How many unsolved murders is in the c...
Sam

Oliver Springs, TN

#61 Mar 26, 2009
This one was many years ago. Never solved. Herman Hamlin.
Sam

Oliver Springs, TN

#62 Mar 26, 2009
Dang, didn't see the "next" button. Somebody already mentioned Herman! More coffee....
i heard

Huntsville, TN

#64 Mar 30, 2009
there was a hanging on rock branch school road years ago. they said he hung hisself.did he on 896
you go man

Oneida, TN

#65 Mar 31, 2009
i heard wrote:
there was a hanging on rock branch school road years ago. they said he hung hisself.did he on 896
resse he was with that babe rose
exit

United States

#66 Mar 31, 2009
what about Shorty Bryant?
so wrong

Gorham, IL

#67 Apr 11, 2010
So sad, so many people getting away with murder and seems noone trys to find out except the family. I hope everyone gets answers and justice.
Maxwell House

Sunbright, TN

#68 Apr 11, 2010
"Sad", I believe Roger King lived on Farm Ridge Road at the time of his murder.

"LPN", I've often wondered who murdered Buddy too. I know a few people who've said they've got a good idea, but nothing definite. I was brought up on Rattlesnake Ridge and had family that was on both sides of the strike war.(You probably know my dad!)
hmmm2

Brownsville, TN

#69 Jul 21, 2010
what about the man that got killed a little piece down the road from u save. across the road from a little convenience store and next to a small appliance store? happened in 2003 i beleive
told facts

Oneida, TN

#70 Nov 5, 2010
i was told by someone that new what he waw talking about it was jim fuzz who shot buddy he was shooting at the outher person in the truck .was a mistake he shot the wrong person
no way

Helenwood, TN

#71 Nov 5, 2010
jim fuzz wouldn't have killed a fly someone is trying to mislead you
Maxwell House

Mooresville, NC

#72 Nov 5, 2010
I knew Jim Fuzz fairly well. Hewas a good man who wouldn't bring harm to nobody.
curious george

Oneida, TN

#73 Nov 5, 2010
told facts wrote:
i was told by someone that new what he waw talking about it was jim fuzz who shot buddy he was shooting at the outher person in the truck .was a mistake he shot the wrong person
who is the someone who knew what they were talking about? too bad jim fuzz & "the other person in the truck" are both dead and gone and can't comment on these new "facts"
paraligal

Mcdonald, TN

#74 Nov 11, 2010
Lehi wrote:
People are afraid to say anything because the person you report it to may be on the side of those guilty of the crimes. I reported an incident to the county judge once (not Blaine) and within 15 minutes I got a call from the person I reported on. He wanted me to meet him somewhere so he could teach me a lesson so I hung up on him and luckily he never called back. I did however have someone vandalize my truck while I was away from home,$3,000 in damages. I found where they sat and watched my home and according to all the ciggarette butts, they spent some time watching.
I reported an incident to the governor in Frankfort and within two weeks was confronted by the person I complained about. Mud would be out of jail if he had give up the names of the "Big Fish" he worked for. His loyalty always made sure that as soon as he was released from prison, he had a pound of pot and an ounce of cocaine to get his business started back.
These people have tons of money and I have seen some of it (long time ago), more money than I have ever seen at one time. I also know if I say too much here I will be tracked down and done away with like so many who have tried to put them away. You all would be very surprised if you knew the people in this county who bankrolls the drugs and deaths in the county. I have probably already said too much but I am not afraid of anyone but have to go easy for my family.
These people were coming into power back in the Lardo (Glen) Lyons days and have reached untouchable status.
Welcome to McCreary County.
report to kbi dont let these people,get a way it just as much your fault for holding information
Tony Warman

Shelbiana, KY

#75 Nov 19, 2010
no one cares wrote:
What about Walkin' Jack Smith??
I was one of the Search & Rescue volunteers who searched for Jack Smith. The search lasted about a two months or until our funds ran out. We followed every lead we had at that time but no body found. The call came in of a male being hit by a car on Rattle Snake Ridge Road just around the first sharp curve after turning on Rattle Snake Ridge Road. The last lead we had, the body was found years later just two hundred feet from were we stopped looking. The search was called off by our Captain at the time do to lack of funds to operate on. I remember KSP Detective, Dexster McKenny was the investigator at that time. I was glad that they had found his body several years later but knowone was ever found guilty of the crime.
Big Sister

Whitley City, KY

#80 Sep 30, 2014
I guess there will be another unsolved murder to add to the books............it's been almost a year since Arlie Pooh Hill, III has died; 6 months since the death was declared arson. I finally watched some videos of when Pooh was brought home from Cincinnati. Probably 2/3 of the crowd was recording the procession like it was the McCrearyFest parade or something. But then you ask for help in finding out who set the fire, cue the chirping birds............
Back in MC

Corbin, KY

#81 Dec 31, 2014
Krystal Marler (SP) found her body how many yrs later?
Big Sister

Stearns, KY

#83 Jan 11, 2015
Big Sister wrote:
I guess there will be another unsolved murder to add to the books..........it's been almost a year since Arlie Pooh Hill, III has died; 6 months since the death was declared arson. I finally watched some videos of when Pooh was brought home from Cincinnati. Probably 2/3 of the crowd was recording the procession like it was the McCrearyFest parade or something. But then you ask for help in finding out who set the fire, cue the chirping birds..........
What makes me so "clueless" about my baby brother's death? Were you there? Were you with us when we died? You may think this post is "nuts", but you didn't see how hard his death was on his family this year. So no matter what you may think, I personally think someone got away with murder...
Amy

Stearns, KY

#86 Sep 15, 2015
We're coming up on the 2 year anniversary of Pooh Hill's death. I mean his murder. That's what it is, plain and simple. Help our family find the cowards who killed him. I will not stop until our family gets the answers it deserves. Contact my brother, me, MCSO or KSP. Pooh went into that house that night unselfishly-----can't someone who knows something take 5 minutes out of their day to make a phone call?
Just an opinion

Whitley City, KY

#87 Sep 27, 2015
jinglebells wrote:
I also had a family member murdered,nuttin ever said about it either,don't know if the law en forcement is just not smart enough to solve murders or just do not care. Just can not see how someone can be so cold hearted and kill another person.I myself could not sleep at night,heck if I say something that hurts someone's feelings I have a hard time sleeping. God bless those who have family members that have been murdered and not solved b/c the not knowing is very hard.
You know it's not always the law enforcements fault. Also it is not just up to every law enforcement officer to try and solve a case. There is a lot of things the DETECTIVE goes through to try and solve a murder. If there isn't enough evidence, nobody can be tried. Get an education and know what you're talking about before you bash the law enforcement around here because I think they do a damn good job.
true

Lexington, KY

#88 Oct 6, 2015
Just an opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it's not always the law enforcements fault. Also it is not just up to every law enforcement officer to try and solve a case. There is a lot of things the DETECTIVE goes through to try and solve a murder. If there isn't enough evidence, nobody can be tried. Get an education and know what you're talking about before you bash the law enforcement around here because I think they do a damn good job.
This case should've been investigated by an arson investigator. Too bad the county only has volunteer firfighters. In a big city, the arson investigator would be all over this. McCreary has too long been known for unsolved but solvable murders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitley City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 56 min usa 163,768
Internet service 5 hr Mike 1
any bi-guys (Jun '12) 6 hr Funguy 2
Jeremy Garland (Aug '09) 16 hr Rebel 33 25
Miesha wooldridge 18 hr James 1
Brian Warman and Anita Eldridge (Jun '16) Tue Vistor 39
My Opinion about Odell and Tom Smith Sun StandUpForOurCounty 3

Whitley City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance