How many unsolved murders is in the county over the years?

Posted in the Whitley City Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 75 Comments Last updated Nov 19, 2010
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wondering

Wartburg, TN

#1 Oct 15, 2008
I was wondering about this i am glad they are still looking for who murdered Roger King. I know there is other unsolved ones i just can't remeber how many, seems they get them pretty fast, another one i remeber is Collin Lawson, i didn't know him but remeber readin about it in the paper is that one still open as well? Or any others.
Mamaw

Somerset, KY

#2 Oct 15, 2008
There are several unsolved murders in McCreary County. I remember several years back Dave Letterman even said on his late night show that "If you want to get by with murder go to McCreary County KY".

There just isn't enough manpower with persistence and knowledge to be able to solve them.
Get A LIFE

Huntsville, TN

#3 Oct 15, 2008
Mamaw, you are so right. I remember that also.
Larry Whitaker

Oneida, TN

#4 Oct 15, 2008
Get A LIFE wrote:
Mamaw, you are so right. I remember that also.
When you have inbreds for police this is what happens.
Wondering

Helenwood, TN

#5 Oct 16, 2008
Shortly after the Roger King Murder, I was in a business place and overheard part of a conversation in which the owner made a remark of there being 81 unsolved murders in McCreary County.
sad life

Oneida, TN

#6 Oct 20, 2008
81 is a lot I wonder where we could find the names of them.
tired

Strunk, KY

#7 Oct 20, 2008
yeah 81 does seem alot, i always thought it was pretty safe here i to have always wondered thow how many there has been
FYI

Whitley City, KY

#8 Nov 14, 2008
As they are called McCreary County Suicides. There are more than you know and people say they commited suicide.
another1

Wartburg, TN

#9 Nov 14, 2008
Scott Shadoan
i hate this place

Whitley City, KY

#10 Nov 14, 2008
i am not suprised at all. look at the drugs around here. look at the proverty here. people do crazy shit for money. i heard it cost $4000 to get a hit on someone.
no one cares

Oneida, TN

#11 Nov 14, 2008
What about Walkin' Jack Smith??
Question

Helenwood, TN

#12 Nov 15, 2008
no one cares wrote:
What about Walkin' Jack Smith??
I knew they found him dead but didn't know it was a murder, was it really?
918BUD

Huntsville, TN

#13 Nov 15, 2008
Buddy Watson, during the strike at the mines
LPN

Wartburg, TN

#14 Nov 26, 2008
My dad Buddy Watson which was shot and killed on his way home from work during the mine strike in 1978 since his death no one utters a word about it, it's been 30 years now..........Guess we will never know who done this ??????????
jinglebells

Oakdale, TN

#15 Nov 26, 2008
I also had a family member murdered,nuttin ever said about it either,don't know if the law en forcement is just not smart enough to solve murders or just do not care. Just can not see how someone can be so cold hearted and kill another person.I myself could not sleep at night,heck if I say something that hurts someone's feelings I have a hard time sleeping. God bless those who have family members that have been murdered and not solved b/c the not knowing is very hard.
Not just their job

Columbia, SC

#16 Nov 27, 2008
You know it's not just the laws fault these murders don't get solved, it's others fault to because if you know something and don't tell they have nothing to go on. I for one could not sleep if I knew what happened and didn't report it. You may think it means nothing but, it could be really big to the law. If anyone,knows anything,about anyone you should tell it. Maybe even on here where it can be checked into. These families need to know what happened. Their loved ones are gone and someone knows where they are and what happened. It's really sad. God bless you all and may you find the answers that you should have had a long time ago.
trouble

Burnside, KY

#17 Nov 28, 2008
how the girl who hung herself from the kitchen cabinet and was a tall women too ........something about mud
The Animal

Oakdale, TN

#18 Nov 28, 2008
I was just wondering how someone could kill someone they socalled loved them and sleep at night. I had someone n my family murdered n the county and the law was so stupid 2 figure it out n the dumb wh*re got away with it. I know what happened and she does 2 I just hope that god is forgiving than she was. Someone helped her and I guess he couldn't live with it anymore so he shot hisself. He was supposed 2 b his bestfreind at that. I hope and pray that if anyone has lost a family member murdered that they get justice 2 the comdemed.
The Animal

Oakdale, TN

#19 Nov 28, 2008
yell milfred creekmore helped cover up alot of what happened. the state examier ruled my family member death a murder but milfred sad it was natural causes. the same as the girl who hung herself at muds on the cabnits. she was 5'7 and she hung herself from the cabnits. yell right. I HOPE MILFRED DIDN"T DO ANYONE ELSE LIKE THAT, BUT I WOULD SAY HE HAS!
The Animal

Oakdale, TN

#20 Nov 28, 2008
Look at Troy Baird. He butchered up a bunch of people and murdered one. He ment 2 kill all of them but only got one. It goes 2 show u that u kill someone if u do get caught u might spend a couple of years but eventually u will get out pretty quick. He should have got the death pentalty n my book or life without parole. I personly know all of the people he cut up. Some of which is my real close freinds and some family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitley City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 17 min Maverick21 2,187
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min Jay 151,548
Alcohol Sales in Stearns 34 min Buckwheat 7
25 reasons to hate the banksters (Jul '11) 6 hr lawyers gone wild 2
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 9 hr child 1,051
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 13 hr Republicans Are S... 16,150
SSI and child support (Mar '11) 17 hr 773bnr 94
•••
•••
•••

Whitley City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Whitley City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••