Man charged in abuse of 3 dogs

Full story: Telegram & Gazette

Police say a man savagely beat a woman's three dogs while he was living with her in Shrewsbury.
Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Jan 22, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Animal Lover

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Judged:

Jon D. Katkavich is a psychopath. He needs to be comitted to a psychiatrict hospital and kept away from animals and humans FOREVER! I hope that the judicial system throws the book at him. This is what happens to kids who come from broken homes;people who are losers and drunks.
And Justice For All

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Judged:

Has anyone every read this kids' FaceBook page?? You can EASILY tell by his posts that he is mentally unstable. For anyone interested go to his FaceBook page "Jon Deere Katkavich". This kid has been a ticking timebomb for years! I'm surprised he has already killed a person by now,(or maybe he hasn't been caught yet??)
RIP Bear

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Judged:

Why was he never arrested after abusing the other puppies? And what is with the girlfriend staying with him? Does he beat her too? What a f'ing loser. I hope he gets raped in prison.
Mary Jo Kopechne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Judged:

He should have just gotten drunk, driven a car off a bridge and drowned a young woman and then run away from the scene of the crime and taken a nap and he would have gotten in far less trouble.
SAD 4 ANIMALS

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Judged:

He needs his balls ripped off
Ted Alcoholic Kennedy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Ize so sowwy Mary Jo.
Voices From Beyond

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

Isn't this how serial killers start???
Family Affair

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

RIP Bear wrote:
Why was he never arrested after abusing the other puppies? And what is with the girlfriend staying with him? Does he beat her too? What a f'ing loser. I hope he gets raped in prison.
I heard his family bails him out of every legal problem that he has ever been in,(which I hhave heard it quite a few). Doesn't say much for his family or their belief in consequences and adult decisions.
the reaper

Franklin, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

Jon is going to get a visit.

“Lets take America Back!”

Since: Apr 07

America, U,S,A.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

Judged:

Mary Jo Kopechne wrote:
He should have just gotten drunk, driven a car off a bridge and drowned a young woman and then run away from the scene of the crime and taken a nap and he would have gotten in far less trouble.
....and elected to the United states senate for decades to come.
Tom

Sharon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Animal Lover wrote:
Jon D. Katkavich is a psychopath. He needs to be comitted to a psychiatrict hospital and kept away from animals and humans FOREVER! I hope that the judicial system throws the book at him. This is what happens to kids who come from broken homes;people who are losers and drunks.
Well who is to say that he has a problem with humans also! And maybe the dogs did attack him first and it was self defense that does happen you know!!!

Tom
screw jon

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

Judged:

Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Well who is to say that he has a problem with humans also! And maybe the dogs did attack him first and it was self defense that does happen you know!!!
Tom
uummm okkk there is no fuckin way because the dogs were very small a dauchsand puppy a babble puppy nd a pomerian nd all 3 had good temperments neva attack anyone I had been aquainted wit all 3 dogs nd love them all they r very sweet! even now afta wut they have been through they trust people nd still very sweet nd i trust them... i have 2 small dogs of my own nd if some1 had ever hurt them i would have kick their ass
i hate jon nd i have neva wish bad for any1 in my whole life but he is one person i wouldnt mind dieing
Anonymous

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

This so called man is a worthless human being who has no cares about anyone but himself. He is abusive to everyone around him including (from what I hear) his family and probably his animals at home. He should be hanged.
tolland screwed

Elkridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2010

I would like to comment about JOn gets bailed out everytime from his family. I as his fathers known person would not and will not allow this to occur.
This kid seriously needs help and a possibility of jail for a few months. He once broke into the house that I lived in and I ended up finding another place to live at for the night go figure that one out. Who's covering for who? Now I am laughing cause now he is in serious trouble with the law. I have known how this person works cause I know what he is and what he is capable of doing. Not no more being in control and having self control is common sense but being in control to cause this is not the way to go and this is where it lands him. And please do not ever use the words he made me do it cause that does not work in the 21st century. I wish u lots of luck :)
tolland screwed

Elkridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2010

responding to the enfield post. Yeah all he knows is how to text messege his family instead of dialing out. What is he scared of someone listening to his conversation guess what someone knows what he writes even though he decides to write in shorthand via text. Gee whiz people he is so fucked.
Townie

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

The kid is sociopathic filth. He should be dragged from the back of a pickup and the dropped in a barrel of lyme.
Mrs Justice

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Great, he lives in Enfield, CT, MY town. Was this girl stupid or what? Really, the first dog is severely injured and he acts all dumb and she doesn't suspect anything? Then the second dog? Then the 3rd? It's either him or the Grandmother that did this. Where was the Grandmother when all this abuse was taking place? This is unreal! These are little helpless, sweet, dogs. Does this infuriate anyone else like it is me? Whoever did this should be in prison not walking the streets! Someone suggested on here in their post to check this kid's Facebook page, that he is nuts. Why is it that there are always signs with kooks but people ignore them? Then something bad happens and the people come out with all this info on the shooter or abuser or murdered. And the police need to take this stuff seriously when someone comes to them with warnings.
yes

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Voices From Beyond wrote:
Isn't this how serial killers start???
was married to someone who probably killed my child's pet. claimed it died while we were away. he exhibits all the signs of sociopathic behavior. you'd be surprised and appalled if you knew his name and occupation. can't tell you though - he'd either seek a horrific revenge (as in the past) or sue me for slander. no - i will never feel safe, even though we're divorced. good luck to anyone in my situation.
back

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2011

this is
lalalalalala

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

First of all, he is not a psychopath at all. Everyone has problems. He never did shit to the dog(s) and he did not do shit to the girl. He does not put his hands on women or animals, especially dogs, he loves them. Unless your involved in the situation and know all the details then you have no place to talk. Leave the kid alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Whitinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug 16 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
Cock n' Kettle (Jul '08) Aug 5 SandyB 26
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Kundrot dionkie 4,699
Sutton Paving (Aug '08) Jul '14 Bobbie 23
Beatles For Sale: The tribute returns live to G... Jun '14 New England Music... 1
Northbridge Middle School cuts out all Sports Jun '14 The Vote is in 1
gia restaurant Jun '14 LYLA13 1

Search the Whitinsville Forum:
•••

Whitinsville News Video

•••
•••

Whitinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Whitinsville People Search