Five arrested Monday in 2008 federal ...

Five arrested Monday in 2008 federal marijuana case

There are 58 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jan 12, 2010, titled Five arrested Monday in 2008 federal marijuana case. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Five men were arrested by the FBI Monday in connection with marijuana raids that were conducted in Humboldt County in 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jules

United States

#1 Jan 12, 2010
Is this all because of The Humboldt Cooperatives records were seized? LOL That was a joke.
msfreeh

Vienna, ME

#2 Jan 12, 2010
to view a partial list of crimes committed by FBI agents over 1500 pages long see
http://www.forums.signonsandiego.com/showthre...

to view a partial list of FBI agents arrested for pedophilia see
http://www.dallasnews.com/forums/viewtopic.ph...
reader

Menlo Park, CA

#4 Jan 12, 2010
The mj growers have a great Federal price support program.

Well done feds.

Keep that price for pot high so others can rake in the dough

Isn't is amazing?

If they legalized and stopped the police state and just taxed people on their personal income earned for growing & selling,

the price would plummet.

And so would crime.
Gomorrah

United States

#5 Jan 12, 2010
The Feds sure do take their sweet time before making arrests.
abba dabba

Whitehouse, TX

#6 Jan 12, 2010
reader wrote:
The mj growers have a great Federal price support program.
Well done feds.
Keep that price for pot high so others can rake in the dough
Isn't is amazing?
If they legalized and stopped the police state and just taxed people on their personal income earned for growing & selling,
the price would plummet.
And so would crime.

How are you going to tax growers and sellers? Even legal they will be dealing on a cash basis without a paper trail.

It's a fallacy by those who want it legalized that it will produce more taxes.
Koalabear2525

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jan 12, 2010
it is the year of 2010 doing a good job it only took two years how about that .
Bah

Moraga, CA

#8 Jan 12, 2010
If we reduce jail costs that will contribute to making ends meet without additional revenue from taxes. What is it now,$40,000 a year per idiot behind bars?
Koalabear2525

San Francisco, CA

#9 Jan 12, 2010
the feds got to clear the paper work with city county state and what ever and be sure they got the right joe blow and be sure it is the same joe
abba dabba

Whitehouse, TX

#11 Jan 12, 2010
Bah wrote:
If we reduce jail costs that will contribute to making ends meet without additional revenue from taxes. What is it now,$40,000 a year per idiot behind bars?

Prison/jail costs will never go down. Inflation and the fact there are a lot more other types of criminals in jail than weed people, more crooks, thugs, from large population areas, etc than there will ever be enough room for will always keep the cost going up.

Costs especially during recession times goes up as it adds to the criminal base. Too many people not enough jobs.

You read about the big busts and generally they seldom arrest anyone that is put away for very long if at all. Most of the time there are plea deals made because as long as the crime isn't violent they let them go.

Again it's another myth perpetuated by those wanting weed legalized by stating prison costs will go down.
taxaweed

San Francisco, CA

#12 Jan 12, 2010
The prime advantage to legalization is the end of crime associated with an unenforcable law,
you can brew beer to drink with your pals but you can't sell it. anyone can brew beer but few do.
most people would go to the store to buy it. Taxation never solved any financial problems since our elected officials have always squandered all the funds available.
Take the profit away from the jerks that deal in weed and admit it can't be stopped.
ARCATA RESIDENT

Eureka, CA

#13 Jan 13, 2010
How much did Southern sweep cost ??????? 5000.000 , that's 5 million dollars people , just to keep some guy in LA or Portland from smoking pot. And we wonder why we can't pay our teachers or fix our roads.

Let's use some common sense please , Stupid laws ,wasted $$$$$$$$
Ridge Runner

AOL

#14 Jan 13, 2010
This is the tip of the iceburg and I hope the FEDS move in and stay awhile. A big help to combat these criminals who are making a lot of tax free money is to use the federal laws and forfieture proceedings on their properties. I support the absolute shutdown of these criminal enterprises which are a danger to every community in the area. Then start on the ones who have the fake quack doctor pot cards who grow and sell and have their own little criminal enterprise. Note to criminals and dopes on dope, watch your rearviews and watch the skies above your plantations.

“Cogito Ergo Doleo”

Since: Jun 07

Mendocino County

#16 Jan 13, 2010
abba dabba wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you going to tax growers and sellers? Even legal they will be dealing on a cash basis without a paper trail.
It's a fallacy by those who want it legalized that it will produce more taxes.
I bought some nice juicy tomatoes at a farmers market. I paid cash, no paper trail. Since the grower might not be paying taxes on the income, would you make tomatoes illegal too?
abba dabba

Whitehouse, TX

#17 Jan 13, 2010
olduncledave - typical dummy mixing apples with oranges to make a point invalid.
You should take a course in logic though I doubt it would do your stoned mind any good.

Tomatoes are not a drug, end of discussion.
Good Point

Fremont, CA

#18 Jan 13, 2010
abba dabba wrote:
olduncledave - typical dummy mixing apples with oranges to make a point invalid.
You should take a course in logic though I doubt it would do your stoned mind any good.
Tomatoes are not a drug, end of discussion.
Actually he made an excellent point. And you got NOTHING. How do you know that local merchants are declaring the cash that comes into their coffers. You don't. It is the same thing... a commidity with a price that is bought and sold. Get over it, Puritans!
Just Business

Fremont, CA

#19 Jan 13, 2010
Ridge Runner wrote:
This is the tip of the iceburg and I hope the FEDS move in and stay awhile. A big help to combat these criminals who are making a lot of tax free money is to use the federal laws and forfieture proceedings on their properties. I support the absolute shutdown of these criminal enterprises which are a danger to every community in the area. Then start on the ones who have the fake quack doctor pot cards who grow and sell and have their own little criminal enterprise. Note to criminals and dopes on dope, watch your rearviews and watch the skies above your plantations.
This is America... why are you so down on capitalism? At least marijuana never killed anyone the way those Pfizer drugs do.
My 2 Cents

Brentwood, CA

#20 Jan 13, 2010
Just Business wrote:
<quoted text>
This is America... why are you so down on capitalism? At least marijuana never killed anyone the way those Pfizer drugs do.
Man I hope there was some sarcasm intended. Just in case there wasn't - I'd be willing to bet there's a fair number of traffic deaths due to the driver of one vehicle or the other being stoned. I'd also bet there are a fair number of murders committed over marijuana (including several local ones in recent years). And just because it's really hard to OD on cannabis doesn't mean someone hasn't managed to do it.

Besides, marijuana cultivation is largely about greed, pure and simple. How many growers make good money from their crop and not only won't pay income tax but also still take advantage of social benefits intended for low income residents?(because they don't report their illegal income).

You can justify and rationalize behavior to yourself in any number of ways but I really wish people would take a good hard look in the mirror and really think about what their behaviors result in from the big picture perspective. It is way past time we took hold of the idea of personal responsibility for *all* our choices.(This by the way includes big pharma).
abba dabba

Whitehouse, TX

#21 Jan 13, 2010
Good Point wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he made an excellent point. And you got NOTHING. How do you know that local merchants are declaring the cash that comes into their coffers. You don't. It is the same thing... a commidity with a price that is bought and sold. Get over it, Puritans!
You should change your name to "don't understand".

Where did you read that I said anything about what local merchants are declaring?
You want to back up someone who can't even back themselves up you may want to change
how you read things first. If you wish to agree that apples mixed with oranges makes sense then you should join him in a logic course.
In the dark

New Bern, NC

#22 Jan 13, 2010
Ridge Runner wrote:
Hear! Hear! This is exactly how I see it. I live next door to an indoor grow of which the property is in foreclosure. The integrity of the buildings on the property is undermined on a near daily basis to expand the grow with no long-term maintenance being done. And all for what? Fun money. New rig, trips, big screen tvs, whatever. Other incidentals are picked up by MediCal and welfare, etc. Disgusting.
In the dark

New Bern, NC

#23 Jan 13, 2010
Old Uncle Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
I bought some nice juicy tomatoes at a farmers market. I paid cash, no paper trail. Since the grower might not be paying taxes on the income, would you make tomatoes illegal too?
You wouldn't believe the amount of paperwork and costs involved w/ selling at a farmers' market...quite extensive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitethorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TAP helps people get back home; bus tickets, ga... (Nov '11) 2 hr Sean markey 723
Stuck May '16 Sadness121 1
News Supes to receive track and trace program report Apr '16 Lucy Ann Jane 1
News Opening statements in Bullock trial set for Friday Apr '16 sybl Acree 1
Ernie Stewart Mar '16 HumCoSheriffCorrupt 1
bus ticket to Anderson SC Feb '16 lisa 1
News Fairfield man sentenced in slaying of two brothers (Aug '09) Jan '16 Tyrese 21

Whitethorn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitethorn Mortgages