Old Timer

Kingsport, TN

#22 Sep 24, 2012
"In Nashville, he was ordered to serve 30 percent of an agreed upon 3 year sentence. Since the court agreed to include time served, Taylor should be released from prison by spring."

So he gets to keep most the money he stole and they'll let him out of jail sometime around March.
criditt

Maryville, TN

#23 Sep 24, 2012
Hats off to the Citicen Tribune Staff for having Balls enought to print the story with detail. In the frist sentence, "Taylor plead guilty Thursday to stealing thousands of dollars" and it's just the begining.
jessie

United States

#24 Sep 24, 2012
Old timer-you said it very well.beleive me,many people agree with you.
An omen is risen

Johnson City, TN

#25 Sep 24, 2012
So where do you think some of his money had to go?
Sentence seems a bit lite don't you think. If one of us p-ons did what he did we be looking at years in jail. He was in a position of public trust which he violated and he gets a year? Its good to be one of the boys.
hope

Thomasville, NC

#26 Sep 24, 2012
Stunned wrote:
<quoted text>
Did John North really say that in church? Did you hear this or is this something someone told you? There are many good people at Spires Chapel Church.

YES that what brother john said in church
high price

Thomasville, NC

#27 Sep 24, 2012
Go on down to cross flower shop buy you a daisy for your sweetie and help old jay out
webber

Talbott, TN

#28 Sep 25, 2012
That business will go under soon. They probably run it with the proceeds from good ole Jay's crimes. Think about it: In order to keep a florists shop stocked(just enough so people have something to choose from) they would have to order new flowers every 3-4 days. People do die all the time, but it's a small town. I'm almost certain that a store like that can not operate like a normal florist does without being in the red. I'd say the church members help fund it as well.

His crimes have already brought others down. Read the papers. It doesn't state the connection, but if you know who the members of his church are, it's an easy connection to make.
jessie

United States

#29 Sep 25, 2012
Thats aiding &abeting a crime.
Jason

Kingsport, TN

#30 Sep 25, 2012
webber wrote:
That business will go under soon. They probably run it with the proceeds from good ole Jay's crimes. Think about it: In order to keep a florists shop stocked(just enough so people have something to choose from) they would have to order new flowers every 3-4 days. People do die all the time, but it's a small town. I'm almost certain that a store like that can not operate like a normal florist does without being in the red.
You're crazy as hell. Personalities of the ones who own it aside, that florist has been here in Rogersvile for YEARS, LONG before Taylor ever came on the scene.
Boom

Kingsport, TN

#31 Sep 25, 2012
Where is Cradic at in all this? She was beside him the whole way until the hammer hit the nail. who she blow with godbee out of the way to get out of all of it?
info

Kingsport, TN

#32 Sep 25, 2012
Heard she turned states evidence. Which she should have. He is a lying snake who had a church covering his backend for him.

“You know they all....pretend”

Since: Nov 08

Flush 'em out, TN

#33 Sep 26, 2012
Keep in mind,folks, that he hasn't yet stood trial in Hawkins County - and he will.
I'll be interested to see how much singing he's done, especially with the bribery of commissioners - and who else will be going down as a result.
We are not the judge

Knoxville, TN

#34 Sep 26, 2012
Not our place to judge this. God will. With that said, he will pay for his sins, as I will mine and each of us will!!! Not just Judge Taylor but each of us and God does not judge all his children/church members on what one person does. There truly are great people at Spires Chapel who should not be judged on what Jay has done. He will answer for his sins again just as we all will but that doesn't make the whole church guilty because they didn't abandon their church--maybe they let God take care of this and they do the best they can. There are some fine folk there who would do anything for anyone to help them, especially some great, humble young people who love their lord.
webber

Talbott, TN

#35 Sep 27, 2012
He will not have a trial. He will take some silly plea agreement as soon as they offer it, because he knows with the amount of publicity this case has gotten, that no jury is going to be in his favor. This is Hawkins County..where the jury IS biased. Unless they do it somewhere very far away, I highly doubt that there will be a trial for any of this.
jones

United States

#36 Sep 27, 2012
Wake up people!why wouldn't someone in jail take anything handed to them?can't see the end of this? Users dont stop. A re these people buying what they think is l ove?wheres it going to leave them? Sad!!!users practice for years cover ups. It's bad now,but it will be worse.
joker

United States

#37 Sep 27, 2012
Now-now-now
willy

United States

#38 Sep 27, 2012
webber wrote:
He will not have a trial. He will take some silly plea agreement as soon as they offer it, because he knows with the amount of publicity this case has gotten, that no jury is going to be in his favor. This is Hawkins County..where the jury IS biased. Unless they do it somewhere very far away, I highly doubt that there will be a trial for any of this.
He goes to court Oct. 12. He has already made a plea bargain on the Hawkins county charges. We'll find out then if he gets anymore jail time then. I kind of doubt it. He may have snitched his way out of anymore jail time by telling about the alleged bribes and untelling what else. It is hard to believe that some of our elected and appointed officials continue to abuse their positions for monitary gain. Just look at all the Courthouse scandals going all the way back to the 1980's. When will people finally wake up and quit electing some of these people. Everyone should keep up with the news and vote according to their best judgement instead so what some preacher or someone else tells them to.
foul odor

Morristown, TN

#39 Sep 27, 2012
Taylor perpetrated one of the most involved and elaborate crime sprees that has been committed in quite a long time against victims in and around Hawkins County. Do two sets of law apply, depending on who you know, what you know on who you know or who you scru in east Tennessee?

What do YOU think based on his plea deals and sentencing? Keep in mind how much he stole and the vulnerability factor of those he stole from.

Where is JZ anyway..........when he's most needed to draw attention to the facts.
Say what

Nashville, TN

#40 Sep 28, 2012
After he comes out of jail he will be a "reformed man." Bet he "finds God" in the big house and becomes a preacher - maybe even goes on cable TV.
Go Look on Bi Polar

United States

#41 Sep 28, 2012
Look on bi polar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
By-lo 18 min Curious 25
Violation of probation 23 min Pam 33
ugly bleach blonde Madison that works at food city 31 min told ya so 51
Angel Tree (Nov '09) 39 min jls28 36
Automotive Question About Headlights 48 min Pitbullmom74 14
What is going beside Dunkin Donuts? 49 min Lol 12
wondering about this girl 1 hr Changemymind 2
Whitesburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web