FISH POND 4 wheeler trail opening soon

FISH POND 4 wheeler trail opening soon

Posted in the Whitesburg Forum

TRX 450R

Winchester, KY

#1 Apr 27, 2010
150 miles + trails neon being 4wheeler friendly ride down town neon on a 4 wheeler no hassle from cops 5 mile radius to ride on secondary roads to reach trail head at fishpond lake 2/10th of a mile on state highway gonna bring lots of tourism to this small town an money great idea ya think ?
TRX 450R

Winchester, KY

#2 Apr 27, 2010
The focus is on development of trails for motorized travel. An effort will be made to develop the trails and amenities witth All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) and Utility Terrain Vahicles (UTV) in mind. However the trails will be available for use by horseback, mountain biking, and hiking as the users see fit. Necessary safety precautions and signage will be utilized to promote safety for all motorized and non-motorized users of the trail.
TRX 450R

Winchester, KY

#3 Apr 27, 2010
Property Ownership
The proposed trail system will utilize abandoned logging and mining roads in some areas along with existing OHV trails located throughout the region. Much of the trail system will be located within property already owned by Letcher County and TECO. TECO as agreed to make available the necessary property for the trail system.

Natural Features
Elevations vary greatly along the proposed trail system, from 2,500 ft. MSL near the Pike County line, to approximately 1,200 ft. MSL near Neon. Many of the peaks and ridges are ideal locations for scenic overlooks.

Since: Apr 10

Winchester, KY

#4 Apr 27, 2010
Along with the boost to existing businesses, trails may foster the development of additional support businesses. Maintenance and fueling stations may develop along the trails and at trailheadsd, possibly with ATV rental services. Additional lodging may develop in the form of RV parks, campsites, and cabins.

Winchester, KY

#5 Apr 27, 2010
plz list any ideas on what will make this work & with safty in mind thx

Winchester, KY

#6 Apr 27, 2010
sry for the typo thats safety in mind
benthere

Columbus, OH

#7 Apr 28, 2010
Any maps available yet? Any idea when all this might begin? Are the trails gonna hit any of Pine Mountain? I think that's where we need to aim. There's lots of space, virtually no houses, and we could link up with Pike County and possibly Harlan County.
my opinion

Winchester, KY

#8 Apr 28, 2010
TRX 450R wrote:
150 miles + trails neon being 4wheeler friendly ride down town neon on a 4 wheeler no hassle from cops 5 mile radius to ride on secondary roads to reach trail head at fishpond lake 2/10th of a mile on state highway gonna bring lots of tourism to this small town an money great idea ya think ?
neon is not 4 wheeler friendly unless you are a friend or family of the cops. neon never has anything for the kids to do and then everyone grips about the kids getting into trouble.kids need things good to do.
hes

Hindman, KY

#9 Apr 28, 2010
I love the 4 wheeeler rental idea let me know im there.

Winchester, KY

#10 Apr 28, 2010
were gonna meet with them this comming week ill have more about it then about maps and ideas that could help so any ideas you post here ill suggest to them thx
benthere

Columbus, OH

#11 Apr 29, 2010
how about access to the fishpond area, atv's along US 119 are not likely to be allowed. will there be additional trailheads? Such as Ramey Fork? How will access be from the Neon area? Are the trails going to tie into the Pine Mtn. area? There are some pretty good pieces of trails from Jenkins to Elkhorn City, can it tie into these? And what about the existing trails from Mayking into Flat Gap and beyond? And over into Knott County ... thru Beaver Dam or Buck Creek? The list could go on and on with some support from the community and the politicians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min ChromiuMan 138,127
Cops at cocaine curve 21 min Rambling man 6
Cheating wife's 3 hr Ace 102
Where the ambulance 3 hr Dosomething 11
Curtis thompson 14 hr Rosebaby 8
cops 16 hr noseyneighbor 1
pussilla 21 hr butterfly 2
More from around the web

Whitesburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]