ANTI-ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#468 Jan 18, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if Engligh is not your first language.
Must be at a loss for words. lets see again, no religious symbols on public property, no tax man can go on church property.

mad uh?
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#469 Jan 19, 2013
ANTI-ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be at a loss for words. lets see again, no religious symbols on public property, no tax man can go on church property.
mad uh?
You will be pleased to learn that this unconstitutional tax problem is being addressed by the FFRF. They have claimed the Parsonage Allowance which is basically a tax freebie for all clergy. As they are only a 501C3 and not a church, the IRS is refusing to grant the tax break, so the challenge will end up in the Supreme Court. This is the first of many steps to come in enforcing the Constitution.
ANTI-ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#470 Jan 19, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be pleased to learn that this unconstitutional tax problem is being addressed by the FFRF. They have claimed the Parsonage Allowance which is basically a tax freebie for all clergy. As they are only a 501C3 and not a church, the IRS is refusing to grant the tax break, so the challenge will end up in the Supreme Court. This is the first of many steps to come in enforcing the Constitution.


just because the ffrf thinks it unconstituional dont mean a lot. maybe they need to check the status of ffrf. that barker guy travels all over the world spewing his religion of non religion.

he and the wife take a pretty good salary out of the kitty also.

doubt the court will even hear it and if they do the church guy wins.

parsonges are proerty of the church. tax man wont go there.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#471 Jan 20, 2013
ANTI-ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text>
just because the ffrf thinks it unconstituional dont mean a lot. maybe they need to check the status of ffrf. that barker guy travels all over the world spewing his religion of non religion.
he and the wife take a pretty good salary out of the kitty also.
doubt the court will even hear it and if they do the church guy wins.
parsonges are proerty of the church. tax man wont go there.
Unlike churches, all FFRF finances are available for public view and subject to audit.
So you think it is fair for one non profit group to get a tax break but another non profit group not to get one? Why would you hold that view?
advise

Walnut, MS

#472 Jan 20, 2013
“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

~ Chief Tecumseh
ANTI - ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#473 Jan 20, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike churches, all FFRF finances are available for public view and subject to audit.
So you think it is fair for one non profit group to get a tax break but another non profit group not to get one? Why would you hold that view?


you answered your own question. a churc is a churc. ffrf is not a church... churches do not pay taxes because they are a churc. ffrf should pay taxes because it is not a church.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#474 Jan 21, 2013
advise wrote:
“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.
When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.
When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”
~ Chief Tecumseh
I do not respect ridiculous views. I do give thanks to those who cook breakfast.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#475 Jan 21, 2013
ANTI - ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text>
you answered your own question. a churc is a churc. ffrf is not a church... churches do not pay taxes because they are a churc. ffrf should pay taxes because it is not a church.
So if FFRF changes its name to church of satan and organizes dances around the maypole it could take some of your tax dollars?
advise

Tucker, GA

#476 Jan 21, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>I do not respect ridiculous views. I do give thanks to those who cook breakfast.
That's why your a piece of shit and you have no honor.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#477 Jan 22, 2013
advise wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why your a piece of shit and you have no honor.
Please think before you write. Your response is an example of the religion virus at work - it is similar to a powerful narcotic and destroys the brain's ability to think.
If I hold the view that all car engines are made of cardboard and run on soda water, would it be honorable of you to respect that view? I am not talking about respecting me (which you obviously don't) I'm referring to the ridiculous view that I espouse.
advise

Tucker, GA

#478 Jan 22, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>Please think before you write. Your response is an example of the religion virus at work - it is similar to a powerful narcotic and destroys the brain's ability to think.
If I hold the view that all car engines are made of cardboard and run on soda water, would it be honorable of you to respect that view? I am not talking about respecting me (which you obviously don't) I'm referring to the ridiculous view that I espouse.
Thought it out very well. I don't respect you. My post was not about religion. It was advise from a great leader on how to live life. You choose to be the way you are without honor and to cause trouble for others just because they don't hold the same view as you. You are not worth my time and that post I put on this was to both sides. You chose to respond. Looks like you live with more hate than what you call logic.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#479 Jan 23, 2013
advise wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought it out very well. I don't respect you. My post was not about religion. It was advise from a great leader on how to live life. You choose to be the way you are without honor and to cause trouble for others just because they don't hold the same view as you. You are not worth my time and that post I put on this was to both sides. You chose to respond. Looks like you live with more hate than what you call logic.
Then why am I dishonorable - you know nothing about me? What makes you think I hate? I am a humanist - I try to help people.
Poor Richard

Cordova, TN

#480 Jan 23, 2013
Anyone who doesn't believe in their imaginary god is dishonorable and a "piece of shit." That is what group think is all about.
ANTI-ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#481 Jan 23, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
So if FFRF changes its name to church of satan and organizes dances around the maypole it could take some of your tax dollars?
But of course that would be fine and tha name would clearly spell out what they are so the public would not be confused. The average Joe on the street when he hears FFRF he probaly thinks they are trying to sell religion. He cant comprehend that the wording has been changed from of to from.
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#482 Jan 24, 2013
ANTI-ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text>
But of course that would be fine and tha name would clearly spell out what they are so the public would not be confused. The average Joe on the street when he hears FFRF he probaly thinks they are trying to sell religion. He cant comprehend that the wording has been changed from of to from.
So you have admitted that any organization calling itself a church and worshiping whatever it chooses is free to take your tax dollars.
Can't you see what a big rip off this is? It is the biggest scam in the nation!
ANTI-ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#483 Jan 24, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have admitted that any organization calling itself a church and worshiping whatever it chooses is free to take your tax dollars.
Can't you see what a big rip off this is? It is the biggest scam in the nation!
i know there is no legitimate church to you,and i agree there is alot of abuse.but there are some churches that are entitled to it. the abuse comes when you have a small church, and our inner cities are full of them as is the country side and it is nothing but a shame so the preacher can drive cadillacs and wear rolex watches and wear armani suits and it is a tax dodge. everything is done under the umbrella of the church.

there are however legit churches who are doing as they should
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#484 Jan 25, 2013
ANTI-ATHEIST wrote:
<quoted text>
i know there is no legitimate church to you,and i agree there is alot of abuse.but there are some churches that are entitled to it. the abuse comes when you have a small church, and our inner cities are full of them as is the country side and it is nothing but a shame so the preacher can drive cadillacs and wear rolex watches and wear armani suits and it is a tax dodge. everything is done under the umbrella of the church.
there are however legit churches who are doing as they should
Nice to see we agree on something! What is the definition of a church? Most counties allow people to avoid property taxes if they call the building (their home) a church and hold a public service there at least once/year. People jump on this bandwagon. Further anyone who works in a church as clergy (and there are no formal qualifications required) can claim all their mortgage and home/travel expenses as a tax break (parsonage allowance.) Can you see the problem here? It is so easy to set up a "church" and rip off the local community by avoiding property taxes and thus raising them for everyone else and avoiding income taxes. What a scam? What makes this even worse is that "churches" are normally not subject to audit and do not report to the IRS as a regular 501C3. It is a license for abuse. Perhaps, you do know a church which is fairly honest, but no matter how hard they try, they are still avoiding the property taxes that the rest of us must pay and the clergy is probably avoiding income taxes. Wouldn't you agree that churches should be subject to the same financial rules as other non profit groups?
Auntie Theist

Tucker, GA

#485 Jan 30, 2013
This religious discussion has moved to the Jackson forum as local Christians seem to be unwilling or unable to defend their position.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#486 Jan 30, 2013
Auntie Theist wrote:
This religious discussion has moved to the Jackson forum as local Christians seem to be unwilling or unable to defend their position.
It must be tough on them to continuously defend unsubstantiated myths and superstitions.
ANTI-ATHEIST

Oakland, TN

#487 Jan 30, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be tough on them to continuously defend unsubstantiated myths and superstitions.
Well it is about time you showed up. Whats new besides your hate being larger.

you know there is a simple solution to your post. just dont come here and read it.

face it man you love to spread that hate of religion of non religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whiteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrissy King what is up with her? 3 hr Who knows 2
Who's the guy in the Black Tacoma ? 6 hr Katie1992 1
3-way grocery Nov 22 boomhower 10
maxwells girls Nov 22 hjfk 1
Victoria Howell (Sep '14) Nov 19 Robin egg 5
Patrick Pierce Nov 19 Robin egg 2
What Are They Building Next To Dr Walters Nov 19 Robin egg 3

Whiteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whiteville Mortgages