Cement plant fight not over

Opponents are pledging to continue their fight against a proposed cement plant near Exit 59 on I-70, even though Hendricks County planners have given the project a green light. Read more
Same ol same ol

United States

#1 Jan 11, 2008
Why don't they put it next to Comer's house in Danville; wonder if he'd like it across from his house? Or Sanders' house in Zionsville?
These "commissioners" are a joke. They've never met a developer that they didn't want to get in bed with.
Representatives of the citizens. Yeah, right.
Hundreds of owners against something. One rich developer in favor.
They vote for the developer EVERY TIME.
Thanks, guys.
LAUTHsome

United States

#2 Jan 11, 2008
And here they are AGAIN. It's all about Loathsome Lauth and their destruction of Central Indiana.

What a SCAM. Put it right on the county line, destroy 175 acres of farmland, when the damn thing should be in an INDUSTRIAL area!

FOLLOW THE MONEY, folks. You need to go the the Hendricks County elections office, check the campaign donation files, and look at which way the grease is flowing BEFORE this Jan. 22 hearing. Also check the indianacampaignfinance.com web site and the FEC web site and research the grease coming from Mark E. Sanders and his company. Make sure you let the Hendricks County Commissioners know that you have EVERY DETAIL about what's going on behind the scenes BEFORE the hearing, and tell them to their faces AT the hearing.
Resident

Putnamville, IN

#3 Jan 11, 2008
20 trucks per hour makes 40 trucks per hour. Trucks must return to the plant to refill with cement.There will be 20 trucks going East from the plant and 20 moving West back to the plant. Over 24 hrs, there will be 960 trucks on a 2 lane country road.Also there will be big trucks bringing in supplies to make the cement which will lead to more than 1000 trucks per 24 hr period. No country road in the U S can handle that load along with the normal heavy traffic .The road would be constantly having to be shut down for repairs
One and Done

Chesapeake, VA

#4 Jan 11, 2008
Why don't all you so-called people who care about the quality of life on the west and north west attend more gov't meetings, hearings, etc...get involved on a more routine basis. Maybe your concerns will be addressed if you'd take a more responsibel approach, rather than a "scorch-the-earth" "they ain't coming hea" attitude. I'll bet all these people who tried to derail the project will just crawl back into there fox holes.
From Liberty Twp

Plainfield, IN

#5 Jan 11, 2008
Resident, You almost live in Hendricks county so shut up. Just in case you have kept your eyes closed and had ear plugs this will be in commercial area. That's why they are building it there and yes money talk and sh** walks. Stop your crying or move.
Jane

AOL

#6 Jan 11, 2008
From Liberty Twp wrote:
Resident, You almost live in Hendricks county so shut up. Just in case you have kept your eyes closed and had ear plugs this will be in commercial area. That's why they are building it there and yes money talk and sh** walks. Stop your crying or move.
ROCK ON!!! That clown probably doesn't even live close to the project. I thought I had been keeping up with this project but I must have missed the part about 20 trucks per hour, who said that and where was it printed or was it stated in the meetings? Also, I'm curious if cement plants are open 24/7 - 365? All the idiots on here seem to think so or am I the idiot? I just remember a few times in the past when I've had to order cement and they would only deliver certain hours. Maybe things have changed.
Dan

AOL

#7 Jan 11, 2008
Cecil McCollum does not live across the road from the project, he lives a half mile down the road. I doubt that dust is going to settle on his estate and I darn sure know he won't smell anything other than the rats and old bags of feed that have been there for 20 years in his barn.
Gloria

AOL

#8 Jan 11, 2008
Resident wrote:
20 trucks per hour makes 40 trucks per hour. Trucks must return to the plant to refill with cement.There will be 20 trucks going East from the plant and 20 moving West back to the plant. Over 24 hrs, there will be 960 trucks on a 2 lane country road.Also there will be big trucks bringing in supplies to make the cement which will lead to more than 1000 trucks per 24 hr period. No country road in the U S can handle that load along with the normal heavy traffic .The road would be constantly having to be shut down for repairs
Where did you get this information because I must have missed that part? I didn't realize cement plants were open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. That is insane and for some reason I can't believe that. Is there somewhere I can call to confirm these hours of operation?
Steve

AOL

#9 Jan 11, 2008
Same ol same ol wrote:
Why don't they put it next to Comer's house in Danville; wonder if he'd like it across from his house? Or Sanders' house in Zionsville?
These "commissioners" are a joke. They've never met a developer that they didn't want to get in bed with.
Representatives of the citizens. Yeah, right.
Hundreds of owners against something. One rich developer in favor.
They vote for the developer EVERY TIME.
Thanks, guys.
Better yet, why don't they (Sanders) leave our farm ground alone and buy or lease the 25 empty warehouses in Plainfield? Then they wouldn't need a concrete plant to build more new warehouses on 39 north of I70 and on 1000 S. It would have been cheaper on him in the long run to utilize what is already built and going to waste in the "city" of Plainfield.
Brent Pittman Brownsburg

Brownsburg, IN

#10 Jan 13, 2008
The HC Area Plan Commission (HCAPC) unanimously approved a heavy industrial zone near the I-70 and SR 39 interchange for a concrete plant with the possibility of a heavy trucking company or asphalt, chemical and oil refinery plants in the future (none of these plants were excluded). That is, most heavy industrial plants with their heavy truck traffic, pollution, odors and safety problems could be potential neighbors.

Present homeowners are concerned with declining property values; but, they should also be aware of rising residential property taxes (RPY), sales taxes (ST) and individual income taxes (IIT) used to pay for this development or additional essential government services (EGS) such as more schools, police, fire, libraries, parks and infrastructure repairs and additions required to support poverty wage jobs receiving CW . Our corporate welfare king (CWK) politicians' solution to rising RPT when development costs and business taxes are shifted to RPT is to raise ST and IIT. Twenty heavy concrete trucks per hour traveling over county roads and state highways will certainly increase these taxes, auto wheel taxes and gasoline taxes for necessary repairs.

The CWK, "namely, commissioners are concerned future tenants will be stuck paying for road improvement needs because of the activity caused by previous developers". The solution to this problem is NO tax abatements; but instead, collect a mandatory impact fee (IN code 36-7-4-1300) on new construction. This would solve the concerns of another CWK board member who stated " our job is to protect taxpayers from being hit with the costs". However a CWK lawyer stated "county ordinances already address such concerns. Everything is already in place. Now itís a matter of trusting the system". Another CWK lawyer who is also our IN State Representative for the majority of eastern HC confirmed this statement. To me, what the CWK lawyers are referring to is that new development such as Lauth and Kite in this area are in a tax increment financing (TIF) district; and like a deadly cancer, this TIF district can grow to include other new construction that will pay the development costs for the next 50 years. The TIF district is already obligated to pay the costs of a wastewater plant and road improvements. In a TIF district EGS taxes are used to pay for development costs.

Another CWK board member "questioned whether the commissioners' proposals could ever be impartial". I do not think the CWK commissioners are impartial; nor do I trust the CWK system to protect home property values or prevent escalating tax increases.
John Arroyo

Tacoma, WA

#11 Jan 14, 2008
Get it right: is it a cement mill (to produce the essential powder ingredient that goes into concrete) or is it a ready-mix batch plant (that producers concrete that every local community needs)? Thank you.
Andrea Breen

United States

#12 Jan 14, 2008
It is important for the public, and moreso for professional reporters, to use words correctly.'Cement' and 'Concrete' are not interchangeable words. Cement is a binder, typically referring to Portland cement in this context, and is the 'glue' which reacts with water to hold together aggregates (stone and sand) to make concrete. Cement is to flour as concrete is to cake. Concrete has many environmental benefits, including better light reflectivity to reduce lighting needs for streets and parking lots; thermal mass to help make buildings more efficient to heat and cool; using locally available materials to build new developments in a community. To find out more about the environmental benefits of concrete, they should check out websites such as www.ConcreteThinker.org to take a tour and see how concrete can be beneficial to a community.
To Brainless LAUTHsome

Zionsville, IN

#13 Jan 15, 2008
LAUTHsome wrote:
And here they are AGAIN. It's all about Loathsome Lauth and their destruction of Central Indiana.
What a SCAM. Put it right on the county line, destroy 175 acres of farmland, when the damn thing should be in an INDUSTRIAL area!
FOLLOW THE MONEY, folks. You need to go the the Hendricks County elections office, check the campaign donation files, and look at which way the grease is flowing BEFORE this Jan. 22 hearing. Also check the indianacampaignfinance.com web site and the FEC web site and research the grease coming from Mark E. Sanders and his company. Make sure you let the Hendricks County Commissioners know that you have EVERY DETAIL about what's going on behind the scenes BEFORE the hearing, and tell them to their faces AT the hearing.
If you're so worried about this and have all the answers, why don't you go to the meeting and tell them yourself? Are you a coward that hides behind all of these comment postings because it sure seems like your posting name comes up alot. Get a life and a real job and figure out what corporate America is all about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News German court fines relatives for abducting gay ... Mar 13 WeTheSheeple 14
Rental farm wanted Mar 6 Countrygirl 1
Rental farm wanted Mar 5 Countrygirl 1
News 7 ways Fishers ranks among the best Feb '15 RealityDose 1
Kelly Mitchell (Mar '13) Feb '15 itsjuskel 6
Looking for 3 bedroom home - $700 range Feb '15 theale8kid 1
Zionsville Attorney Takes Advantage of Mother w... (Feb '13) Feb '15 Deltaforce 10
Whitestown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Whitestown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]