Amazon.com center could bring 1,200 j...

Amazon.com center could bring 1,200 jobs to Boone Co.

There are 14 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 10, 2008, titled Amazon.com center could bring 1,200 jobs to Boone Co.. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Come in and Test Drive the impressive Mazda CX7 or the GMC Acadia Click Here! Tom Wood Subaru Visit Tom Wood Subaru at 96th Street and Keystone Avenue for Online Specials on New and Pre-Owned Subaru vehicles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

TVS

Green Springs, OH

#1 Mar 10, 2008
That's great news! Now I can't wait for the naysayers to start griping.
supper dupper

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Mar 10, 2008
Nice work Boone County
better watch out

Columbus, IN

#4 Mar 10, 2008
gripe gripe gripe gripe gripe...blah blah blah...
bring it on

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Mar 10, 2008
Amazon.com ?? That's great!! Now maybe my Amazon order will come to me in a more timely manner :) I can't wait to see what the "but-it's-not-enough and why-Indiana?" Neanderthals say about this one.
Sean

Chicago, IL

#6 Mar 10, 2008
Ok, I'm all for tax abatements, but they have to make sense. How does a $28m tax abatement over 10 years make sense when the annual expected tax revenue is only $333k? That's quite a difference from the $2.8m per year they're giving. Even factoring in other potential increased revenue, it seems lopsided
bring it on

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Mar 10, 2008
More jobs coming to Indiana and the Indy Metro Area, and from a neat company like Amazon.com . That's neat. Keep it up, Indiana.

Come on, where's the gripers on this one? The "increase in taxes?" No. The "increase in traffic?" No. The Ditch Mitch crowd? Nope. The they-only-came 'cuz-Indiana-gave them-subsidies-funded-by-the-t axpayers crowd? Nope. The why-would-they-come-to-Indiana -crowd? Nope.

Let the sorry A** griping begin.....
Justme

Crown Point, IN

#8 Mar 10, 2008
Where are the complainers that they did not look at the Indy eastside. It is such a lovely part of town and has vallets to park your cars for you (only thing is, you will never find the car again). Oh yeah, we mustn't forget the complainers who, without any real info, complain that the pay will suck.
FishersJon

Crown Point, IN

#9 Mar 10, 2008
Drats, looks like we'll be charged sales tax for our orders now.
No name

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 10, 2008
$12/hour? Hilarious! No more serving fries!

The jobs of the future these are.
Sales Tax

Everett, WA

#11 Mar 10, 2008
Well there goes the loophole for sending my packages to my parents in Indy instead of paying sales tax out here. Time to cut up the ol Amazon card. Good news for the state though.
naysayer

AOL

#12 Mar 10, 2008
Great job. Perhaps this will bring more divesification to the schools in the area with minority jobs and state quotas. Hurray!!!
Kairy

Rockford, IL

#13 Mar 10, 2008
hello housing additions
Roads Roads Roads

AOL

#14 Mar 10, 2008
When is Johnson County going to get this type of of new jobs report?
BigPaPa

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Mar 11, 2008
Kairy wrote:
hello housing additions
At $8 -$12 an hour? Don't think so....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Theresa ritz aka kristie lee (Jul '15) Dec 5 Guest 6
Car for sale Nov 23 Indy35 1
Car for sale Nov 23 Indy35 1
North Korea OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nov 22 Mr_Big 7
Milfs in the burg Nov 20 Mr_Big 1
Loose Women Nov '17 Innicent 2
toby carey Oct '17 YEs 1

Whitestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance