Five arrested Monday in 2008 federal ...

Five arrested Monday in 2008 federal marijuana case

There are 58 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jan 12, 2010, titled Five arrested Monday in 2008 federal marijuana case. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Five men were arrested by the FBI Monday in connection with marijuana raids that were conducted in Humboldt County in 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Senseless

Fremont, CA

#44 Jan 14, 2010
abba dabba wrote:
Senseless - obviously you need to grow up because you bicker like
a 5 year old.
Also your education didn't go much further either. Quit reading comic books and try to learn something of more value.
Consider this, I was not "speaking" to or about you in the 1st place.
I'm quite through with you so, ta, ta.
And that ladies and gentleman is confirmation of the kind of small-minded and petty person that supports drug violence through prohibition. You were done before you started.
Jeff Cleveland

Stevens Point, WI

#45 Jan 14, 2010
I wonder how absente landlords are helping the community in its time of need?The owners of rundown flop house's like the Budget Motel on 4th st. should be made to clean up their places and get rid of the criminals who often take refuge in such places.Ownership of a place means good stewertship not a free pass on troubles caused to the area by condoning this criminal activity to enrich themselves.
jon qp

United States

#46 Jan 14, 2010
No marijuana grower is a virtuous citizen PERIOD.

Greedy lazy scum .......
VLAD

San Francisco, CA

#47 Jan 14, 2010
blue collar wrote:
Plain and simple the reason to grow, GREED! Oh ya the other reason is because they could not make it in my world, a real job, pay taxes and give you and your family a good quality life. LEAGELLY!
Don't be bitter Blue Collar, these are your people, hard working.

How about FREEDOM for a reason, how about INDEPENDENCE?...and not having to waste your life at a 'real' job. You can live your life or sell your time to the highest bidder, is that success and quality of life? It can be done 'LEAGELLY', or legally if you prefer, its the individual, not the profession, that your complaints are based.

This *is* making money the 'old fashioned' way, when we broke a sweat instead of getting carpal tunnel syndrome from our desk, I mean 'real', jobs. I hope I am not preaching to the choir Blue Collar, but these folks bust ass to make $$$.

Just cause there's a few idiots you base you opinion on, doesn't mean its all bad.

You gunna slander football because of fools like Michael Vick?
VLAD

San Francisco, CA

#48 Jan 14, 2010
jon qp wrote:
No marijuana grower is a virtuous citizen PERIOD.
Greedy lazy scum .......
You too jon qp, please see my reply to blue collar above.

Peace bros, lets not blow our own cannons through the hull of this ship which manages to evade the scum of 'regular' life.
VLAD

San Francisco, CA

#49 Jan 14, 2010
Senseless wrote:
<quoted text>
"olduncledave - typical dummy mixing apples with oranges to make a point invalid.
You should take a course in logic though I doubt it would do your stoned mind any good.
Tomatoes are not a drug, end of discussion."
There is no logic in your argument whatsoever. This is pure emotional rhetoric and personal attacks. Grow up.
I would vote that a stoned mind is more rational than an irate mind, I've been both, and when I was irate I was the fool, fools.
Bah

Moraga, CA

#50 Jan 14, 2010
It is easy to forget that there would be no United States of America if the orginal citizens were law abiding.
abba dabba

Whitehouse, TX

#51 Jan 14, 2010
Senseless - you're right I do propose violence against all drug growers, labs, peddlers who manufacture, grow, make it readily available, etc.

Arresting them when caught doesn't work, so shoot them down on sight.
Quit wasting money on the P. C. methods.

If you're any of these types then you can go straight to he ll.

Now I'm through with you.
VLAD

San Francisco, CA

#52 Jan 14, 2010
abba dabba wrote:
Senseless - you're right I do propose violence against all drug growers, labs, peddlers who manufacture, grow, make it readily available, etc.
See, now there's an irate mind!

Anyone that hates growers want to chime in with a stoned mind?

“Cogito Ergo Doleo”

Since: Jun 07

Mendocino County

#53 Jan 15, 2010
abba dabba wrote:
olduncledave - typical dummy mixing apples with oranges to make a point invalid.
You should take a course in logic though I doubt it would do your stoned mind any good.
Tomatoes are not a drug, end of discussion.
Cannabis is a naturally occurring plant. Drugs are chemicals. For example, aspirin is a drug which can be made from willow bark. If you and your fellow prohibitionist idiots think a willow tree is a drug, that doesn't make it true. I'd say "nice try," but that wouldn't be true.

“Cogito Ergo Doleo”

Since: Jun 07

Mendocino County

#54 Jan 15, 2010
In the dark wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't believe the amount of paperwork and costs involved w/ selling at a farmers' market...quite extensive.
If the government hadn't stepped in and instituted prohibition, cannabis vendors at the farmer's market would have the same paperwork and costs of selling.
abba dabba

Whitehouse, TX

#55 Jan 15, 2010
All you druggies in denial go die.
Senseless

Fremont, CA

#60 Jan 15, 2010
abba dabba wrote:
Give a guy enough rope and he'll hang himself. Sounds like you are an angry and possibly violent person that could use medical cannabis. It works very well for anger management. He ll is a place in your imagination where you live, there is no room for me there.
Concerned

Las Vegas, NV

#61 Jan 15, 2010
And now we go back to a discussion on what this article was about. Did anyone but me notice that a couple of months ago a new Federal Prosecutor was appointed to Humboldt? I think it was for the express purpose of prosecuting the fallout from "Southern Sweep." I don't think that these 5 guys are the only ones that are going down, they are probably just the first in what is going to be a plethora of arrests coming your way!
Thieves

Fremont, CA

#62 Jan 15, 2010
The federal government does not know how to make money legitimately, so they steal it from one of the poorest counties in America. God Bless America!
Sam

Sacramento, CA

#65 Jan 17, 2010
Tax money...Hmmm legalize it and see how long it takes phillip morris, r j reynolds etc. to get involved. When illegal growers sell their crops they shop, eat, vacation etc. just like regular people. Because they are regular people. Maybe your neighbors.
in the know

Saga, Japan

#66 Jan 18, 2010
wait a min some people if they add up their overhead and total time invested you are lucky to get five dollars an hour at growing the stuff especially when it is truly medicine and they give it away to sick people they just got evidence that weed knocks back brain cancer http://stash.norml.org/study-cannabidiol-prov... these people should be given medals not indictments
humboldt hack

Reno, NV

#67 Jan 22, 2010
abba dabba wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you going to tax growers and sellers? Even legal they will be dealing on a cash basis without a paper trail.
It's a fallacy by those who want it legalized that it will produce more taxes.
I have to agree, but it would have to be better handled. One can't have a bunch of thugs and dope heads running such a market. Let the state hire the citizens who have proven that they can handle such work without spending the profits on other drugs (Humboldts favorite way to spend the green they made from the green). Have them grow for clinics (preferably a coffee shop modeled after those in Holland). Where one could purchase a pack or pre-rolled just like cigarettes. Put the tax on it just like a pack of smokes and lower the price enough to discourage the general populous from growing it themselves. "nuf sed"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitethorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) Tue Annetta-49 750
News Sheriffa s office investigating Redway homicide Aug 22 Greatnortherness 1
Need bus ticket to las angeles ca from las vaga... Aug 21 Brenda Marie ande... 6
Stranded need gas and food (Dec '15) Aug 8 Monique 2
Stuck May '16 Sadness121 1
News Supes to receive track and trace program report Apr '16 Lucy Ann Jane 1
News Opening statements in Bullock trial set for Friday Apr '16 sybl Acree 1

Whitethorn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitethorn Mortgages