Petrolia ranch protected under conser...

Petrolia ranch protected under conservation easement

There are 6 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jun 11, 2008, titled Petrolia ranch protected under conservation easement. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

A 52-year-old man from Whitethorn died Monday evening after his motorcycle collided with a GMC pickup truck pulling a horse trailer near Garberville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

Masked Patriot

Eureka, CA

#1 Jun 11, 2008
bet you they'll "preserve" it for the legal 3 years- then they'll sell it off and laugh at how stupid citizens are when it comes to land theft.
Burdizo

United States

#2 Jun 11, 2008
Wonderful! I hate to see the old ranches split into 40 acre parcels. Miles of
roads are built through them with lots of newcomers to do their thing. I wish
they'd do it to all the ranches!
Earl T Pearl

United States

#3 Jun 12, 2008
It's good to see the north coast being saved from becoming another Marin Co. Malls and Freeways from Garberville to Orick
unanonymous

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#4 Jun 12, 2008
wait til it burns, then they'll wish they had the roads.
Anonymous

Hayward, CA

#5 Jun 12, 2008
You obviously don't understand what a conservation easement is Masked. The state doesn't own it. The Sweets own it and can sell it if they want, but it can never be divided or converted to residential land and the conservation easement is part of the deed forever.
Island teacher

Avalon, CA

#6 Jun 15, 2008
Thank all the forward thinking people that have developed land trusts and the idea of conservation easements. My grandson, 4 years of age, will be able to visit that area some day, and I know those large ranchlands will still be there for him to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitethorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help me get home Apr '17 Sara Rose 5
Cab Fare to Costa Rica? Apr '17 Katy O kondum 1
Lone Pine owner Anil, is anal over Al Queda Apr '17 USuk 2
I'm homeless in Manhattan NY trying to get a B... Dec '16 Leonardfaison42 1
Want to work 18 dont have car a job that gives ... (Nov '16) Dec '16 Mia 2
News Are supplements good or bad and how much should... (Dec '13) Oct '16 CountingJoys 2
Honeydew Melons (Oct '16) Oct '16 Canner 1

Whitethorn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitethorn Mortgages