Board of Education
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Parent too

Wartburg, TN

#1 Dec 26, 2012
Any idea on who is to get the $55,000.00 dollar job they created?
concerned parent

Oliver Springs, TN

#2 Dec 26, 2012
Parent too wrote:
Any idea on who is to get the $55,000.00 dollar job they created?
One would think they would be worried about the safety of our children. They already have a finance officer so why create the position for another one. You can tell what their priorities are.
political

Whitley City, KY

#3 Dec 27, 2012
concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text>One would think they would be worried about the safety of our children. They already have a finance officer so why create the position for another one. You can tell what their priorities are.
This was a political move. Someone was promised this job before election and now the bd members who voted for it and super are fullfilling the promise. Just wait and see.
concerned parent

Oliver Springs, TN

#4 Dec 27, 2012
political wrote:
<quoted text>This was a political move. Someone was promised this job before election and now the bd members who voted for it and super are fullfilling the promise. Just wait and see.
I hadn't thought of it like that. but it makes sense they waited till after the election to create the job.OMG
Not Surprised

London, KY

#6 Dec 29, 2012
Just give it time, the state will come in and will close McCreary County Schools down just like they did Monticello Independent.
Pine Knot voter

Whitley City, KY

#9 Dec 29, 2012
I think they forgot their promise "KIDS FIRST".
It was Central Office first.
duh

Oliver Springs, TN

#11 Dec 30, 2012
I have noticed not many replys to these posts. Its all true. Like pine knot voter said the promise was "KIDS FIRST" but they voted for creating another job. I can't beleive they went with Mr. Wright and added another job. Rumor is more teachers are going to be cut. Any extra money for jobs should benefit the children. If it weren't for the kids there wouldn't be a school district.
HOSS

Pine Knot, KY

#12 Dec 30, 2012
THE SCHOOL BOARD RACE IS OVER QUIT CRYING ITS NO WORSE THAN IT WAS BEFORE,GET A LIFE.
Cry

United States

#13 Dec 30, 2012
Stop crying!
Parent

Stearns, KY

#14 Dec 30, 2012
duh wrote:
I have noticed not many replys to these posts. Its all true. Like pine knot voter said the promise was "KIDS FIRST" but they voted for creating another job. I can't beleive they went with Mr. Wright and added another job. Rumor is more teachers are going to be cut. Any extra money for jobs should benefit the children. If it weren't for the kids there wouldn't be a school district.
It's not a rumor; the school system is looking at some serious cuts at the end of this school year.
duh

Oliver Springs, TN

#15 Dec 30, 2012
HOSS wrote:
THE SCHOOL BOARD RACE IS OVER QUIT CRYING ITS NO WORSE THAN IT WAS BEFORE,GET A LIFE.
nobody is crying just stating facts "HOSS". I want my children to be their first concern not creating new jobs when one already exists for said position. Could care less who board members are. In fact I voted for one of the ones elected. But I'll know better next time not to believe their lies.
Not Surprised

London, KY

#16 Jan 1, 2013
Trust me, the children are not their first concern and that makes me really sad.
Opinion

United States

#17 Jan 1, 2013
My opinion the finance officer in there now, needs a lot of help. Mr. Wright and the board, will do what best for our kids. JMO
Not Surprised

London, KY

#18 Jan 1, 2013
Opinion wrote:
My opinion the finance officer in there now, needs a lot of help. Mr. Wright and the board, will do what best for our kids. JMO

Sounds to me like we need new leadership in the central office in ever area if they are admitting that they are not smart enough to do the job. The state definitely needs to come in.
Country Politics

Oneida, TN

#19 Jan 1, 2013
Same as with the jail, seems its ran by crooks. Its all about money, power, and greed all over the world so why should it be any different in this little place?
Opinion

United States

#20 Jan 1, 2013
Not Surprised wrote:
<quoted text>.
Sounds to me like we need new leadership in the central office in ever area if they are admitting that they are not smart enough to do the job. The state definitely needs to come in.
The county showed during the election, they don't want new leadership. They are very happy with Mr Wright with the blowouts in Pine Knot and Smithtown! The board needs to give
Mr. Wright a new 4 year contract.
principal

Whitley City, KY

#21 Jan 1, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
The county showed during the election, they don't want new leadership. They are very happy with Mr Wright with the blowouts in Pine Knot and Smithtown! The board needs to give
Mr. Wright a new 4 year contract.
Well why wait until after the election to create a new position paying 55,000.00. Had the board members voted for that they may not have been re-elected now would they. Especially after cutting the SRO's and then create a new job. And most people didn't realize they were voting for Mr. Wright. They thought they were voting for people who would put their " KID FIRST" like they were promised. Time will tell how people feel about Mr. Wright.
gambler

Whitley City, KY

#22 Jan 1, 2013
Opinion wrote:
No they won't they have already proven that at the last board meeting.
someone that knows

Whitley City, KY

#23 Jan 1, 2013
Opinion wrote:
It is the LEADERSHIP not the finance officer. He has already fired one, they can't all need help. You have to have someone that knows how to run a school district. That we don't have.~JMO~
Concerned

London, KY

#24 Jan 5, 2013
Someone that knows, you are so right! We need leadership.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitley City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr yabadabado 148,963
Homewrecker 7 hr Lisa 2
Praise Jesus!!! Alcohol goes down!!!! 7 hr Interested person 3
Leigh Burke/ Biard Of Ed. 12 hr Boo 3
emmett hart Mon grocerylane 1
Velvet Bell Mon Remember her at t... 5
WHITLEY COUNTY BUS DRIVER Timothy Cedillo Mon Believe it 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitley City Mortgages