Four finalists in Tyngsboro Town resi...

Four finalists in Tyngsboro Town resident among those angling f...

There are 10 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jan 6, 2010, titled Four finalists in Tyngsboro Town resident among those angling f.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The four finalists for town administrator include one Tyngsboro resident. Three out-of-towners and a Tyngsboro resident will compete for the town's permanent town administrator opening within the next three weeks, selectmen announced.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Tyngsborough

Londonderry, NH

#1 Jan 6, 2010
The interim town administrator should look into why the selectmen's meeting minutes take months to get approved and released. MONTHS!
Ginny

Lowell, MA

#3 Jan 6, 2010
Too busy revisiting same issues week after week OFF camera in worksessions. They don't want you to know what is going on or how stupid their discussions are. They build worksessions into their regular sessions and then shut off the camera. Haven't you got it yet?
Tyngsborough

Londonderry, NH

#4 Jan 6, 2010
Apparently not. I thought all public meetings...regardless...were subject to applicable laws regarding releasing the minutes.
Concerned citizen

Tyngsboro, MA

#5 Jan 6, 2010
Have some faith and let people do their jobs
Townie

Lowell, MA

#6 Jan 6, 2010
Concerned citizen wrote:
Have some faith and let people do their jobs
How long do you recommend we wait for the job to be done? It's been 8 months since this new board took office. I think it's reasonable to question their work ethic to date.
who-cares

Billerica, MA

#7 Jan 6, 2010
Come on---the Board of Selectmen are volunteers. One can only wonder why anyone would bother. I appreciate all of those who serve although I often dis-agree with their judgements. Tyngsboro needs a board loaded with persons that will stand up to the unions; several contracts are up for renewal. As a town resident, John Griffin, would seem to be an obvious choice for town administrator.
chubby

Billerica, MA

#8 Jan 6, 2010
$400 a day? For what? Filling a chair? Going to BOS meetings once a week? What losers came up with this deal? This BOS are stunningly wimpy and illequiped to lead.
Perplexed

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 Jan 7, 2010
who-cares wrote:
Come on---the Board of Selectmen are volunteers. One can only wonder why anyone would bother. I appreciate all of those who serve although I often dis-agree with their judgments. Tyngsboro needs a board loaded with persons that will stand up to the unions; several contracts are up for renewal. As a town resident, John Griffin, would seem to be an obvious choice for town administrator.
PLEASE TELL MY WHY GRIFFIN IS "AN OBVIOUS CHOICE"? THINGS HAVE BEEN BAD IN TOWN FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS WHILE HE HAS BEEN ON THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. HE CHANGES JOBS EVERY FEW YEARS BECAUSE HE CANT DO THE JOBS. TYNGSBORO NEEDS SOME FRESH IDEAS, NOT THE CURRENT CRONIES WHO THINK EVERYTHING IS SO ROSY.
who-cares

Andover, MA

#10 Jan 8, 2010
OK. Hope the Board selects the best candidate for the pockets of taxpayers. Tax rates went up while housing valuations are down (Prop 2 1/2). Services have been reduced, fees have been added and town employees kept their raises but are still disgruntled. The Obama stimulus is propping up the public sector at the private sector's expense. The new adminstrator will have a tough job pleasing the residents, town employees and the Board of
Selectmen.
Perplexed wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE TELL MY WHY GRIFFIN IS "AN OBVIOUS CHOICE"? THINGS HAVE BEEN BAD IN TOWN FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS WHILE HE HAS BEEN ON THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. HE CHANGES JOBS EVERY FEW YEARS BECAUSE HE CANT DO THE JOBS. TYNGSBORO NEEDS SOME FRESH IDEAS, NOT THE CURRENT CRONIES WHO THINK EVERYTHING IS SO ROSY.
Tyngsboro

AOL

#11 Jan 13, 2010
Perplexed wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, he left a long time job several years ago only because the company was bought out. He is good for the job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uxbridge Music Forum (Feb '13) Wed Musikologist 13
Northbridge high baseball Apr '16 Dave 1
Uxbridge Motocross (Jun '10) Apr '16 notracks 4
$500 reward truck spotted in uxbridge plate 577... Mar '16 mary 1
NORTHBRIDGE - Embarrassment of a Town Mar '16 Sad but True 1
The Grey Barn - depressing (Feb '14) Mar '16 Drunkbridge 3
Northbridge High School Dean of Students Mar '16 Typical Northbridge 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitinsville Mortgages