State police investigate trooper for ...

State police investigate trooper for allegedly killing hounds

There are 239 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Apr 10, 2008, titled State police investigate trooper for allegedly killing hounds. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

“I have no idea how long it's going to take to conclude the investigation”

A Kentucky State Police trooper is under investigation for allegedly shooting two hounds that were barking at night near his eastern Kentucky home. via Lexington Herald-Leader

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
eastern ky girl

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Apr 15, 2008
if it wasnt a STATE TROOPER this wouldnt even b a topic. Much less BLOWN out to this big of proportion
elvis presley

Chesapeake, VA

#4 Apr 15, 2008
this man was only protecting his self. IM SURE he has probaly protected u or one of ur family memebers. Rather pulling over a speeder or a drunk driver that could kill one of u! HAVE some respect for him..........what if we didnt have police officers? THIS world would b alot WORSE than what it allready is. BE THANKFUL we have help! STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP DOGGGGGGING THE MAN and mind ur own buisness and thank god we have STATE TROOPERS!
ddog

Macon, GA

#5 Apr 20, 2008
yea right this man pay high dollars for his dog and trooper shot it if someone else they alreay be in jail gueess trooopers should have more right yea right pss when they high speed when not in chase isnt right either how do put stop of that
pilgrim

Christiansburg, VA

#6 Apr 27, 2008
This trooper needs to be proscuted to the fulliest extent of the law.
Dog Guy

United States

#7 May 13, 2008
3 years ago, I witnessed this same cop accidentally run over a dog in his cruiser. He turned around and came back (undoubtedly because there were witnesses that seen him hit the animal). The animal's back was broken. His solution to get the dog out of the road, was to throw it over the hill in the creek, where it may take hours or even days to finally die. We voiced strongly to him that that was not an ethical thing to do. Had we not been there that day, I have no doubt whatsoever that would have been how the officer would have resolved the situation. Bottom line... in my opinion, anyone that doesn't have any more moral reasoning than that does not need to have the authority of a police officer which acts and resolves situations with people (while packing a firearm especially). What I witnessed that day causes me to have no doubt that this officer killed a couple dogs for barking and most likely came up with the self defense story after he realized he had done something illegal. This man thinks he is above the law. He isn't. Killing a dog for barking is like killing a baby for crying. There are some things you just don't do. Anyone that doesn't understand that - does not need a badge and a gun.
Pillsbury

United States

#8 May 13, 2008
To Elvis:
This man was not protecting himself. He didn't even claim that it was in self defense until he got in trouble for slaughtering someone's pets. That was when his story conveniently changed from the dogs were irritating him with their barking to "they were trying to attack him". For the love of God man, don't you have any pets? Most people think of their pets as members of their family. Ask around, you'll see what I'm saying is 100% true. And most people know that. This cop is a full blown trigger happy nut right up there with that murdering trooper Barry Engle thats killed god only knows how many and been brought up on misconduct charges more times than I can count on my fingers and toes only to find himself back in uniform a blink of an eye later blowing some other helpless bum away. A state trooper is a very dignified position that carries a great deal of authority & requires a very decent caliber of person to fill the role. Murderers and animal abusers have no business with a badge.
Stirrer

United States

#9 May 23, 2008
Pillsbury wrote:
To Elvis:
This man was not protecting himself. He didn't even claim that it was in self defense until he got in trouble for slaughtering someone's pets. That was when his story conveniently changed from the dogs were irritating him with their barking to "they were trying to attack him". For the love of God man, don't you have any pets? Most people think of their pets as members of their family. Ask around, you'll see what I'm saying is 100% true. And most people know that. This cop is a full blown trigger happy nut right up there with that murdering trooper Barry Engle thats killed god only knows how many and been brought up on misconduct charges more times than I can count on my fingers and toes only to find himself back in uniform a blink of an eye later blowing some other helpless bum away. A state trooper is a very dignified position that carries a great deal of authority & requires a very decent caliber of person to fill the role. Murderers and animal abusers have no business with a badge.
I think you need to stop listening to all the rumors. Killed only god knows how many? That sounded very foolish.
hmmmmm

United States

#10 Aug 15, 2008
maybe if it were him laying in the road, with HIS back broke, he would've wanted a different outcome too..... damn shame. someone should stick his badge up his ass
poff american

United States

#11 Aug 16, 2008
I tell you all this. I really don't care what you the supporters of this trooper is because he was in the wrong PERIOD!!!!! You all probably work with or around him or related. But I have only lived in this state for a year and can testify that the Police Department wether it be City all the way to State level have thier own agenda. They do what ever the hell the want. They make their own laws to suit them. There is so much CORRUPTION in this area it isn't even funny. If that was a Civilian that shot those dogs, then you would be sitting in jail. But for someone who wears a bagde then don't worry,no problem mon. I have lived allover the U.S. and overseas while in the ARMY. This is the most screwed up place and State that I have ever been in. I think you people should FIRE everyone in public office around here and hire new people even in Law enforcement and get out of this STAGNATED mess you all are in. I am not against Law Enforcment, but this so called bubba thing the law has going on here is a bunch crap. This officer needs to be fired and disciplined to the full extent of the law. He could have shot an innocent bystander with a stray bullet. But just as well I am sure they would have come up with some lame ass excuse that that person shouldn't have been there to protect the officer.
a dose of reality

Clarksville, TN

#12 Aug 22, 2008
Stirrer wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to stop listening to all the rumors. Killed only god knows how many? That sounded very foolish.
are you kidding me? let me guess, you live off the state, my tax dollars and those of the troppers keep up your sorry, none working, nothing better to do than complain a--. Adam Hall and Barry Engle are two of the finest people i have ever met are to be nothing but commended for protecting even ignorant people like you.
a dose of reality

Clarksville, TN

#13 Aug 22, 2008
poff american wrote:
I tell you all this. I really don't care what you the supporters of this trooper is because he was in the wrong PERIOD!!!!! You all probably work with or around him or related. But I have only lived in this state for a year and can testify that the Police Department wether it be City all the way to State level have thier own agenda. They do what ever the hell the want. They make their own laws to suit them. There is so much CORRUPTION in this area it isn't even funny. If that was a Civilian that shot those dogs, then you would be sitting in jail. But for someone who wears a bagde then don't worry,no problem mon. I have lived allover the U.S. and overseas while in the ARMY. This is the most screwed up place and State that I have ever been in. I think you people should FIRE everyone in public office around here and hire new people even in Law enforcement and get out of this STAGNATED mess you all are in. I am not against Law Enforcment, but this so called bubba thing the law has going on here is a bunch crap. This officer needs to be fired and disciplined to the full extent of the law. He could have shot an innocent bystander with a stray bullet. But just as well I am sure they would have come up with some lame ass excuse that that person shouldn't have been there to protect the officer.
let me guess your lame ass sits around with nothing to do but pass judgment on others that you know nothing about? it's easy to spout off at the mouth but try doing their job for just a day. Grow Up!
poff american

Chesapeake, VA

#14 Aug 27, 2008
a dose of reality wrote:
<quoted text>let me guess your lame ass sits around with nothing to do but pass judgment on others that you know nothing about? it's easy to spout off at the mouth but try doing their job for just a day. Grow Up!
You are the lame ass. For your'e info I pay in more tax money than you probably make. Kiss your'e own ass you piece of shit.I see about everyone here in kentucky on the draw because you all are too lazy to get and keep a job!!!!!
You all are a bunch of freakin idiots and drug heads period. It is idiots like your'e self that give kentucky a bad name. For your'e freakin info I enjoy getting on here and pissing people like you all off. HEY OPPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES reach your'e head between your'e leggs and blow a fart right up your'e snout.
poff american

Chesapeake, VA

#15 Aug 27, 2008
a dose of reality wrote:
<quoted text>let me guess your lame ass sits around with nothing to do but pass judgment on others that you know nothing about? it's easy to spout off at the mouth but try doing their job for just a day. Grow Up!
And I don't live in kentucky and wouldn't give anyone a plug nickle for any house here. I ONLY WORK HERE STUPID.
poff american

Chesapeake, VA

#16 Aug 27, 2008
a dose of reality wrote:
<quoted text>let me guess your lame ass sits around with nothing to do but pass judgment on others that you know nothing about? it's easy to spout off at the mouth but try doing their job for just a day. Grow Up!
If I had my way about it, this state would lose
it's commonwealth status so none of you could draw state aid. Why I haven't seen as many lazy
people in one place before in my life. Hell most people are on the draw here or work for the state
because they don't how to do anything else. Why if I live around here I would send my kids to school out of state beause everything here and most of the people here suck. I hope I am pissing you of because I love to agitate people. lmaorof,
figure that one out if you can. hahahaha
sugargirl

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Aug 31, 2008
poff american wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the lame ass. For your'e info I pay in more tax money than you probably make. Kiss your'e own ass you piece of shit.I see about everyone here in kentucky on the draw because you all are too lazy to get and keep a job!!!!!
You all are a bunch of freakin idiots and drug heads period. It is idiots like your'e self that give kentucky a bad name. For your'e freakin info I enjoy getting on here and pissing people like you all off. HEY OPPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES reach your'e head between your'e leggs and blow a fart right up your'e snout.
now that real nice you sound like a five years old with you foul mouth , your make no one mad . just make you look like a child . you may pay in taxs but you schould be in prschool you sound like a baby need a tit. ps yopu only do this because you dont have any one who like you for the way you are you need a attitute ajustment
poff american

United States

#18 Sep 5, 2008
sugargirl wrote:
<quoted text>now that real nice you sound like a five years old with you foul mouth , your make no one mad . just make you look like a child . you may pay in taxs but you schould be in prschool you sound like a baby need a tit. ps yopu only do this because you dont have any one who like you for the way you are you need a attitute ajustment
you are just like a typical kentuckian. You cant even spell. look who needs to go back to school. you are a prime example of why i would not put my kids through a kentucy school. and also i really dont give a shit what you or any one else here thinks of what i say. and screw you on the attiude adjustment, this is a free country and i reserve my rights under the constitution PERIOD.
if you dont like what i have to say then dont log on and read, because i will insult you till i get tired. and for youre info i only got on here about that patrolman that shot the dogs. so why dont you get back to the topic. like i said there is too much corruption in this community and you people just lay down and take the shit because you all dont have the balls to stand and fight for whats right.
OMG

United States

#19 Sep 15, 2008
sugargirl wrote:
<quoted text>now that real nice you sound like a five years old with you foul mouth , your make no one mad . just make you look like a child . you may pay in taxs but you schould be in prschool you sound like a baby need a tit. ps yopu only do this because you dont have any one who like you for the way you are you need a attitute ajustment
What the hell are you TRYING to say? Your typing is even slurred !!!
Fujimo

AOL

#20 Sep 17, 2008
If the hounds were in ypour back yard you would probally do the same.
Bet you are a republican
Lexington

Louisville, KY

#21 Oct 4, 2008
Im glad that I dont live near Adam Hall if my kids were crying and they were outside.Get the picture ? Wrong Is wrong.The law taking the law in his own hands.What a joke.
The Truth

Chesapeake, VA

#22 Oct 21, 2008
You folks can say what you want about who you want. However, you should know that Adam Hall is an outstanding police officer, father and person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
roundabout music 4 hr boredwithidiots 2
Your to funny 4 hr Haha 3
Whitesburg ARH 5 hr Carol 2
I'm still a democrat 11 hr Great friend 20
Judd caudill/ Emily Lucas 11 hr Lmao 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 hr Secularist 156,440
AT&T fiber (Apr '16) 21 hr Franky 7

Whitesburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitesburg Mortgages