Does ot work?
melissa

Huntsville, TN

#2 Sep 1, 2011
it*
go on a diet

Huntsville, TN

#3 Sep 1, 2011
I don't believe in any of the surgeries. They are for wimps. Diet and you will lose weight.
meee

Strunk, KY

#4 Sep 1, 2011
even wimps are entitled to some help and yes the surgery does work, most lap band surgeries are good for 50lbs or more wt. loss, but it is a long progressive agenda to get it and each person now has so much out of pocket money to pay, even medicaid and medicare.

be aware after surgery if you continue to overeat and overeat you will gain weight, so must weight the pros and cons of going through surgery and suffering if you decide to get it.
Yes

Oneida, TN

#5 Sep 1, 2011
It works but you have to follow Dr. orders.
spike

Whitley City, KY

#7 Sep 2, 2011
Is there any insurane that covers the surgery? I think I would benefit from it,I've tried,unsuccessfully for over a year to lose some pounds,I must be one of the wimps because it's such a slow process..I'm ready to do something wimpy.
meee

Strunk, KY

#9 Sep 2, 2011
there are a lot of hurdles to jump like your bmi(body mass index)must be a certain level, seems like different area use a different guideline, it certainly must be 50lbs or more overweight. you can google bmi and check it , that is exactly where to start, i believe a bmi of 38-40 is required for healthy individuals and can go down as far as 32-34 depending on any diseases (IE; heart disease, sleep apnea and diabetes). you can call your insurance provider and ask if lap band or any of the bypass surgeries are covered, be sure to check out the dr., medicare and medicaid and some insurances don't pay as much for lap band as the other surgeries and i believe some doctors do the larger surgeries in order to get more money.
meee

Strunk, KY

#10 Sep 2, 2011
but to be fair i should say lap band is not successful for patient and some require bypasses of different kinds, i like lap band because it is always reversible and if certain diseases happen long after surgery it can be removed easily, also i really believe the bigger surgeries cause alot of deficiencies in the body which do result in other diseases. i have seen alot of hair loss related to vitamin deficiencies.
meee

Strunk, KY

#11 Sep 2, 2011
should be for all patients
spike

Whitley City, KY

#12 Sep 2, 2011
Thanks meee.
no no

Huntsville, TN

#13 Sep 3, 2011
If one has to diet after having a lap band or surgery why not diet before? Is it something psychological? I look at people differently when I know they have lost it on their own. I have had a lot of experience with weight loss. Someone who tries and lost on their own has my respect. WAY TO GO. I have also know several who have had surgeries and they gain it(and more) back! Try dieting Melissa you can do it. Stay away from the knife! not worth it!
meee

Strunk, KY

#14 Sep 3, 2011
i have no experience with weight loss and it is obvious in my size, if my health allowed me to have lap band i would do it, as for bypass and the other pouch or whatever i would not, be aware i don't believe the band has ever helped with more than 100-125 lb weight loss, i am not sure of the post surgery diets,if we all ate a low fat diet we would be in better health, once i saw a diet that told the number of fat grams you could eat each day and lose weight and several people i know did lose a lot of weight on it , but it is a life style change or the weight will come back quickly, i know bread can stop up your band, so to me it is like antabuse it helps with a problem you can't control, cause if you know something will make you very ill chances are you won't do it
what ever

Bulan, KY

#15 Sep 3, 2011
go on a diet wrote:
I don't believe in any of the surgeries. They are for wimps. Diet and you will lose weight.
Not all people are over weight because of lack of exercise and over eating. There are medical conditions that can cause it to be extremely hard to lose weight. One is medibolic syndrome you can eat one meal a day and still gain weight with this condition.
As for weight loss surgery there are pros and cons. It works for some, but not others. You have to be prepared to make major lifestyle changes. They may help some health problems, but cause other ones.
lap band

Oneida, TN

#16 Sep 3, 2011
I have a lapband and it does help you to lose weight. However One still has to watch what they eat but helps give you control. I am so happy I ahve it.
outsider

Pine Knot, KY

#17 Sep 3, 2011
My mom had the lap band surgery done and her insurance paid some because she had thyroid problems which kept her from losing weight and she lost function in the bottom half of her heart. But I doubt they would pay if its just cause u wanna lose weight u have to have something medically threatening for insurance to cover it!!
face it

Huntsville, TN

#18 Sep 4, 2011
Let's face it gals and guys, some people are never going to be little. I have seen some loss 100 lbs and look weird. They still have fat arms or legs or their a$$ is still huge. Some things cannot be changed. Where you might be fat, others might be ugly! Be HAPPY with yourself and pi$$ on everyone else! It's the inside that matters!
alicesmith

Patna, India

#19 Sep 7, 2011
Lap Band Surgery is a efficient weight loss surgery in that an adjustable gastric band is wrapped over the upper part of the stomach. A person needs to follow [url=http://www.gastricbandsur gerydiet.com]Gastric Lap Bnd Surgery diet[/url] before and after Surgery.
Samatha

Parkers Lake, KY

#20 Sep 7, 2011
face it wrote:
Let's face it gals and guys, some people are never going to be little. I have seen some loss 100 lbs and look weird. They still have fat arms or legs or their a$$ is still huge. Some things cannot be changed. Where you might be fat, others might be ugly! Be HAPPY with yourself and pi$$ on everyone else! It's the inside that matters!
I agree life is too short. Hollywood has put this big idea out there that everyone should be skinny. As long as you are healthy that is what counts. Enjoy life before it is your time to exit the world. You never know when you may go to the doctor and find out you have cancer, or you get into a bad wreck. Live today like it is the last and tell your loved ones that you love them. We will only use this body for a little while.
giddy up

Oneida, TN

#21 Sep 7, 2011
Samatha wrote:
<quoted text>I agree life is too short. Hollywood has put this big idea out there that everyone should be skinny. As long as you are healthy that is what counts. Enjoy life before it is your time to exit the world. You never know when you may go to the doctor and find out you have cancer, or you get into a bad wreck. Live today like it is the last and tell your loved ones that you love them. We will only use this body for a little while.
well said
git it up

Huntsville, TN

#22 Sep 12, 2011
i know alot of people who has had this surgery they have not been well since the surgery I would advise against it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitley City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min real isaac newton 138,143
Distillery coming to Stearns 5 hr About time someth... 24
U.S.. commander -in cheif, and cadet, united st... 8 hr -pamela a stearns 1
Williamsburg schools drop to #115 (Oct '14) 21 hr good football 167
Why do men cheat on (faithful wives) online?? Thu enjoy it 11
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) May 21 cowboy 712
Poll Why are McCreary County Schools So Bad? (Mar '12) May 20 pimpaho nation 228
More from around the web

Whitley City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]