Authorities: Between $25 and $60 mill...

Authorities: Between $25 and $60 million in pot seized

There are 54 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jun 25, 2008, titled Authorities: Between $25 and $60 million in pot seized. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

According to the U.S. Attorney General Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the county-wide marijuana raids that started Tuesday have so far led to the seizure of between $25 and $60 million worth of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bubba Gump Seafood

Arcata, CA

#41 Jun 25, 2008
You'd be surprized mark twain. I'm sure many growers are business oriented enough to know they need to pay some taxes and keep their credit scores up. You can't stay off the radar forever. My fleet of shrimp boats catches a lot of bud er shrimps.
Stinky Buttkiss

Arcata, CA

#42 Jun 25, 2008
For real, show me the money. Where are the toys?
Mark Twain- Trinidad CA

Eureka, CA

#43 Jun 25, 2008
Bristol wrote:
<quoted text>
What dark hole did you pull that "fact" out of?
There are very good statistics - lung cancer, car wreck, alcoholism etc. when added up, well...
Wowwy

Whitethorn, CA

#44 Jun 25, 2008
I would love to see $$ it cost for this operation of gov. bullshit to be matched and distributed to the fire departments in No.Calif. Local fires are raging! Not enough crews, engines, etc... The gov. officials need to grab a shovel & help do some real work for us tax payers!
Bristol

Eureka, CA

#45 Jun 25, 2008
Mark Twain- Trinidad CA wrote:
<quoted text>
There are very good statistics - lung cancer, car wreck, alcoholism etc. when added up, well...
"Well..."
Well what?
Yur brain is soggy, or something.
Peace out, Dude.
Randy M

Eureka, CA

#46 Jun 25, 2008
Wowwy wrote:
I would love to see $$ it cost for this operation of gov. bullshit to be matched and distributed to the fire departments in No.Calif. Local fires are raging! Not enough crews, engines, etc... The gov. officials need to grab a shovel & help do some real work for us tax payers!
Let it burn!
Ernie

Mckinleyville, CA

#47 Jun 25, 2008
Jeezuz, so many whiners in Humboldt. Hey, Theo, you must have all the insight into these busts (all 215 grows)! Can you squirt a few more tears?

Legit 215 grows should be protected. Big grows shouldn't. Either legalize the shite, or get your flippin' card.

I can't believe all the babies in this thread! Get a flippin' life!!!
Phillup McCreviss

Amity, OR

#48 Jun 25, 2008
If there was no risk involved, there would be a lot less money to be made. I do think these $ numbers released to the media are awfully inflated.
Randy M

Eureka, CA

#49 Jun 25, 2008
Phillup McCreviss wrote:
If there was no risk involved, there would be a lot less money to be made. I do think these $ numbers released to the media are awfully inflated.
I agree the figures are inflated.
Just like all the stastics the 215 people use in trying to convince us it's "medicine".
hmmm

Arcata, CA

#50 Jun 26, 2008
mug shots will be next
sam

Reno, NV

#51 Jun 26, 2008
why are you crooked porky's lying to people? get a life.
Bigfoot

Fort Jones, CA

#52 Jun 26, 2008
Marijuana is harmless compared to the scourge of crystal meth in Northern California. How about respecting California's Prop 215, and going after the methamphetamine labs instead? It's been reported there are as many as 50 meth labs near the mouth of the Klamath River, yet law enforcement never takes any action there:

http://goodneighborlaw.com/articles_GNL/2007/...

Contaminated water and drugs
The DFG report states, "No substances were found at concentrations toxic to fish and therefore, were not a factor in the 2002 fish kill." However, that may not be the case. According to the Del Norte Sheriff's Department, the Humboldt County Sheriff's Department and Larry Hand of the California Conservation Corps (CCC), a CCC crew run by John Buttons discovered several large glass flasks used for cooking methamphetamine on Ohpah Creek, a tributary of the Klamath River just 21 miles from the mouth of the river. The flasks were found in the summer of 2002 and were left on Simpson Timber Company land above the Ohpah Creek Ranch. It now turns out the flasks were part of what is known as a "meth dump." That is where the unused residue and cooking utensils from labs are discarded. A Humboldt County Sheriff's Department official used a recent dumpsite at Colusa, to explain, "Mexican nationals had dumped their old chemicals and supplies into an irrigation canal."

Two persons interviewed claimed there are five meth labs between Weitchpec and the river mouth. One of the labs is known to both civilian and law enforcement as the "Crystal Palace." When asked, one Siskiyou County law enforcement official said, "If the truth were know, there are probably 50 labs." ... The entire 41 miles of river between Weitchpec and the river mouth has no roads and is completely isolated from any civilization.

There are dozens of documented cases of Mexican and Asian drug cartels using remote areas to both grow marijuana, and manufacture meth. These cases include the Klamath River area. This has resulted in concerns for the safety of all users; either national forests and/or Bureau of Land Management lands or those who simply explore for recreation.
Smoked out in SoHum

United States

#53 Jun 26, 2008
I hope you're kidding, Meth Mouth. That's disgusting tho' I've seen tweakers so strung out they literally don't care ... as long as they get their stuff. So very sad.
meth mouthed tweeker wrote:
Thank you feds for sparing my trailer & toothless wife the embarassment of sitting in jail with no bail money. Today is a new day and most recent batch of meth is almost finished drying up. I will be snorting a big fat rail to the leagle beagles that recognize that tweek is good and medical marijuana is just a scam for educated folk with all their teeth'ers. Keep it tweeky ya'll, and don't scratch yer meth sores too much.
simplebuttrue

Antioch, CA

#54 Jun 26, 2008
have you ever asked why people are not for laws being upheld? why so much flack when the government tries to do their job. why don't we support them rather than look to their failings.what kind of double standards do we have?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitethorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Robert 'Bobby' Tennison still missing in SoHum;... (Nov '09) Nov '17 TamTam72 22
News Eureka man charged with possession of Ecstasy, ... (Sep '10) Oct '17 TayJ 57
Help me get home (Jan '17) Jul '17 Vlad Putin 10
I'm homeless in Manhattan NY trying to get a B... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Leonardfaison42 1
Stranded in the bad part of tulsa (Oct '16) Oct '16 Alexusb 1
Need bus ticket to las angeles ca from las vaga... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Brenda Marie ande... 6
Stranded need gas and food (Dec '15) Aug '16 Monique 2

Whitethorn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitethorn Mortgages