Humboldt County Sheriff's Deputy resp...

Humboldt County Sheriff's Deputy responds to attempted suicide in W...

There are 27 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from May 25, 2010, titled Humboldt County Sheriff's Deputy responds to attempted suicide in W.... In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Sheriff's Deputy Robert Hamilton responded to a call in Whitethorn on Saturday morning for a report of a woman who had barricaded herself in the bedroom with a butcher knife.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sam

United States

#1 May 25, 2010
Wow! Good job.
Arcata Reader

Grove, OK

#2 May 25, 2010
Great Job!!

EPD specifically Liles, would have shot her.
Good Lordy

Arcata, CA

#3 May 25, 2010
Good job Hamilton!
Too Bad

Arcata, CA

#4 May 25, 2010
Arcata Reader wrote:
Great Job!!
It's too bad Liles hasn't run into you yet then...
hoss71

Eureka, CA

#5 May 25, 2010
should have let her finish the job. now the tax payers will have to pay for her, which means you and me. thanks hamilton.
Citizen

Eureka, CA

#6 May 25, 2010
He didn't do anyone any favors. Somebody wants to check out? Let them.

More gov't intrusion into our lives.
Citizen

Eureka, CA

#7 May 25, 2010
hoss71 wrote:
should have let her finish the job. now the tax payers will have to pay for her, which means you and me. thanks hamilton.
How much for a helicopter ride, Mister?$5,000.00? Daddy, can I? Huh?

Philps has to say this. Wonder what he really thinks?
Claire

Redway, CA

#8 May 25, 2010
Not only did the deputy manage to take the knife away from the woman, but as he waited for the medical team to arrive he applied pressure to the wounds to stop the bleeding, at risk to himself.
S A R I P

United States

#9 May 25, 2010
How could someones life be so bad that they would just give up??? I wonder if she had children?? doesnt she relize that to kill yourself is so selfish, the people that you leave behind are so crushed and confused not knowning if they could have said something to prevent such a tragedy or the thought of why didnt I see this coming.The're people out there that are fighting for their last breath that would give anything to be able to live longer for their family or self,Or what would of happen if she would have injured the officier trying to save her???
Citizen

Eureka, CA

#10 May 25, 2010
Claire wrote:
Not only did the deputy manage to take the knife away from the woman, but as he waited for the medical team to arrive he applied pressure to the wounds to stop the bleeding, at risk to himself.
BOO-freakin'-HOO. I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!
LDG

Arcata, CA

#11 May 25, 2010
Great Job Hamilton!
Thanh

United States

#12 May 25, 2010
It was said that she actually feared Obama(D) Care!
lilly

Eureka, CA

#13 May 25, 2010
wow
DIRT DEVIL

Muskogee, OK

#14 May 25, 2010
I think this shows the level of commitment within the HCSO and the integrity of the officers. Thanks to the deputy and to outgoing sheriff for making the force as it is. I do want to know who pays for the treatment of this sicko because pretty good bet that as a resident of Whitethorn probably a grower.
Phoo

Laytonville, CA

#15 May 25, 2010
Grandstanding, if she was really serious, she'd be dead. It's a female thing. Males are much better at this business.
anonymous

United States

#16 May 25, 2010
Citizen wrote:
He didn't do anyone any favors. Somebody wants to check out? Let them.
More gov't intrusion into our lives.
What the #*c% is your problem?
Why does the Sub Standard have to report on personal matters like this for the moron Topix peanut gallery to comment on? I can think of one family that I have met that lives in Whitethorn who's lives were ruined in the past 2 years. You people have no idea what suffering and depression are like until you live through it so shut the hell up you rude sack of crap.
Fuller Bud Man

Oceanside, CA

#17 May 25, 2010
anonymous wrote:
What the #*c% is your problem?
Why does the Sub Standard have to report on personal matters like this for the moron Topix peanut gallery to comment on?
That's why I'm a good boy.
I wouldn't want my mama' readin' bout' me on theses pages...!
hsugradluckytoha veahome

United States

#18 May 25, 2010
You people are ridiculous.show some dreamin' heart and compassion.do you have mothers,wives,daughters,or female friends? What if this woman was a female you knew?grow up.shut up if you have nothing nice to say.
someone stole my name

Vineburg, CA

#19 May 26, 2010
Arcata Reader wrote:
Great Job!!
Shut the f up.
someone stole my name

Vineburg, CA

#20 May 26, 2010
People don't seem to realize that people at the point of suicide are no longer rational. She wasn't thinking about anything but all her pain and obviously she couldn't take it so she was trying to end it. Maybe she wanted to end it because all she sees is mean selfish people who want to attack you without regard to your feelings or situation in life, people like some on these comment boards.

I wish the best to this woman on recovering and finding out how to hold on when things are overwhelming.

To the journalists: Please do not refer to suicide as "successful", you cannot have a successful suicide. Please use the term "completed" as it is more accurate. Use of "successful" can be very hurtful to the survivors as I know well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitethorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman fleeing CHP drowns in Eel River (Mar '11) Mar 31 cierra21 9
Strain Feb '18 Genetics 1
News Final homeless count tally released (Jul '09) Jan '18 huh no kisses 95
News Read On Jan '18 The gramfather 1
News Retired deputy keeps looking for Humboldt's mis... (Jun '09) Jan '18 kympasqualini 40
News Robert 'Bobby' Tennison still missing in SoHum;... (Nov '09) Nov '17 TamTam72 22
News Eureka man charged with possession of Ecstasy, ... (Sep '10) Oct '17 TayJ 57

Whitethorn Jobs

Personal Finance

Whitethorn Mortgages