Hendricks County proposes highway swap

Hendricks County proposes highway swap

There are 20 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 20, 2008, titled Hendricks County proposes highway swap. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Hendricks County officials are negotiating with the state on a proposed swap of Ind.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Teresa

Elmhurst, IL

#1 Feb 20, 2008
Oh sure! After Hendricks County messed up the intersection of Hadley Rd (Co Rd 600) and 267 they effectively cut off the Shell station from eastbound traffic. Let them mess up another road!
Old Boiler

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 20, 2008
Teresa wrote:
Oh sure! After Hendricks County messed up the intersection of Hadley Rd (Co Rd 600) and 267 they effectively cut off the Shell station from eastbound traffic. Let them mess up another road!
That was a State Project, not County. If anyone on the local level had anything to do with messing it up. it would have been the Town of Plainfield. They like to stick their nose in everything!
Mike

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 20, 2008
How will this affect the plans to upgrade the intersections of 100 N., 150 S., and 300 S. along the current SR 267 along with the plans to construct a bridge over the railroad tracks in Avon? Regardless of who maintains the current SR 267, these projects need to happen.
Old Boiler

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Feb 20, 2008
Don't get your hopes up for this. By the time all is said and done, Brownsburg, Avon and/or Plainfield will screw this up by wanting the State to give them more than the swap is worth. It might have a chance if you keep the Town Managers out of the negotiations, most specifically Rich Carlucci. He pi**es the State off whenever he deals with them, right Rich?
Golf Bravo

Broomfield, CO

#5 Feb 20, 2008
They already messed up Ronald Reagan Parkway. If they wanted it as a bypass for 465 traffic, they should have designed it as one. There should have been no stop lights on it. Bridges should have been built over US40/US36/10th st with on off ramps. Yes it would have costed more but the traffic would move better but it would have made more sense. I guess that is why it wasnt done that way. Lets create more spots for traffic congestion.
suburbs

Decatur, IL

#6 Feb 20, 2008
Golf Bravo wrote:
They already messed up Ronald Reagan Parkway. If they wanted it as a bypass for 465 traffic, they should have designed it as one. There should have been no stop lights on it. Bridges should have been built over US40/US36/10th st with on off ramps. Yes it would have costed more but the traffic would move better but it would have made more sense. I guess that is why it wasnt done that way. Lets create more spots for traffic congestion.
Where did you study english?
Doug

Champaign, IL

#7 Feb 20, 2008
Why rename Ronald Reagan Parkway to SR 267? What wrong with giving it a unique number? I don't mind giving the road a number, but why name it after a per-existing road? The current SR 267 may have similar driving destinations but they're located miles apart and is still well used and will continue to be used even after Ronald Reagan Parkway is completed. Renaming the current SR 267 to Old SR 267 will be confusing. Plus I'll grow tiresome of hearing someone say "Which 267?"
Matt in Avon

Plainfield, IN

#10 Feb 20, 2008
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Even better; how about getting rid of the Reagan name altogether? Why in the world did they ever choose to name a road after an utterly corrupt and useless person like him?
Clearly, you are one of the many worthless teacher's union members teaching our precious youth the marvel's of communism.
HC Resident

Duncan, OK

#11 Feb 20, 2008
Golf Bravo wrote:
RR Parkway was never intended to be a bypass for 465. The intent is to connect 70,74 & 65 to create a single route for heavy commercial traffic through the county, thereby, reducing wear and tear on our county roads. If you don't like the stoplights, talk to Plainfield. They demanded them in their area.
Rob C

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Feb 20, 2008
Doug wrote:
Why rename Ronald Reagan Parkway to SR 267? What wrong with giving it a unique number? I don't mind giving the road a number, but why name it after a per-existing road? The current SR 267 may have similar driving destinations but they're located miles apart and is still well used and will continue to be used even after Ronald Reagan Parkway is completed. Renaming the current SR 267 to Old SR 267 will be confusing. Plus I'll grow tiresome of hearing someone say "Which 267?"
Highway numbers aren't assigned at random -- there's a pattern that must be followed. Three-digit highways (such as SR-267) are supposed to be spurs or bypasses for their two-digit parents (in this case, SR-67).

And since the entire length of SR-267 probably wouldn't be replaced, they'd likely stick with the SR-267 designation the whole way. My guess is that they'd "reroute" it down I-74 to connect the (old) northern section with the Ron Reagan.

The big question would be whether the state would then decommission SR-267 between I-70 and Mooresville, or if they'd reroute it back down I-70.
WTF

Lebanon, IN

#13 Feb 20, 2008
Ronald Reagan Corrupt and useless??? You are truly an idiot. You may not have liked all of his policies, but there is no disputing the great things he was responsible for. Do you live in Russia and wish it were still the USSR? In which case, why do you care what we call our roads?
Rob C

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Feb 20, 2008
WTF wrote:
Ronald Reagan Corrupt and useless??? You are truly an idiot. You may not have liked all of his policies, but there is no disputing the great things he was responsible for. Do you live in Russia and wish it were still the USSR? In which case, why do you care what we call our roads?
Yeah... I especially like when he vetoed the bill that would have condemned Saddam Hussein for gassing the Kurds. Classy move, that one!

(And, in case you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic.)
Cardcat

United States

#15 Feb 20, 2008
Mike wrote:
How will this affect the plans to upgrade the intersections of 100 N., 150 S., and 300 S. along the current SR 267 along with the plans to construct a bridge over the railroad tracks in Avon? Regardless of who maintains the current SR 267, these projects need to happen.
Exactly, I brought these same points up last week on a similar article.
Also, Brownsburg and Plainfield will see the quality growth with their Intestate Interchanges, Avon will get all of the cross traffic and significantly less quality business development.
267 needs widened from 300 N to US 40 and a bridge over the tracks near US 36. 267 is already overloaded with more residential and school developments coming that drain into the Road. Avon leaders should make sure this gets fixed first.
Don't give up on 267 just so Plainfield and Brownsburg can benefit. Again, we will be dealing with all the large trucks and traffic bypassing 465. We don't need the extra traffic without significant benefit equal to what Brownsburg and Plainfield will receive. If this happens all taxes from new development on Ronald Reagan need to be distributed evenly to the communities directly in the path.
Old Boiler

Woodworth, WI

#17 Feb 20, 2008
Rob C wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... I especially like when he vetoed the bill that would have condemned Saddam Hussein for gassing the Kurds. Classy move, that one!
(And, in case you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic.)
Hey Stupid, tell everyone what else had been attached to the bill by your useless Democratic budddies! Many worthwhile bills get vetoed because some idiot tries to attach something meaninless to the bill. I'm not as stupid as you are!

Since: Feb 08

West Manchester, OH

#20 Feb 20, 2008
Sure... Let the county take over 267. They can add some more round-a-bouts like the one on Dan Jones and CR 100 S. What a screwed up mess that is? Heck .. the Avon Police can't all even get on the same page as to how it is to operate.

If we wanted to live in a screwed up place like Carmel, we would move to Carmel!
Elvin

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Feb 20, 2008
This is a great idea to connect the 3 interstates and create a solid thoroughfare through the counties. However someone hit the nail on the head by stating keep the Town Managers out of the mix. Too many stop lights and it needs to be dual lanes all the way through. You folks in Hendricks county have a good idea just less politics in the mix.
Scott

West Manchester, OH

#22 Feb 20, 2008
Just for the Record, I'm not sure what you're talking about but the round-a-bouts are great on CR 100. The traffic flows a lot better, especially on Raceway road.
Rob C

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Feb 21, 2008
Old Boiler wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Stupid, tell everyone what else had been attached to the bill by your useless Democratic budddies! Many worthwhile bills get vetoed because some idiot tries to attach something meaninless to the bill. I'm not as stupid as you are!
I'm not sure what else was attached to the bill, but I do know that Reagan specifically said that he vetoed it because it condemned Saddam Hussein's actions against the Kurds. He considered Hussein to be too important of an ally to offend with such measures.

And the useless Democrats aren't my buddies. I don't know where you got that idea from. You're not a party hack who believes that you either agree with the candidate 100%, or you join the other party, are you? Because those are the "useless" people in my book.

“Repent”

Since: Sep 07

Plainfield

#24 Feb 22, 2008
Both routes, not either or, are necessary for the proper future of Hendricks County. The reality is that as our local economy grows, the need for improved roads capable of sustaining industrial scale traffic increases as well. Recall the ruckus about truck traffic in Danville due to the aspahlt and cement plants.
Good planning is like buying larger shoes before your foot grows into them. Poor planning is like the ancient torturous practice of foot binding.
I can't notice but that you're beginning to limp.
HoosierHusker

Borden, IN

#25 Feb 22, 2008
Corrupt? Useless? Huh? I think that goes with Clinton more than Ronaldus Maximus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is looking good as a new mayoral candidate ... 12 hr Delilah 1
Mary Lewis Class of 2010 Jan 12 Mr_Big 2
News Neighbors in custom homes put up a fight with P... (Jan '11) Dec 30 PULTE is evil 97
Theresa ritz aka kristie lee (Jul '15) Dec '17 Guest 6
4th July celebration still on at WhitesTown (Jul '17) Jul '17 Swapan Purkayastha 1
Tyler brittingham (Apr '17) Apr '17 What a tool 1
News Suburban mega-church expanding into downtown wi... (Aug '16) Aug '16 little lamb 14

Whitestown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitestown Mortgages