Humboldt County Sheriff's Deputy resp...

Humboldt County Sheriff's Deputy responds to attempted suicide in W...

There are 27 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from May 25, 2010, titled Humboldt County Sheriff's Deputy responds to attempted suicide in W.... In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Sheriff's Deputy Robert Hamilton responded to a call in Whitethorn on Saturday morning for a report of a woman who had barricaded herself in the bedroom with a butcher knife.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen

Eureka, CA

#21 May 26, 2010
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What the #*c% is your problem?
Why does the Sub Standard have to report on personal matters like this for the moron Topix peanut gallery to comment on? I can think of one family that I have met that lives in Whitethorn who's lives were ruined in the past 2 years. You people have no idea what suffering and depression are like until you live through it so shut the hell up you rude sack of crap.
Yeah, you're right, I have no idea about depression and suffering. I have no heart, never shed a tear, never feel sad about anyone else's misfortunes. You know me and my family so well.
watcher

Lowell, AR

#22 May 26, 2010
So glad everything worked out. What a danger to the Deputy to have to take this action. Not only a personal risk of injury to self but also a professional risk. Humboldt County people are notorious for blaming the coppers if they try to subdue mentally ill and dangerous persons if the scenario takes a turn for the worse. These are very difficult incidents to deal with. Too bad a mental health professional wasn't available to handle the situation.... They are so judgmental about how law enforcement handles these incidents that they are truly the professionals who should be handling these cases, putting there own lives and careers on the line. Good job Deputy, and to all the Coppers, here's to hoping all future incidents as above work out the same, favorably.

To all coppers who had to protect themselves during past calls for service, similar dangerous mental health incidents, you all did what you had to do also, unfortunately, because it did not work out favorably, the community continues to harass you. This is a real shame that the cops have to put up with this crap.

Give all these mental health incidents to the Mental Health Department to handle. You can not put your cops through this type of politics, and expect them to work happy miracles for the community every shift. They are human and not SUPERMAN.
watcher

Lowell, AR

#23 May 26, 2010
Arcata Reader wrote:
Great Job!!
EPD specifically Liles, would have shot her.
Aracta Reader, you don't know anything dumb dumb!

So glad everything worked out. What a danger to the Deputy to have to take this action. Not only a personal risk of injury to self but also a professional risk. Humboldt County people are notorious for blaming the coppers if they try to subdue mentally ill and dangerous persons if the scenario takes a turn for the worse. These are very difficult incidents to deal with. Too bad a mental health professional wasn't available to handle the situation.... They are so judgmental about how law enforcement handles these incidents that they are truly the professionals who should be handling these cases, putting there own lives and careers on the line. Good job Deputy, and to all the Coppers, here's to hoping all future incidents as above work out the same, favorably.

To all coppers who had to protect themselves during past calls for service, similar dangerous mental health incidents, you all did what you had to do also, unfortunately, because it did not work out favorably, the community continues to harass you. This is a real shame that the cops have to put up with this crap.

Give all these mental health incidents to the Mental Health Department to handle. You can not put your cops through this type of politics, and expect them to work happy miracles for the community every shift. They are human and not SUPERMAN.
Fuller Bud Man

Oceanside, CA

#24 May 26, 2010
watcher wrote:
They are human and not SUPERMAN.
Don't cops stack a lot of roid's these days?
Fred

Mckinleyville, CA

#25 May 26, 2010
I commend the deputy, but this is an odd story. The media don't usually report suicides or attempted suicides unless they are done in a very public way. The Sheriff's Department must have issued a news release for some strange reason. As to those who are making cruel remarks about this unfortunate woman, try a little compassion for a change.
Robertson

Eureka, CA

#26 May 26, 2010
Fuller Bud Man wrote:
<quoted text>That's why I'm a good boy.
I wouldn't want my mama' readin' bout' me on theses pages...!
Just now got the full meaning. hahahaha
next time a gun

Jacksonville, FL

#29 May 27, 2010
should have used a gun if she was serious. she is seeking attention. don't worry though, Obama care will cover her. spend,spend,spend. Don't worry about the oil leak though, the Brits will take care of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitethorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) 6 hr Ronald gores 751
News Sheriffa s office investigating Redway homicide Aug 22 Greatnortherness 1
Need bus ticket to las angeles ca from las vaga... Aug 21 Brenda Marie ande... 6
Stranded need gas and food (Dec '15) Aug 8 Monique 2
Stuck May '16 Sadness121 1
News Supes to receive track and trace program report Apr '16 Lucy Ann Jane 1
News Opening statements in Bullock trial set for Friday Apr '16 sybl Acree 1

Whitethorn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitethorn Mortgages