Man killed in Oneida car crash

Man killed in Oneida car crash

There are 81 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Mar 16, 2008, titled Man killed in Oneida car crash. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

A man was killed early this morning in a one-vehicle car crash in Oneida. Two were injured.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

Slaven family

United States

#24 Mar 17, 2008
Anthony was a good kind-hearted person. He will be greatly missed but never forgotten by all of his family and friends. Til we see you in heaven we love you!!
Uncle Larry, Aunt Debbie and family.
Slaven family

United States

#25 Mar 17, 2008
oneida wrote:
Alcohol WAS involved.Driver was drunk.So sad.He needs to be hung.
Excuse me but they were all family, Eddie Slaven, Anthony Slaven, and Steven Godsey. Anthony and Eddie were brothers and Steven Godsey was there cousin, but they were all like brothers. You dont know if Steven was drinking or not so keep your comments to yourself! This is their Uncle speaking.
Ross Slaven

United States

#26 Mar 17, 2008
This is Anthony's cousin. Anthony was a good-hearted person. It's unfortunate that his family has lost him at such a young age. Anthony was full of life, and had a great future ahead of him. Gad Bless to all the people who keep us in your prayers.
Ross Slaven

United States

#27 Mar 17, 2008
*God Bless* sorry.
Roots in Scott Co

Knoxville, TN

#28 Mar 17, 2008
The only one who has the power to condemn anyone on this earth is God. Unless you were in the car with these boys or are God and knows what happened, then you have NO right to decide what should happen to a person. And you should keep in mind that these boys have family that will be on here hoping to see encouraging words. Not senseless bickering. Slaven family, my prayers are with your family. God Bless.
vols

Oneida, TN

#29 Mar 17, 2008
god is punshing for their wrong doing
tellin it like it is

Crossville, TN

#30 Mar 17, 2008
Uncle Slaven admit your family made a bad choice that took a life and injured others, man up. Sometimes we pay for the choices of the people we run with. I'm just glad an innocent family wasn't hit, but most innocent folks are in bed at 2:30am.
air cav

United States

#31 Mar 17, 2008
vols wrote:
god is punshing for their wrong doing
Easy now.
truth speaker

AOL

#32 Mar 18, 2008
I don't believe God punishes for stupidity, he just takes his protecting hand off of them.
bart

Murfreesboro, TN

#33 Mar 18, 2008
Devoted Vol wrote:
WBIR..the time is wrong..Your article says PM, but it should be AM
a mistake like that could throw the entire earth off of it's axis.
Oh Well

Columbia, SC

#34 Mar 18, 2008
Slaven family wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but they were all family, Eddie Slaven, Anthony Slaven, and Steven Godsey. Anthony and Eddie were brothers and Steven Godsey was there cousin, but they were all like brothers. You dont know if Steven was drinking or not so keep your comments to yourself! This is their Uncle speaking.
Uncle or not,He WAS drinking and he WILL BE CHARGED.Face the facts old man.His mistake took an innocent life.Facts are hard to face.When you run around like that, it will eventually catch up to you and this time it has.
bart

Murfreesboro, TN

#35 Mar 18, 2008
all drunk drivers have families.

we're commenting on the act that was committed while drinking and driving.

if the families involved take offense, then i highly suggest you be more proactive with the other members of your clan to see that they don't make this a family tradition.

death due to drunk driving is a huge cause of death in this country.
more than any war we're either involved with now, or in the recent past.
and you see very little marching in the streets to protest or nightly left leaning news coverage.
or politicians making it their platform for election.
just shut up

Utica, KY

#36 Mar 18, 2008
can u read wrote:
<quoted text>sorry dumbjane i think i'll stay awhile. it's fun getting up in your a$s. bet you're steaming and it wasn't even about you! if you were paying your reporter you'd expect better but i bet you don't pay a thing to anybody. hope you can hold out a couple of weeks for check day.
Ok seriously. You just need to shut up. You have no room to talk coming from one of the dumbest counties in the dang state. I think you should take everybody's advice and leave this posting area and start your own. Bother someone else. You have no respect for the family that had to deal with this death. How would you like it if you or a loved one died and all people had to say in the posting area was stuff about a stupid mistake or a typing error. GET OVER IT
can u read

Franklin, TN

#37 Mar 18, 2008
just shut up wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok seriously. You just need to shut up. You have no room to talk coming from one of the dumbest counties in the dang state. I think you should take everybody's advice and leave this posting area and start your own. Bother someone else. You have no respect for the family that had to deal with this death. How would you like it if you or a loved one died and all people had to say in the posting area was stuff about a stupid mistake or a typing error. GET OVER IT
goodness gracious that's pretty cranky talk. glad you brought me back in to the conversation. wbir never changed the original story, they rewrote the whole thing some 18 hours later. very unresponsive to discerning readers like myself. but with the dumba$s nitwit defenders of bad reporting and editing (like you)i suppose there is no reason to do it right the first time. some people don't really care about accuracy; they just something to breath hard about.

with all that harsh talk you almost scared me off. i promise i will stop if you come with more of your meanness.
can u read

Franklin, TN

#38 Mar 19, 2008
just shut up wrote:
<quoted text>
where did you go shut up? did you get the blood off your lip? maybe mommy will clean you up so you can come back and play with big people.
crystal monroe - cross-

Woodworth, WI

#39 Mar 20, 2008
My prays are with you guys...
Lisa Stephens

Woodworth, WI

#40 Mar 20, 2008
my thoughts words and prayer is for steven and eddie and the slavens,live every day like it is your last be happy have fun and enjoy life have a nice or better days love always,Lisa
just shut up

United States

#41 Mar 20, 2008
No. I had better things to do then sit in here and wait for the whinny butt to repost something about what I said.
Ross Slaven

Huntsville, TN

#42 Mar 20, 2008
im with everybody that was in the wreck, except for anthony of course, but they are all good people. why dont you look in our point of view and see if you'd like it. didnt think so. this could have happened to anyone. they were out having a good time cuz anthony just got back from gerogia, and they were drinking. You also have to think about how it was rainig and the pavement was slick. im sure you drank and drove once.why dont you man up and have a little respect?!!!! huh? and to those that have respect God Bless You!! and thank you for having us in your prayers.
Ross Slaven

Huntsville, TN

#43 Mar 20, 2008
Roots in Scott Co wrote:
The only one who has the power to condemn anyone on this earth is God. Unless you were in the car with these boys or are God and knows what happened, then you have NO right to decide what should happen to a person. And you should keep in mind that these boys have family that will be on here hoping to see encouraging words. Not senseless bickering. Slaven family, my prayers are with your family. God Bless.
thank you!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitley City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump 2 hr DISSIDENT 7
Autumn King 8 hr Poor Autumn 5
Mormons Embrace Islam Fri Allen 2
McCreary Fiscal Court giving free needles to dr... Fri Truth 3
Mccreary is still sad Aug 17 Rump Ranger 3
Has anyone worked for Ron Tackett? Aug 16 NeedToKnow 6
What does Herpes look and feel like??? (Mar '09) Aug 16 maleman 21

Whitley City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance