great care

Hazard, KY

#1 Dec 21, 2012
I think it's funny that some of the employees at MCHC. Have been going on facebook and putting down ARH Doctors and staff. If your care is so much better then why are your relatives going to ARH.
The last time I was at MCHC I had and 9 am appointment. I got to see the doctor at 1:30 pm.
I think your time would be better spent worring about improving your care. Instead of putting dowm another medical provider.
Just saying....
Sick Man

Whitesburg, KY

#2 Dec 21, 2012
I hear the MCHC is about to go under. Last time I was in there it was very quite and hardly a patient there. I hope they make it. I know some fine people that work there.
meee

Whitesburg, KY

#3 Feb 8, 2013
i take my kids there and they receive good care. but for me, i followed dr. baker...
Mom

Versailles, KY

#4 Feb 19, 2013
MCHC Peds has went down hill since they have started having doctors in schools, they have gotten rid of the best doctors they had and placed them in the schools. I am upset that my children doctor got placed at a different school and we only can see the one at their school, or go to mchc and see those joke of a ped doctors.
Mom too

Virgie, KY

#5 Feb 20, 2013
Mom wrote:
MCHC Peds has went down hill since they have started having doctors in schools, they have gotten rid of the best doctors they had and placed them in the schools. I am upset that my children doctor got placed at a different school and we only can see the one at their school, or go to mchc and see those joke of a ped doctors.
Couldn't agree with you more!!! I am currently trying to find a new dr for my kids but rally don't want one too far away
info

Whitesburg, KY

#6 Feb 20, 2013
MCHC wait times are way to long no one has time to sit for 3-4 hours waiting to see the doctor. Someone told me to go to Mountain instant care and I seen dr. ritchie and she was even slower. the staff was very unfriendly. I would rather drive to hazard and see someone at Primary Care than to see any of the available doctors in Letcher co.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7 Feb 21, 2013
what I hate is I wait for hours to see the doctor then they send me to the hospital for xrays. I don't mind it cause they always get me right in and the people there are great, but I can't understand why MCHC sends all their patients somewhere else for things they offer. Isn't that kinda like cutting their nose off to spite their face?
LOL

Somerset, KY

#8 Feb 21, 2013
I think the whole school thing is just taking advantage of the kids with medical cards. Abusing the system if you ask me. There is a time and place for everything, school is not the place for doctor visits. They need to get the whole running a clinic thing right before they try to branch out any way.
LOL

Somerset, KY

#9 Feb 21, 2013
FYI the pediatric group in Norton, out by the theater is awesome! So worth the drive.
well

Isom, KY

#10 Feb 21, 2013
brownlo wrote:
what I hate is I wait for hours to see the doctor then they send me to the hospital for xrays. I don't mind it cause they always get me right in and the people there are great, but I can't understand why MCHC sends all their patients somewhere else for things they offer. Isn't that kinda like cutting their nose off to spite their face?
the only reason they would send u to the hospital is if u needed an MRI, they dont do those there.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#11 Feb 22, 2013
are you serious WELL? they sent my son up there for an xray of his foot the other day!! and the nurse even told us it's because they had noone there to read them. they send almost everything to the hospital.
iknow

Whitesburg, KY

#12 Feb 22, 2013
I will not go to whitesburg arh for x-ray unless my doctor reads its. Dr. Buck has let many a person die because he can't read x-rays. I know several doctors reads them themselves because they don't trust his readings.
The only reason

Richmond, KY

#13 Feb 24, 2013
The only reason I like MCHC is cause of the pharmacy, the girls that work there do a great job, work hard and go out of their way to help us with our medicine...it's a shame they will not be there much longer ;(
Why

Virgie, KY

#14 Feb 25, 2013
Is the pharmacy in MCHC closing?
ThinkBeforeYouSp eak

Winchester, KY

#15 Mar 6, 2013
MCHC has Nurse Practitioners and doctors visit the schools for the children,it makes things easier. Would you rather your child be sick at school,have to call home,then schedule an appointment at a clinic,hospital,etc. or just have your child go see the medicinal professional at their school and it be that simple? People will complain about anything. They will complain about waiting at clinics or offices,complain about certain things that doctors do they don't like.. But people MCHC is just trying to help the kids! What about the kids who maybe don't have someone to take them to the doctor or they have parents who don't care? Ever think about them? They check the children and if they're sick enough they send them home. What about the children who play sick every other day? They're taking appointments up at offices that other legit people need. So if they're getting seen at their school they're not wasting as much time. Are the ones of you on here doctors? Are you medical professionals? Do you take care of sick people everyday? Do you save lives? Do you find diseases in people everyday and try to treat them so they can get better? If not,then maybe you should think before you speak. If you have a problem with the things MCHC does,file a complaint. Because I can assure you that talking about it on topix is not going to get anything accomplished. God Bless you all.
The only reason

Winchester, KY

#16 Mar 6, 2013
Why wrote:
Is the pharmacy in MCHC closing?
. The pharmacy is not closing, but ownership has changed hands, so it looks like pink slips are coming for them girls...it sucks that they are the ones having to pay for CO 's dictatorship and ignorance seeing as Mike makes all the decisions to suit him...I think he should hook up with Anna Craft seeing as they run things about the same way lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP! My dog has Parvo. (Jun '10) 5 min keikosmom 230
Kim @ mchc 2 hr Depression 15
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr curtjester1 135,029
American sniper 5 hr Kiser 10
advance auto parts 5 hr IRISEYOUFALL 3
does anyone know thomas absher (Jan '10) 11 hr Get lost 9
Is Whitesburg going to get a new courthouse? 12 hr Hot Air 17
Whitesburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Whitesburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]