikymaloba ask yourself this question

do you do these acts in your worship of God?

worship from the heart
praying
singing
participate in communion
worship Jesus Christ (Hebrews 1:6)
Minister

United States

#17 Sep 11, 2009
As I read these post, and maybe I shouldn't, I feel like I should encourage you all to read the following scriptures because that's where the truth is, in the scriptures.

Matthew 7:15-23
15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit; 18 a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits YOU will recognize those [men].
21 “Not everyone saying to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

Clearly Jesus gave us a way to distinguish the teachers or followers of truth from the rest, "by their fruits".

Right before he said that, he said:

Matthew 7:13,14
13 “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.

So here we see how Jesus warned that it wasn't going to be a popular or common path to follow and surely not easy.

So how do we find it?

continued...
Minister

United States

#18 Sep 11, 2009
So how do we find it?

2 Timothy 3:16
16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Obviously here we see that the Bible is the road map to the truth.

So now lets see who would NOT be on that narrow road.

1 CORINTHIANS 6:9,10
9 What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom.

But does this mean that if you did these things in your life at some point you're a lost case or that everyone on that narrow road never did such things?

1 Corinthians 6:11
11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

So why were so many people going through the "broad and spacious road leading into destruction" who couldn't find the narrow road?

continued...
Minister

United States

#19 Sep 11, 2009
So why were so many people going through the "broad and spacious road leading into destruction" who couldn't find the narrow road?

2 Timothy 4:3,4
3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.

Matthew 15:7-9
7 YOU hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU, when he said, 8 ‘This people honors me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines.’”

So what direction should we take?

continued...
Minister

United States

#20 Sep 12, 2009
So what direction should we take?

John 17:3
3 This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

Again it's very clear "their taking in knowledge" of God and Jesus. How?

Psalms 1:1,2
1 Happy is the man that has not walked in the counsel of the wicked ones,
And in the way of sinners has not stood,
And in the seat of ridiculers has not sat.
2 But his delight is in the law of Jehovah,
And in his law he reads in an undertone day and night.

So this means read and study the Bible meditating on what you read.

And what should you do with what you learn?

continued...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitmire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton mentions South Carolinaa s black infant... Thu Oh No You Di-nt 5
Reidville Road McDonalds (Aug '10) Jun 30 hunterbs 6
The Midnight Sun (Mar '10) Jun '16 Yeah Right 16
News County Council District 2 answer questions Jun '16 Lksuber 1
News Democratic candidates for House District 40 fac... Jun '16 Lksuber 1
Spartanburg Music Selection (Aug '12) Jun '16 Musikologist 15
News Nikki Haley Supports Spartanburg "Resettlement"... (Apr '15) Jun '16 davy 46

Whitmire Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitmire Mortgages