East Liverpool, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

Judged:

Please click on the link and scroll to the bottom to see the lawsuit your tax dollars paid for. It is a shame that we have a shriff that lied while attacking a fine African American woman. These unacceptable actions of Sheriff Chris Batten have cost us all.

http://www.columbusco.org/minutes/2000s/2006-...
I Lied

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

Judged:

“Beginning in the early part of 2005, I received information that I believed warranted further
investigation,” said Sheriff Chris Batten.“In my effort to have that done, I may have made
statements that suggested that Ms. Scott did something wrong” said Sheriff Batten.“There is no
evidence to suggest that Marva Scott or any other employee of the Department of Social Services
mishandled any funds, destroyed evidence or was involved in any other improprieties that warrants
the attention of this office or any other law enforcement agency.”
Did you know that you paid for this lie? Do we really need a Sheriff who is untruthful?
Dishonest Batten

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

Judged:

He is a slug that has become a thug. He must go. remove Batten. http://www.topix.com/city/whiteville-nc
viewer

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

Judged:

chris is a good sherif, the ones that don't like him are the crooks that cannot get there way .
Amos Perkins

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

Judged:

Here are a few of the Federal Lawsuits filed against Batten...http://dockets.justia .com/search?q=Chris++Batten
Amos Perkins

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

Good sheriff

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

Judged:

Which crooks would that be? the ones who do not pay him off by supporting his campaign or the campaigns of the corrupt machine? do you think a sheriff that tells lies is "a good sheriff." look what he did to Marva Scott, a decent african american that was a hard worker. he lied on her and it is a matter of public record. he also lied claiming the sbi "told him to do it" as he stormed and seized the dss building without just cause or a proper warrant.the sbi would later say they told him no such. that is why columbus county taxpayers(and insurance) paid marva nearly $200,000 and your good sheriff had to apologize. what about the lie he told when frink hung himself? he claimed he didn't share critical info with robeson county because his association told him hippa would not let him do such, even though the guy was suicidal. his association came out later in the morning star all but calling him a liar. By whose standards is he ‘a good sheriff?’ Columbus county corrupt officials?
John Butler

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

Wow. I did not know this about the lawsuit Columbus County had to pay. The sheriff should have had to pay this and we all should have been made aware. So many times Columbus County sweeps its dirt under a rug and away from the rest of us, the taxpayers and the voters. The sheriff clearly lied and it cost us all. How many more things do we not know about?
linenbuyer

Thorofare, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

Judged:

I am glad everyone has Batten's number because he is difinitely corrupt. He and his dirty detectives do things and think no one is going to call them on it. I have a bone to pick with him and his staff and I will get to the bottom of this if it takes me the rest of my life. I have never read so much about how corrupt that whole county is and how they all protect each other. I am not a Columbus county resident and never would I be as long as Batten is in office. Get rid of him and maybe the rest of the cancer he works with will go too.
V soon

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

Judged:

Linenbuyer, Batten and most of those in elected office in Columbus County are corrupt. The average Columbus County resident is poor and uneducated and believe most of what they are told. Batten and his thugs thrive off of the good folks of the county. Backroom dealings plague the area. Many of the judges take bribes through the attorneys by way of "campaign contributions." Child custody cases are traded like gambler's cards. But Batten is among the worst of them, he is a liar, a bully and a thief.
Linenbuyer

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Judged:

V soon, thank you for your comments, it just confirms what I know about them. As a matter of fact you are dead on with the judges and attorneys concerning Batten. I have contacted at least 5 N.C.officials and 4 or 5 attorneys to help me with the
situation I am trying to get resolved. No one wanted to get involved when I mentioned Batten and his cronies. Unbelievable that we live in this kind of world. I am still trying so if anyone knows anyone who would be able to help with a civil suit and possibly a criminal charge, please let me know. I would love for them to get what they deserve.
Liar liar Chris Batten

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2011

Judged:

Liar liar Chris Batten has told so many lies that you never know when he is telling the truth. Battens do not have a good name around Columbus County and Sheriff Chris Lee Batten only confirms this. His red neck deep voiced mouth has cost every single taxpayer and he should be ashamed. He should have to pay us back as well, the $195,000 paid to Marva Scott for the lie he told. The court, in the settlement to her, required that he apologize. I wonder how much the insurance went up due to his lying mouth and the big payout. Get rid of a liar, remove Sheriff Chris Batten. Is this the example that a chief law enforcement officer should set?
Soles

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Judged:

Shameful this man is a Sheriff. he must go or this county's reputation will suffer. Any self-respecting law enforcement officer should steer cleer of him. I cannot help but wonder if he paid his attorney's fees or if the taxpayers paid for his attorneys in addition to the settlement. The public should be made aware of what kind of person they have as head of their top law enforcement dept.
Jamie

Conway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

Judged:

If the DA would pay the sheriff off or help him throw a few cases he would love the DA. That is how it is played in Columbus County. Ring ring, "Hello" "Hi this is Mr. Lawyer." "Oh I was waiting for your call." "The trial's tomorrow at 9:30." "Yep, I see, do you have my fee?" "Yes I do or I could represent your cousin in her divorce for nothing." "Nope, times are hard, she's on her own." "I see I was only thinking about the barter system, times are hard." "My officer will be sick for the $5,000 we spoke of and he will not show again." "I'm sending it on over."
Next day: Prosecuting witness does not show and the judge dismisses the case. The DWI offender, a local business owner and a supporter of certain campaigns-walks. Now that's real justice, Columbus County style.
Ted Williams

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Judged:

I have a name for the Sheriff, how about "the sheriff who cried wolf?"
Bill Morgan

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

Judged:

Sheriff Chris Lee Batten has got away with so much. He will pass a stopped school bus, without his bluelight on, only to stop a few blocks later for gas. He bullies some of the county commissioners or at least the ones who hold him to task. H is upset with this new prosecutor most likely due to the fact that the new prosecutor follows the law. It must be a nightmare for Batten who has helped to cover up crimes of his friends. Look at the "Little Abby" case that will soon be out. This child was raped, period. The sheriff helped sweep the matter under the rug and would have gotten away with it if his pal Rex Gore had of been put back in office. It did not happen and Batten and the Gores should go to jail.
Les Walker

Conway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2011

Judged:

He is the biggest liar that the area has seen. No one has any respect for Chris Batten. Earning the name as liar Batten brings shame on the county. I heard one of my kids saying "You tell a Batten." I asked what they meant and they said that they were calling the other child a liar or a fibber in a nice way. My daughter went on to say that Chris Batten the sheriff, it was told at school lied more than Pinokio. Sad folks but true. Vote out Batten.
mike smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2011

Judged:

This wife beating racist man needs our prayers. How he could stay in is due to that corrupt machine. He is a criminal that should be behind bars. The public needs to know what they have in Mr. Batten but unfortunately the only local paper has become a huge part of the problem and responsible for covering up the local corruption. This man is a liar and his sins will catch up with him sooner or later.
Peepsboro NC

New Bern, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

Oh wow! I am ashamed at some of these comments! So, your saying its time to get rid of Chris Batten? You saying Columbus County residents are poor and uneducated?? How many writing these comments voted in those wonderful county commisioners? Or the Judges that sit on the Bench or for that matter the DA.. Wanna talk about the DSS? Here you go! It is known that when there is something to give away ie: power payments, free rent, cheese, and Christmas the nice folks over at DSS tell their friends and guess whos lined up!? Leaving the poor elderly person in the line to be told NO when they get a turn to apply.. The Christmas stuff that everyone takes or gives for Children.. I have over heard women say my friend at DSS said to apply. I ask why and they say so my kids can have a lot for Christmas.. It made me sick and I will never give to the DSS again.
So my point is this.... The Sheriff works for the County.. the commissioners work for thier friends and selves. Judges are PAWNS IN A GAME..DAs are the checkmate of the wealthy. When we finally got rid of Rex Gore we all thought things were going to be diffrent? So, if your going to throw stones and make accusations then there is a whole big list of people in the game. Who has the guts to name names and recieve the glory?
To Peepsboro

Conway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

Well as for the old folks that is why we have "Cuz" Worley and the Department of Aging. Oops I almost forgot. He had nearly $800,000 disappear from his budget and cannot explain whence it went. The County refuses to investigate it. I recall Pantano bringing this to our attention. Remember Dempsy Herring and the funds that got misplaced under his watch? He killed himself without explaining and they named the courthouse annex after him. Let's see "Cuz" is involved in this molested child's cover-up as is the Sheriff and former DA. You will soon see about this. And thank you for having the guts to speak out. Be careful though, they will call you a racist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Whiteville Discussions

Search the Whiteville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 29 min State of Florida 56,402
Chief Marty Lewis washing cars 38 min Smiley 27
'Rev. Jeremy Cribb' ministry site posted, then ... (Mar '10) Mon wisernow 447
Fair Bluff police officer charged with secret p... Jul 23 mars 7
Pulitzer Prize-winning NC newspaper publisher dies (Oct '09) Jul 21 HLH 3
Anybody remember Colcor ?? (Jul '08) Jul 13 goldcatcher 19
Why did they go after Ron Hewitt? Jul 13 mars 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Whiteville Jobs

•••