Northbridge Head Football Coach - Emb...

Northbridge Head Football Coach - Embarrassment

Posted in the Whitinsville Forum

Truth

Upton, MA

#1 Oct 10, 2013
Consequences needed for bullying incident

SOUND OFF: BLACKSTONE VALLEY TRIBUNE. 10-10-13

I just read where a Utah high school foot- ball coach suspended his entire team for cyber bullying fellow teens.

The coach was quoted as saying,“Hey, we need to focus on some other things that are more important than winning a football game.”

In Northbridge, it seems just the opposite is true with their recent case of four foot- ball players bullying a fellow teammate. The victim quit the team and the kids who did the bullying received minimal punish- ment and played in their first home game.

What message did the Northbridge school district send to their students?

The message they sent is that it’s OK to bully students as long as you play football. The entire school district from the School Committee and the school superintendent all the way down to Coach Ken Lachapelle dropped the ball on this one. The stupidity of the statements made by the Athletic Director Al Richards is beyond comprehen-

sion.
The biggest disappointment is with

Coach Ken Lachapelle. This was his oppor- tunity to use this unfortunate incident as a valuable lesson to let all the students know that the football team and school district does not tolerate bullying. The football players’ behavior was disgusting and should not have been tolerated and should have been suspended from the team for the entire season. Instead, it appears that Coach Lachapelle was more interested in winning football games then sending a strong message to the student body.

If the school superintendent was serious about sending a message about bullying she would have released a statement and informed the public on what type of disci- pline she was imposing on the students instead of remaining silent.

Let’s hope that in the future the Northbridge School District will take this type of disgusting bullying more serious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need help in identifying old tintype pictures Jan '17 Dan Marchand 1
Sutton Paving (Aug '08) Dec '16 Joe Richard 25
News Mountain lion in Petersham? Owner of injured ho... Nov '16 big Cats where it... 1
News Grafton assistant selected as Webster town admi... Nov '16 grommit 1
Unibank CEO Oct '16 Lone Ranger 1
Dan Kirouac returns to Grafton for solo perform... Oct '16 New England Music... 1
News Northbridge rolling out lower-cost electricity ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Mister Magoo 1

Whitinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitinsville Mortgages